autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Quote Originally Posted by thedoc46 View Post
    I used it last weekend on two 2018 Black VW's. After a waterless D115 wash. Temps were mid 50's which is like heaven in SW Florida. Worked in a garage so out of direct sunglight. I didn't follow the instructions. Working one panel at a time I just sprayed it up with distilled water and done around two to three sprays of HCW (dependent on the panel) on a wet MF pad, and wiped it all over the panel evenly. It ended up as a wet milky substance. Then using two MF's, wiped up all the wetness with one, and buffed to dry with the other. I have to say, the cars looked amazing afterwards. I really wasn't expecting as good results as i got. I really like that i could just go over everything (minus the glass) Paint was really slick and smooth afterwards. It's been 3 days now and i'd expect to be seeing the usual brake dust (did wheels too) and pollen layers by now, but both cars seem to be staying cleaner than normal. So i think its a great product. Will it replace my favorite White Shark High Temp paste wax? Probably not, but i'll certainly include it once a while to my regiment.
    I use it on Windows and it does great but I did end up redoing my SUV in fk1000p as well as it's still my favorite sealant

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I use it on Windows and it does great but I did end up redoing my SUV in fk1000p as well as it's still my favorite sealant

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Not tried HCW but some other spray on rinse off products. And they holds up remarkeble well on windows. The windshield gets to much of the road salt grime splatter on them. So the need of washer fluid and wipers is a little too much. But for being the windshield it's good though. One product on a Nissan Navara truck back window was not far from being to work as newly applyied after 6 months. I was very impressed with that. But it's a place that is not so much wear on but still see it bead and sheeting that fast was interesting to see.

Will see what the price gets to be here in Sweden on HCW. If we even is getting it LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

just tried it for the first time, Amazon had it pretty cheap, and I have to say that I don't think it'll be my goto product. Once you put it on, it snags my microfiber and requires a more vigorous buffoff than I want to do. I think I'll go back to my McKees 37 10 minute paint sealant, or the blackfire SIO2 spray, they are both true WOWA.....

Getting lazy in my old age....
    Glen -

4. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    just tried it for the first time, Amazon had it pretty cheap, and I have to say that I don't think it'll be my goto product. Once you put it on, it snags my microfiber and requires a more vigorous buffoff than I want to do. I think I'll go back to my McKees 37 10 minute paint sealant, or the blackfire SIO2 spray, they are both true WOWA.....

Use it for your rimsMeguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Use it for your rimsMeguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
    That is my plan to use up my bottle. Wasn't real impressed with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post

If you have already LSP you don't need to be wipe anything with these kind of spray on rinse off products. And a more easy way to be only spraying it on the panel and blast it off with a PW. This is what it was intended to be used as. Then it has came off label application to stretch the product you use or a more even application. But these spray on rinse off products is also mostly as maintance product so you can use quite often. My experience with these kind of products is that they also build up great after say by every other week. And the performance from them comes often about 3-4 applications to be even more effective than they get from 1 application. HCW is a little od in that it's very thick and has problems to break through a flat wet panel. This is not the case with other products in this category. I think that it's cause of the user friendly on an already LSP surfaces. Other products bond really fast and is needed to be rinsed off very fast too. I have seen some Youtube videos where they let it dwell on the panel for a quite long time. Doing this with say Gyeon Wet Coat you would be in trouble LOL.

Hope you not take it as a jump on you. It's more generally speaking of these products. And to save product it's used as it was not intended to be used as. Also a little warning as other products used as HCW off label use can get you in a lot of trouble with high spots that is not as easy to take of like HCW seems to be. If it comes to Sweden and is reasonable priced here like other products in this category. I will be testing this out too. I have a physically disability that makes me apply LSP very easy and with very great results. The ease of use is a big benefit with these spray on rinse off products but also sometimes it feels like waisting a lot of product when used as should be.

/ Tony

8. Likes Klasse Act, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use CarPro products mostly and wonder how well this would finish on CQuartz 3.0? It's much cheaper than CP's Hydr02 and Hydr02 Lite. Another quick question relating to Meg's products......Does anyone have experience with using CarPro Reload or Ech20 with Meg's ULW or any of their waxes? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dman68 View Post
    I use CarPro products mostly and wonder how well this would finish on CQuartz 3.0? It's much cheaper than CP's Hydr02 and Hydr02 Lite. Another quick question relating to Meg's products......Does anyone have experience with using CarPro Reload or Ech20 with Meg's ULW or any of their waxes? Thanks

I personally would like UK do its thing and perhaps mix Reload and Ech2o, use that.

Why mask the abilities of your coating with a lesser product? Otherwise instead of the coating use HCW every 3 to 6 months.

11. Thanks dman68 thanked for this post
    Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to you tube---- Obsessed Garage has a great video on HCW at their Headquarters...

Sorry didn`t want to post links not sure of AG rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Les voy a comentar MI experiencia, con HCW. Voy a escribir en ESPAÑOL.
    El metodo de utilizacion del producto no me convence.
    1) Se desperdicia mucho producto
    2) Puede dejar Streaks si se dispara demas
    3) Puede llegar a ser costozo retirar el residuo
    4) Deja de ser practico
    Hay que tener en cuenta que cuando el fabricante oficialmente dice que se sprayee sobre la superficie mojada, esta diluyendo "de hecho " al producto "on the fly" en ese momento. Se nota un producto MUY ESPESO, y que necesita dilucion. Dependera si existe o no proteccion previa. y posiblemente el producto quede en la microfibra si no se esparce bien... por todo ello decidi CAMBIAR EL METODO DE APLICACION..

Mi Metodologia Fue la siguiente:
    1) Dilui el Producto 7:1 con agua destilada (RECUERDE AGITAR MUCHO ANTES DE DILUIR)
    2) Aplique como un booster (al estilo Bead Maker o D156, etc,etc) sobre una toalla o capot, sobre la superficie SECA del auto.
    El RESULTADO ES SIMPLEMENTE ESPECTACULAR. Ademas una botella de 28oz rendiria 208oz. Vi una review con 8:1, pero me anime a diluir un poco menos.
    El producto es facil de pasar y retirar. Recuerden que hay que MEZCLAR muy bien antes de la dilucion del producto.

Saludos desde Argentina.

Saludos desde Argentina.

14. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast