autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Question McKee's 37 MK37-200 Paint Coating vs regular coating

Hey guys,

was reading other threads and came across McKee's 37 MK37-200 Paint Coating. It looks to be a spray on coating similar to Geyon CanCoat? However it says it lasts up to 2 years?

From you guys who have used it before how does it compare to a Cquartz UK 3.0 or Geyon Pure & other consumer ceramic coatings? Thats the stuff I usually use however if it provides me with the same hydrophobic features and lasts just as long and is super easy to apply then why am I still using the regular coatings?

Thanks

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 MK37-200 Paint Coating vs regular coating

Quote Originally Posted by bryanviper View Post
    Hey guys,

was reading other threads and came across McKee's 37 MK37-200 Paint Coating. It looks to be a spray on coating similar to Geyon CanCoat? However it says it lasts up to 2 years?

From you guys who have used it before how does it compare to a Cquartz UK 3.0 or Geyon Pure & other consumer ceramic coatings? Thats the stuff I usually use however if it provides me with the same hydrophobic features and lasts just as long and is super easy to apply then why am I still using the regular coatings?

Thanks
    Hello.

Last year we re-introduced our Paint Coating (MK37-260) with an entirely new formula which provides up to 3 years of longevity.

The longevity of a Paint Coating is dependent upon the following:

1. How you prep the vehicle BEFORE applying the coating.
    2. How you maintain the vehicle AFTER applying the coating.

Most manufacturers have an exact process that needs to be followed in order to achieve the best results using their Paint Coating. Ours is no different.

Prep before applying the coating:

1. Wash car using McKee's 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash. This helps remove old waxes, sealants, and dirt build up.
    2. Chemically decontaminate using McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover. This removes embedded iron particles, rail dust, etc.
    3. Mechanically decontaminate using McKee's 37 Universal Detailing Clay. This removes above-surface bonded contaminants.
    4. Polish paint using McKee's 37 Coating Prep Polish. This step deep cleans the paint while removing silicone oils, stubborn fillers, etc. If your vehicle has swirls and scratches, then you would use a swirl remover/compound in place of the Coating Prep Polish, then follow with McKee's 37 N-914 diluted 1 part concentrate to 8 parts water to remove the polishing oils that would otherwise prevent the coating from adhering.

Maintenance after applying the coating:

1. Regularly wash the vehicle using McKee's 37 SiO2 Auto Wash.
    2. Use McKee's 37 Hydro Blue after every other wash (or every wash if you'd like) to amp up the performance of the coating.

It's that simple. All of these products can be found on Autogeek.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: McKee's 37 MK37-200 Paint Coating vs regular coating

Thanks for the reply.

It defiantly looks interesting. I wonder how it will hold up against our winters with salt and other junk sprayed on the roads. I currently have Gyeon pure that I applied in the spring time and the sides of the doors unfortunately are starting to fail due to these chemicals on the road, I wonder if this would hold up better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McKees37 View Post
    Hello.

Last year we re-introduced our Paint Coating (MK37-260) with an entirely new formula which provides up to 3 years of longevity.

The longevity of a Paint Coating is dependent upon the following:

1. How you prep the vehicle BEFORE applying the coating.
    2. How you maintain the vehicle AFTER applying the coating.

Most manufacturers have an exact process that needs to be followed in order to achieve the best results using their Paint Coating. Ours is no different.

Prep before applying the coating:

1. Wash car using McKee's 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash. This helps remove old waxes, sealants, and dirt build up.
    2. Chemically decontaminate using McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover. This removes embedded iron particles, rail dust, etc.
    3. Mechanically decontaminate using McKee's 37 Universal Detailing Clay. This removes above-surface bonded contaminants.
    4. Polish paint using McKee's 37 Coating Prep Polish. This step deep cleans the paint while removing silicone oils, stubborn fillers, etc. If your vehicle has swirls and scratches, then you would use a swirl remover/compound in place of the Coating Prep Polish, then follow with McKee's 37 N-914 diluted 1 part concentrate to 8 parts water to remove the polishing oils that would otherwise prevent the coating from adhering.

Maintenance after applying the coating:

1. Regularly wash the vehicle using McKee's 37 SiO2 Auto Wash.
    2. Use McKee's 37 Hydro Blue after every other wash (or every wash if you'd like) to amp up the performance of the coating.

It's that simple. All of these products can be found on Autogeek.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply.

It defiantly looks interesting. I wonder how it will hold up against our winters with salt and other junk sprayed on the roads. I currently have Gyeon pure that I applied in the spring time and the sides of the doors unfortunately are starting to fail due to these chemicals on the road, I wonder if this would hold up better.

Thanks
    If you want to try to revive the coating where you start to see it fails. Test Gyeon Tar after a thorough wash. You can also get Carpro Reset car soap. Which has a little better cleaning ability than Gyeon Bathe.

How is your wash method now and what products do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

I washed my car thoroughly this past sunday.

rinse car
    CarPro Trix
    rinse car
    CarPro Reset
    rinse (noticed it was failing on the bottom side doors and rear hatch)
    carpro Reset again (on doors)
    rinse
    rinse (did not make much of an improvement)
    de-greaser (so at this point I figured its failed so I tried some degreaser just to see if there is salt and other crap Carpro Reload could not remove)
    Rinse
    CarPro Reset

Then I just gave up and while drying the car I was heavy on the carpro reload.

I have Gyeon bath+ however I find that it leaves white residue if I dont rinse it off right away & I know it would of made the coating look like it was back but its only because of the soap not the actual coating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you want to try to revive the coating where you start to see it fails. Test Gyeon Tar after a thorough wash. You can also get Carpro Reset car soap. Which has a little better cleaning ability than Gyeon Bathe.

How is your wash method now and what products do you use?

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I washed my car thoroughly this past sunday.

rinse car
    CarPro Trix
    rinse car
    CarPro Reset
    rinse (noticed it was failing on the bottom side doors and rear hatch)
    rinse
    rinse (did not make much of an improvement)
    de-greaser (so at this point I figured its failed so I tried some degreaser just to see if there is salt and other crap Carpro Reload could not remove)
    Rinse
    CarPro Reset

Then I just gave up and while drying the car I was heavy on the carpro reload.

I have Gyeon bath+ however I find that it leaves white residue if I dont rinse it off right away & I know it would of made the coating look like it was back but its only because of the soap not the actual coating.

Thanks
    Sorry man you have the wash and decon covered LOL. Just see many that claims their coating to have failed. But it's often is still there under all that crap. You did what you could to revive it though.

Was it this spring you applyied Pure?

Post Thanks / Like

yes and I think I did CarPro Trix again in that big list lol.

Yes I applied it in the spring time, I wash it probably every week or two was applying carPro reload regularly also. But i do daily the car & its parked outside. I'm not sure when but I cant seem to get a coating that will last properly through our winter months. Or maybe I'm not applying it correctly.

I did use Geyon Prime for a light polish & also used the IPA from Geyon and applied Pure. Let it cure as it did not rain for a few days after application.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Sorry man you have the wash and decon covered LOL. Just see many that claims their coating to have failed. But it's often is still there under all that crap. You did what you could to revive it though.

Was it this spring you applyied Pure?

9. Likes SWETM liked this post