autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Cosmic V2 Application question

So I put applied the Polish Angel Cosmic V2 with the Invincible Primer Polish. I ran out of time and only put on one coat of Cosmic. The car is garaged, my question is can I apply a second coat after the 24 hrs? I have both the Cosmic Spritz and Primer Spritz as well. I was thinking to do a wipe with the primer spritz before I apply the second coat. Any feedback will be welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Cosmic V2 Application question

I have not find that it is a time frame when apply the Cosmic v2. So I would apply the second coat of Cosmic v2 without the primer spritz. If you have enough of Cosmic v2 product you can apply up to 4 layers to get the max durability from it. And put the extra layer on the parts where you see other LSP has diminished first. If you don't have to coverage a whole layer. And the use of Cosmic Spritz reduce the cure time from letting it be wet. From 24h to 12h after the Cosmic v2 application.

Post Thanks / Like

4 layers...ain't nobody got time fo dat. Well maybe OP does haha.

4. Likes custmsprty, rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by showbbq View Post
    4 layers...ain't nobody got time fo dat. Well maybe OP does haha.
    After you apply Cosmic v2 on the paint you let it sit for 30 minutes. Then wipe it off and wait 2 hours for the next layer. 2-4 layers is recommended and with 4 layers you reach maximum coating thickness. So it's much of the expectations you have. If you are going to have it on the car 12-18 months then 2 layers is fine. And if you want the max longevity of up to 24 months 4 layers is recommended. Above 4 layers it don't build up in thickness. Some have the time and some don't. But if you don't have the time I would look at a single layer coating. The benefit with Cosmic v2 is that you can apply it with a DA polisher and a soft finishing pad or wax pad.

6. Likes showbbq, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was kidding but this is helpful info since I haven't used v2 before. I'm a fan of PA topper products at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    After you apply Cosmic v2 on the paint you let it sit for 30 minutes. Then wipe it off and wait 2 hours for the next layer. 2-4 layers is recommended and with 4 layers you reach maximum coating thickness. So it's much of the expectations you have. If you are going to have it on the car 12-18 months then 2 layers is fine. And if you want the max longevity of up to 24 months 4 layers is recommended. Above 4 layers it don't build up in thickness. Some have the time and some don't. But if you don't have the time I would look at a single layer coating. The benefit with Cosmic v2 is that you can apply it with a DA polisher and a soft finishing pad or wax pad.
    how long can you go before its to late to do another layer? I wanted to do 3 but Its to much work. I got 2 layers done and the cosmic spritz and im ready to drop