autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bead Maker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bead Maker?

Hard to beat BSD for durability. I mix it 50/50 with V07 to thin it out some.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered some because why not right? Worst case if I don't like it I can use it on door jambs and wheels.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    BSD is Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer.
    So is this a QD or a spray wax? I've probably seen this around but didn't know it had the beading rep it does Bead Maker?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So is this a QD or a spray wax? I've probably seen this around but didn't know it had the beading rep it does Bead Maker?

It is a QD. It’s a basically a QD with the same properties of Sonax PNS. Just search YouTube is you want to know how good the beading is. Great stuff. Waxmode/Loach has a good review of it. Not the easiest to apply do to the fact that it is tacky like Sonax PNS but the end result of beading and self cleaning is better than any QD on the market IMO.

YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To further this discussion in true Rippy D fashion I’m going to do a comparison of my favorite 3 QD’s. P&S Beadmaker, Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, and Duragloss 931 diluted at QD strength. I washed both cars today since it was 58 degrees here in NC. On the Volvo hood I have BSD matched against BM. And on the wife’s van I have BM matched with DG931 QD.

Volvo hood BSD passenger side vs. BM Drivers side.

Van hood has DG 931 in the passenger side and BM on the driver side.

It’s a little overcast so not the best pics. Gloss of BM maybe slightly better vs BSD but it’s negligible. Slickness is obviously night and day vs BM and BSD. But I am testing this to show the self cleaning differences between the two. Again my theory for next year is to start with BM in the spring through fall and apply BSD for the winter for its self cleaning attributes since I wash much more infrequent during the winter. The Volvo is an outside 24/7 DD.

In regards to the Van, the test is to possibly give people another option to BM. BM is only slightly slicker than DG931 to the touch. Because DG 931 has DG 951 Aquawax in it which was the old Gold standard of a slick QD. You may be trying to comprehend how a Rinseless wash could provide beading protection for any length of time. Rippy D’s sealant comparison thread led me to try 931 as a QD. Currently he applied DG 931 on 9/6/18 and it is still beading water on 12/16/18. So 3+ months of beading. The significance is the cost difference. DG 931 is $.06/ net oz and BM is $.26/ net oz. I did a quick side by side previously and the beading difference was negligible between BM and DG931. And I didn’t take pics. So I thought I would do a test to show the differences over a month or so. BM is certainly not expensive by any means. Sonax BSD is $.67/ net oz. But I thought I would show a comparison that might help some of the professionals out there looking for a final wipe down product. If DG 931 can hold up well for the price it may be a unique option for some who want a good cost effective option. I like 931 for my wife’s van because of all the surface area on it.

I will try to follow up weekly with result and pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    It is a QD. It’s a basically a QD with the same properties of Sonax PNS. Just search YouTube is you want to know how good the beading is. Great stuff. Waxmode/Loach has a good review of it. Not the easiest to apply do to the fact that it is tacky like Sonax PNS but the end result of beading and self cleaning is better than any QD on the market IMO.

YouTube

Sonax wheel shield is also tacky, at first, must be their thing! Thanks for the info, I'm going to be getting some...like I need more stuffBead Maker?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post

YouTube

BDS is a little thick, that’s why I mix V07 with it. Probably could use Beadmaker instead of V07 for a super QD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    BDS is a little thick, that’s why I mix V07 with it. Probably could use Beadmaker instead of V07 for a super QD.
    I did try a 50/50 of BSD and BM. It took very little characteristics of the BSD. It was like using straight BM for some reason. Maybe another dilution ratio may work better but I’m out of hood space right now. Lol. After this test maybe I will do some more experimenting. I have used BSD with Griot’s best in show detailer 50/50 and it worked really well.

Klasse.... you won’t be sorry. AG had it BOGO a month or so ago. Picked up 4 bottles since I like it so much. Application can be tricky. Be sure to spray the towel also to help it glide over paint. It is tacky.

10. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When you apply BSD I like to do as you are recommended to apply the BM the second time. 1-2 sprays per panel and 2-3 sprays per larger panels. I spray BSD only into the mf towel and wipe it in on the paint. This way the tacky feeling is not a problem for me. If I use it as a drying aid or don't get the panel completly dry. I have put the BSD in a flairosol bottle which gives you a very fine mist and a more even distribution of the BSD. Or put it in a spray bottle that you can adjust the sprayer head with and set it to fine mist it out. A little of BSD goes a long way. I also use a high plush mf towel to do the buff with. As I feel I get a less tacky feeling after this. And you can also dilute it with destilled water or something like V07 or any other water based QD/spray wax. I like the crazy water behavior on it's own that BSD gives you. If you use it every 2-4 wash you will have a coating like LSP always. And even more aggressive water behavior and self cleaning ability than some coatings. So if you accept it's not the slickest or the easiest way to apply it. The Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is hard to beat for a simple QD.

12. Likes cullen2505, Ochnob, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    When you apply BSD I like to do as you are recommended to apply the BM the second time. 1-2 sprays per panel and 2-3 sprays per larger panels. I spray BSD only into the mf towel and wipe it in on the paint. This way the tacky feeling is not a problem for me. If I use it as a drying aid or don't get the panel completly dry. I have put the BSD in a flairosol bottle which gives you a very fine mist and a more even distribution of the BSD. Or put it in a spray bottle that you can adjust the sprayer head with and set it to fine mist it out. A little of BSD goes a long way. I also use a high plush mf towel to do the buff with. As I feel I get a less tacky feeling after this. And you can also dilute it with destilled water or something like V07 or any other water based QD/spray wax. I like the crazy water behavior on it's own that BSD gives you. If you use it every 2-4 wash you will have a coating like LSP always. And even more aggressive water behavior and self cleaning ability than some coatings. So if you accept it's not the slickest or the easiest way to apply it. The Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is hard to beat for a simple QD.
    Wow, a lot of guys like BSD. I threw mine in the trash after a couple of applications..did not like how tacky it felt during and after removal. Does offer tight beading, but I like to feel slick paint.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast