autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone else less than impressed with the scratch resistance offered by ceramic coatings?

So my view and what I push most about coatings is the uv protection, I think that while we all might want the hydroponics and gloss and shine and all that magical jazz, for me it's mostly about the paint protection from the UV. I feel in the long term that does most of the damage to the paint so as long as it's there protecting from the sun's damage and for years instead of months it's worth it.

Now I know that surface contamination can cause damage as well but in most cases that's taken care of often enough to were the sun is something you generally can't avoid

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone else less than impressed with the scratch resistance offered by ceramic coatings?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    So my view and what I push most about coatings is the uv protection, I think that while we all might want the hydroponics and gloss and shine and all that magical jazz, for me it's mostly about the paint protection from the UV. I feel in the long term that does most of the damage to the paint so as long as it's there protecting from the sun's damage and for years instead of months it's worth it.

Now I know that surface contamination can cause damage as well but in most cases that's taken care of often enough to were the sun is something you generally can't avoid

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I am with you on that. I think having a coating as a base protection and topping it off with a ceramic sealant used as a drying aid each time you wash will offer the best possible protection and be the easiest to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else less than impressed with the scratch resistance offered by ceramic coatings?

Ok I’m a bit curious about where you’re coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    Like I said, today's ceramic coatings do seem to offer significantly more protection and enhancement to a vehicles appearance. Much more so than conventional waxes and/or sealants. So, they do deserve some credit for their technological developments.
    Right here you speak like someone who’s convinced based on experience.Anyone else less than impressed with the scratch resistance offered by ceramic coatings?Anyone else less than impressed with the scratch resistance offered by ceramic coatings?[because who would say that if they weren’t]

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    The more I read these responses, the more skeptical I am becoming with regard to ceramic coatings. At the moment, I am still convinced that they are the most durable when compared to other "conventional" paint protection (waxes/sealants).
    But right hereAnyone else less than impressed with the scratch resistance offered by ceramic coatings?Anyone else less than impressed with the scratch resistance offered by ceramic coatings?it kinda sounds like someone who’s maybe looking to dive into coatings for the 1st time? Otherwise who cares what other people say or think? It’s your own experiences that matter, and if something works for you then who cares if it doesn’t work for others or even less what they think?

“Find what works for you and use it often”

But don’t hold yourself back simply based on what other people say or think...

Post Thanks / Like

Eldorado2k, upon seeing several cars that have been coated come in with many scratches and marring (almost as if they were never coated) I couldn't help wondering if what I was seeing was isolated or more widespread. So, I decided to come here to the detailing community and see what others were experiencing. That was the motivation behind my initial post and this thread.

After reading many responses, it was becoming clear to me that what I was seeing was pretty much in line with what others were also experiencing.

I do care what other people think about a certain products, especially those in the detailing business as well as consumers who have used the product. Just doing a little research to see what others were experiencing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234