autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help - Looking for a product for my specefic needs

To add for the hands, Larry from AmmoNYC puts on running gloves then your nitrile gloves on top so your hands stay dry.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I wash outside all winter as long as the temperature is over 25 degrees. Waterless and rinseless washes will still work below freezing as long as you keep the car surface facing the sun. For your hands, I would recommend ice fishing gloves from Glacier Glove. You can find them at Bass Pro Shops or Dick's Sporting Goods. They will keep your hands warm and dry.
    You are definitely hardcore, UD...........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    Nice!

But here in winter it's always -15c. Never goes above -5c . So bucket washing is impossible (simply due to hands freezing + more issues )
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    To add for the hands, Larry from AmmoNYC puts on running gloves then your nitrile gloves on top so your hands stay dry.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    I took the easy way out.... I moved to Arizona... Where we had a very chilly 65 degrees today... brrrrrrrr!!!!!

5. Likes Jon TDS, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in NW and gets cold. I would buy foaming sprayer (griots from A/G or Autopia, if bigger needed look for Ik 9 elsewhere. At carwash power wash, then foam car with foaming soap of choice (recently got some BF foam booster to try get foamier (new word).Let dwell few minutes rinse off. Use current sprayer with RW of choice at WW delution. I let dwell then rinse of again. This works ok but I would still recommend going over with RW while their. If you have touch less drive through and are OK with using. Pre soak with foaming sprayer before you run through use only basic wash. As for WW/RW recommendation (used Ech20, McKee’s 914 and Ammo Frothe recently and Onr Wolfgang before) I would use Uber as I feel it’s slickest and would add to your sealant. From what I’ve read and not experienced yet is Ech20 for Sio2, 914 for just cleaning nothing left behind (good for sio2 coats), frothe cuz you love foam (suppose to work good with heavy grime but can’t get myself to try and wipe it off). The polymers in Wolfgang Uber suppose to play nice with sealants.

Happy cleanings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Ammo Frothe setup with the pump foamer. Imo it's the safest and easiest waterless setup and I have tried a bunch. I use it for maintenance washes frequently.

Also for removing that winter road salt etc grab some whips Wax salt remover. Safe on all exterior surfaces and won't strip waxes or harm coatings. Plus it works awesome to remove salt stains from carpet etc.

For keeping my hands warm I put a pair of the little black stretchy cotton gloves on followed by a pair of nitrile gloves. Works decently.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

this time of year it's touch free car wash for me. it's got to be better then letting all that salt & slush sit on the car. then when I get home if I'm feeling energetic I'll pull in the garage and do a rinse less wash. once my truck is clean it seems to stay pretty clean in the cold temps. that is until it snows again & then you just repeat the same process. good luck.
    also keep in mind a lot of those touch free car washes will close on the real cold days. around here any temp below 25 % & they'll shut down for the day.
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for a good touchless wash. This time of year when it gets above freezing I'll run our vehicles through a touchless wash with an underbody spray to get all the salt off the undercarriage. The vehicles won't be totally clean, but they will be clean enough to get me through to spring when I can do a proper bucket wash. I've never had much luck doing a waterless wash in these temps as the products get really streaky.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    Check out the Ammo Frothe setup with the pump foamer. Imo it's the safest and easiest waterless setup and I have tried a bunch. I use it for maintenance washes frequently.

Also for removing that winter road salt etc grab some whips Wax salt remover. Safe on all exterior surfaces and won't strip waxes or harm coatings. Plus it works awesome to remove salt stains from carpet etc.

For keeping my hands warm I put a pair of the little black stretchy cotton gloves on followed by a pair of nitrile gloves. Works decently.
    Yeah like this if not going to spray down at car wash and going to do in garage. Cleans well feels like leaves nothing behind. If spraying down first I’d still recommend Uber as feel it’s less work than Frothe. It’s awesome stuff though. Also if you choose ammo route look at griots sprayer on AG. It is made by same manufacturer and on a 25% sale will cost you half ($30 vs $60).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post

Also the glove hack....friggin genius!

Post Thanks / Like

3D Super Citrus APC

3D Orange 88 Citrus Degreaser 128 oz.

I would test to use a citrus based degreaser. Dilute it in a pump sprayer bottle and spray it on the dirtiest parts. Let it dwell and rinse it off with a PW if the manual wash bay has that. Start rinsing from the bottom and work your way up. So you clean with the water pressure from the PW. Every part of the vehical are going to be cleaned with the water pressure from the PW. Then move on to useing the wash method of choice. Ech2o and Wolfgang über and McKees 37 N-914 I have heard has great cleaning ability. If you do a 2bm wash or Garry Dean method with multible wash mitts and or mf wash towels. Get you a bottle of Carpro Reset car soap. And also get Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer QD to fresh up the PNS after the wash. Either as a drying aid or which I prefer apply it dry. Switch to another spray bottle that can spray out the BSD in a finer mist. A Flairosol spray bottle is awesome or a one you can adjust the sprayer head. If you don't switch bottles and apply it dry. Spray a couple of sprays in the mf towel and spread it out and a second mf towel to wipe it off. 1-2 sprays per panel is enough and 1 more at the bigger panels. PNS and BSD uses the same chemical that protects. So no difference in the water behavior or alter the look of it.

/Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast