autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not your average coating recommendation

I'd second the recommendation from Guz, Gloss Coat would probably be fine as its so easy to apply but as he said its not really a step up in terms of durability, CSL or CSL + EXO is a good choice for 1) easy to apply 2) should be about as durable as you can get without the commitment of having to go "pro" and not have the added pressure to maintain an account/partnership with a specific manufacturer....unless your business can support it of course.

Post Thanks / Like

No I have not and I've been doing them in a new environment this last month than I'm used to and still no issues. I actually flew to Guam (high heat and high humidity and have still had no issues with it. I'm of course used to the high temps and no humidity situation with lots of dust.

Here's a look at the conditions I've been in this month, a few have had cover but the really only problem is that I have to swap pads more often as they saturate much faster now
    Quote Originally Posted by ifadey View Post
    @Cruzcarwash Since you apply the coating outdoor, did you ever faced any issue related to dirt getting into applied coating? I am a wax/sealant guy but I stayed away from coatings only because I don't have a garage.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    Since you seem to have a accepted plan now - I would change ideals.... IF a customer wants a higher end product - you need to explain the issue with doing it in the open - and force them to:
    1) Come to you in your enclosed environment of choice (I assume you have a garage or shop available to do indoor applications)
    2) Have them provide a garage or enclosed space

If you have customers that will see the added value - I assume they would understand the constraints here - also they most likely have more money - and are likely to have a garage you may be able to use.

I'm actually surprised any coating works well in those conditions - but luckily you've found one - stick to it since it works....
    This is definitely a good option. I'm friends with a local who did about 75% of his coatings in the customers garage.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually looking at even getting/making a mobile IR light set up. I'm gonna make it happen this year
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    This is definitely a good option. I'm friends with a local who did about 75% of his coatings in the customers garage.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12