autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

foam gun tip flying off

ok so i took the plunge and purchased a foam gun from autopia. finally decided to use it so i put it all together, dumped a bunch of soap in the container, filled it up and got it all set up. but what i noticed was the tip that controls how the foam
    is shot out horizontal or vertical, was very loose. it basically slides right off. not thinking anything of it, i put it on, turned on the water, and then the thing shot out and hit the car. so now im thinking did i get a defective tip? i emailed autopia
    but no response yet. i even pulled that little spring and tried to bend it to somehow make it tighter but that didnt work. still feels loose. so when i use the gun, i have to hold the tip so it wont shoot out. anyone ever had this problem? what would
    be the fix? glue the tip on the brass? but then you wouldnt be able to change how the foam comes out. how tight should the tip be on the brass tube? all i know is it sucks having to hold the tip. makes me feel like a waste of $ even though the foaming part was great.

any help is appreciated. mahalo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: foam gun tip flying off

Can you share some pics?

This is quick connect right?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    ok so i took the plunge and purchased a foam gun from autopia. finally decided to use it so i put it all together, dumped a bunch of soap in the container, filled it up and got it all set up. but what i noticed was the tip that controls how the foam
    is shot out horizontal or vertical, was very loose. it basically slides right off. not thinking anything of it, i put it on, turned on the water, and then the thing shot out and hit the car. so now im thinking did i get a defective tip? i emailed autopia
    but no response yet. i even pulled that little spring and tried to bend it to somehow make it tighter but that didnt work. still feels loose. so when i use the gun, i have to hold the tip so it wont shoot out. anyone ever had this problem? what would
    be the fix? glue the tip on the brass? but then you wouldnt be able to change how the foam comes out. how tight should the tip be on the brass tube? all i know is it sucks having to hold the tip. makes me feel like a waste of $ even though the foaming part was great.

any help is appreciated. mahalo
    There spring in the tip fits over the notch in the brass tip of the foam gun. It clicks into place and requires a bit of force to engage and remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vincec View Post
    There spring in the tip fits over the notch in the brass tip of the foam gun. It clicks into place and requires a bit of force to engage and remove.

thank you i see where the clip is supposed to lock in but from what i can tell the clip does not bend inside the tip so it just slides over the brass without locking in. must be a bad clip.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. the clip in my tip does not click into place. so the tip only slides over the notch and does not lock into place. obviously a defective part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    thanks. the clip in my tip does not click into place. so the tip only slides over the notch and does not lock into place. obviously a defective part.
    Here is a view of the clip as it's supposed to fit. You can see it protruding into the inside diameter of the nozzle.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you
    yeah i see that. i dont think mine protrudes inside. looks like it rides up just along the inside which wont allow it to latch onto the notch.

Post Thanks / Like

you can also buy a spare if needed here...

Foam Wand Replacement

Post Thanks / Like

hey thanks but i feel i got a defective product. they will send me a replacement that i hope will work. id buy one but the shipping is probably more than the product which doesnt make much sense to me.