autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Anyone else the filling this product does? I just did a family members car that had rather heavy swirls from washing and the HCW seemed to fill them pretty good. I think it's more very to Adams H20 Guard and Gloss (newest version)

Post Thanks / Like

If you look closely to the UK SDS sheet of HCW. You see after the name of it that it stands (experimental). So I think it's a version of the HCW when they where developing the product and tested it out. This is just what I think and can absolutely have wrong. But I think that the final HCW can be useing a blend of the Sio2 as Reload does. And if they make this blend with the parts of Sio2 strings less than need to be put in the sds sheet. They could have a loop hole to not need to be put in the sds sheet. Even if the total amount of the Sio2 would be enough to be in it. And spray on rinse off coating products can not have pure Sio2 in it. But there is a 2 part or more that reacts when it comes in contact with paint and the air starts the chemical reaction that makes it a kind of Sio2 on the paint. This is often used in full blown ceramic coatings too. So just going with the pure Sio2 content in a product is not always a sign of the actually Sio2 you get on the paint. And that's another discussion on how much of the Sio2 really is bonding to the paint when applyied. What if it's so that if you use a 5% Sio2 product and a 10% Sio2 product does not matter that much when applyied. Cause how would you know how much Sio2 is bonding? It can be a difference that has a minimal effect in the longrun. If you think that the higher concentration of sio2 is important. I know of a couple of products here on AGO that sweep the floor with most sprayes if take the Sio2 and Tio2 content in the mix of what you want. I leave this as a cliffhanger LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it. Reload has a ton of toxic products in it. The MSDS tells you not to breathe the fumes, not to get it in your eyes, not to get it on your skin and so on. That is what Matt was talking about when he said that Meg's Ceramic Wax had none of those characteristics. I am guessing what he meant is that the solvents needed to have SiO2 in suspension were not present.

Also, as far as I know, SiO2 reacts to water, that is why you can't have water on the car for several hours after you install a coating. But they ask you to get the car wet to apply it which makes no sense. It does make sense if they are using that product that binds to wet panels, can't recall the name but it the main ingredient in products like Hydro2 and car wash spray waxes. And that stuff is not Sillicon anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I doubt it. Reload has a ton of toxic products in it. The MSDS tells you not to breathe the fumes, not to get it in your eyes, not to get it on your skin and so on. That is what Matt was talking about when he said that Meg's Ceramic Wax had none of those characteristics. I am guessing what he meant is that the solvents needed to have SiO2 in suspension were not present.

Also, as far as I know, SiO2 reacts to water, that is why you can't have water on the car for several hours after you install a coating. But they ask you to get the car wet to apply it which makes no sense. It does make sense if they are using that product that binds to wet panels, can't recall the name but it the main ingredient in products like Hydro2 and car wash spray waxes. And that stuff is not Sillicon anything.
    Yeah Sio2 reacts with both water and air. The silane name in Hydro2 is Heptadecafluorodecyltrimethoxysilane. But as said this is over my knowledge what the different parts became after the reaction. They switches molecules with each other to form the finished results of the hydrophobic layer. And there are very different strings of those and solvents and alcohols that keep them desolved in liquid form.

It will be very interesting to hear if Meguiars is going to be explaining the SDS DPC got from them. Cause I think it's hazardious in some kind. And that needs to be disclosed in the SDS sheet even if the chemical don't need to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Heptadecafluorodecyltrimethoxysilane

Bob, break it down for us, LOLMeguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Heptadecafluorodecyltrimethoxysilane

Bob, break it down for us, LOLMeguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Crazy hydrophobic thingy LOL. We need a real chemist here LOL. I'm not for sure LOL. But try to explain the little I have learned through a lot of reading. And that's a whole other deal when mixing and manufactured. Looking on Loach aka Wax Mode videos it sure seem to work as described. Then if it's not what they say it is. Some don't like that. And also the Sio2 is not an easy topic as it is what it is. There are a lot of chemical reaction going on.

Hey it's a product here on AGO with 35% Sio2 as the one DPC has in his sealant and also 35% Tio2. And easy to work with too

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright!!!! $5 rebate came today....for anyone who filled it out it looks like a junk mail post card so don't throw it away

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

I just tried it out today on my hood and front fenders.

Just two sprays on the wet hood and wiped in with a microfiber, then followed behind it with a dry one.

Was a little grabby while there was still moisture that had not evaporated yet when first hitting it with a dry towel but after the initial pass it was pretty slick.

My conditions probably were not the best. Raining and applied under a car port, then put back out in the rain after 10-15 minuets. With the high moisture it still dried easily like using a drying aid.

Some beading from the rain. Vehicle parked on an upward sloped driveway.

I’ll also add that this is after my first light wash of the year on this car, so definitely not surgically clean and could probably use a claying. Just wanted to play around with a new product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I actually tried using this as a waterless wash and actually removes dirt really well. Not the best on rims right out of the bottle but when mixed with DI water does a good job

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used it last weekend on two 2018 Black VW's. After a waterless D115 wash. Temps were mid 50's which is like heaven in SW Florida. Worked in a garage so out of direct sunglight. I didn't follow the instructions. Working one panel at a time I just sprayed it up with distilled water and done around two to three sprays of HCW (dependent on the panel) on a wet MF pad, and wiped it all over the panel evenly. It ended up as a wet milky substance. Then using two MF's, wiped up all the wetness with one, and buffed to dry with the other. I have to say, the cars looked amazing afterwards. I really wasn't expecting as good results as i got. I really like that i could just go over everything (minus the glass) Paint was really slick and smooth afterwards. It's been 3 days now and i'd expect to be seeing the usual brake dust (did wheels too) and pollen layers by now, but both cars seem to be staying cleaner than normal. So i think its a great product. Will it replace my favorite White Shark High Temp paste wax? Probably not, but i'll certainly include it once a while to my regiment.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast