autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bead Maker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bead Maker?

I’m shocked at 931’s durability experiences. I have Aquawax 951 but it seems like 931 at qd strength is more durable? I would think 951 has more polymer/solids and would last the longest. Or am I getting something backwards?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’m shocked at 931’s durability experiences. I have Aquawax 951 but it seems like 931 at qd strength is more durable? I would think 951 has more polymer/solids and would last the longest. Or am I getting something backwards?
    It is odd. I seem to have about the same results as Rippy D’s sealant comparison thread. I only get about a month out of 951 Aquawax alone. But 931 as a QD seems to last much longer which is why I am testing it against Bead maker.

I did a slickness comparison on the van hood yesterday with just my fingers. It’s only been a couple days but BM is only slightly slicker than 931. Both have about the same amount a dust attached to them but it’s really too early to make more of a comparison than that. I will continue to post results of the 2 cars.

As a footnote one of the best tools ever created when evaluating LSP’s is Rippy D’s google doc page. It’s gives everything you need to know about a sealant under all the tabs. I have it bookmarked and check it quite often to follow along with his test.

Sealant info

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Thanks cullen2505, acuRAS82, KBsToy, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick update after one week of Sonax BSD vs P&S Beadmaker. It’s been raining hard the last 2 days. I will have to say that both products performed well. There were obvious differences. Driving home it seemed that Sonax BSD would start running up the hood at about 30 mph where it took BM up to 40 mph. It also seems as though Sonax BSD has better self cleaning than P&S BM. Here is a pick after one of the rain showers. As you can see the passenger side the has BSD is much drier that the BM side.

Here is also a vid on the beading. This after one week and no washing. The car has normal contaminants of daily driving.

YouTube

I will have to say that the beading of the BM isn’t that bad. I wasn’t that impressed with the beading when I put it on in Sept. for a product called BEAD Maker. But side by side with PNS it’s not all that bad. It’s just that nothing compares to Sonax BSD in the beading self cleaning department. It is the king in that regard. However, you do sacrifice any slickness that your paint has.

So far I am liking my theory for next year of BM spring- fall and the BSD for winter.

I will continue to update.

5. Thanks Diner, KBsToy, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Loach, cullen2505, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the comparison. I have both and will try the same on one of cars. Of the little I've used of both so far, the Bead Maker is more enjoyable to apply and I love the sickness.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This is bead maker put on about a week ago and after 2 inches of rain yesterday.

Bead Maker?-20181220_165332-1-2-jpgBead Maker?-20181220_165336-2-jpg

8. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cullen2505 View Post
    This is bead maker put on about a week ago and after 2 inches of rain yesterday.

Bead Maker?-20181220_165332-1-2-jpgBead Maker?-20181220_165336-2-jpg
    Living up to it's name!

Definitely interested on trying this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cullen2505 View Post
    Thanks for posting the comparison. I have both and will try the same on one of cars. Of the little I've used of both so far, the Bead Maker is more enjoyable to apply and I love the sickness.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Agreed. BM is so fun to apply. Smell is addictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Would be intresting to see when BM is applyied over something like BSD too. Since it's claims to take on the base coat water behavior if I have understand it correctly. Or is it just that it bonds to coatings and sealants and waxes? Or apply BM on a half of a hood that has a ceramic coating. To compare the water behavior and self cleaning ability between the 2 sides.

Ochnob thanks for shareing your testing! Always interesting to see the difference between LSPs water behavior and self cleaning ability when they are put on 50/50 on a hood.

/ Tony

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought a gallon.

WG DGPS on the truck already.

For my application on a silver F-150, Bead Maker made the paint more slippery to the touch
    and even a slight gloss increase to the eye.

Post Thanks / Like

In my short time of using Beadmaker I've noticed it doesn't really offer up any self cleaning ability at all. That said, when I go to wash the car, it cleans up VERY easily though!

Right now I'm going to say Beadmaker does offer protection, no doubt about it, but it's real trump card is gloss and clarity, just makes the paint look incredible!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast