autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What extractor are you using...?

I did a search, but a solid extractor thread hasn't come up in quite some time.

I'm wondering what carpet extractor you guys are using, if any? I did a search and it seems like there's nothing solid in between the Bissell ProSpot for $99 and one of the upper echelon units that are in excess of $1,500. Isn't anyone using something right in the middle? If it's a unit that will last me for several years to come, I'd rather buy nice than buy twice. My wife & I are avid weekend hikers & cyclists. Additionally, we camp a lot so our interiors take a beating in excess of helping friends and family with their vehicles.

I found the Aqua Pro Vac, but reviews are mixed, at best.
    The Mytee S-300 got absolutely HORRIBLE reviews on Amazon, but coincidentally, adored on other distributor sites. Aside from the Mytee name, I'm not quite sure what to believe.

I don't want to get stuck with a $400+ machine only to have it take a dump shortly thereafter.
    Is there anything else new on the market that is being used with relatively good success and reliability?
    Or am I forced to buy the disposable $99 Bissell if I don't want to man up and cough up $1,500 for a 'pro' version.
    - Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What extractor are you using...?

Seems like you skipped over the Mytee Lite at $800-900. This machine used to get some terrible reviews over it's design and durability, as well as the customer service, but those criticisms seemed to be night and day depending whether you were an occasional user or a pro user. That machine has gone through one, maybe two large design changes since those nightmare stories from a few years ago, but I don't really know if those changes are more cosmetic or actually substantive.

At the time some members felt the Spyder and the...whatever the $1500 machine is, were more "pro-grade" construction and the Lite was for the enthusiast detailer who used it a few times a year.

3. Likes wing commander liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What extractor are you using...?

I was actually looking at the Lite myself this weekend.
    I was tempted to pull the trigger but after checking out some you tube video's im on the fence.
    some professional detailers say they really dont like to use extractors.