autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn NZ, what I’ve been up to . . .

Hey folks,

Another year is quickly drawing to an end & although I have every good intention of being as active here as I once was, it just seems I seldom find the time. Last time I updated ya’ll on what’s been going on down here in New Zealand for us & our little shop at the top of the South Island I had just turned Forty years of age. (July) Well, I am still Forty now! Almost an adult! Gulp!

Again like my other ‘update’ posts I will put some random pictures from the shop here & there for entertainment value & or for those who don’t want to read.

2018 Bentley Flying Spur.

I quickly posted on the end of my last update thread that a few of us detailers here in New Zealand came together for a NZ Detailing Conference.

This inaugural event was a fantastic get together of some super talented detailers from all around the Country & discuss the industry here in NZ. It was a huge success & future events are already in the planning stages with educational ‘hands on’ training being a possible feature.

1974 HQ Holden Kingswood.

So, the shop has continued to grow on a reputation level & the flow on from that is a very very steady list of bookings. For the most part I work alone & Ange frequently comes in & lends a hand between her own proper job & being a three year old wrangler!

A sweet little ‘27 Model T.

Actually, Ange has been spending enough time at the shop to be extremely capable of most aspects of detailing tasks. Even clocking up a few hours with a Flex 3401 in hand & knocking out a few AIOs on her own too. Speaking of Flex Tools, we were the first people to purchase the Cordless Flex XFE in New Zealand & within seconds of having a turn with ‘my’ one Ange found it so comfortable that she immediately ordered one for herself.

2017 Ford Mustang.

It doesn’t get too much cooler than working side by side with my awesome Wife & knocking out a car together. I mean, it’s pretty sweet she even stuck around once my
    ‘Detailing Disease’ was revealed let alone back my dream of owning our own shop & now she is very much a detailer herself.

SRT Jeep.

SR Ford Focus.

Ford Ranger.

Having attended Detail Fest back in March & having an absolute ball, & now with the amalgamation with Barrett Jackson, I want to return & do it all again. Unlikely this will be for a few years yet but definitely something I want to do again. SEMA took my fancy more so this year than previously too. Perhaps it was because of a couple of good industry friends from NZ were there but it’s certainly on the list of ‘go to’ places to attend. Of course there’s that desire to come back & be a part of Mikes ‘Boot Camp’ class again, pretty hard to beat a Mike Phillips class for value!

‘71 Pampas Yellow VW Bug . . . Original paint & taken care of by myself for many years now.

The future for our shop at this stage - Status Quo! It’s working well, it’s running profitably, even with it almost being a sole operator style business. I’m enjoying it so much more than having staff to deal with & we are extremely happy with the bookings in the diary. On the retail front in terms of our product sales we are changing things around a bit with Gyeon no longer having a footprint in New Zealand we are ramping up stock & sales of CarPro products which is exciting. I have a strong fan base of CarPro users & it’s a brand that ‘fits’ well at Details.

‘94 BMW M3 Cabriolet.

Well, I guess that’s about all the information I have to catch you all up on what’s been happening down here in little ol’ New Zealand for us & our shop. As always, thank you all for checking in & finding out what’s up or at least . . . Looking at the pictures. Until next time - I’ll leave you with a handful on random pictures . . .

2018 Ford Mustang.

Toyota Chaser.

2013 Range Rover Sport.

Audi A5 Cabriolet.

2012 Ford Mustang.

And finally, a quick couple of the shop Bug! Our sweet ‘63 VW Bug!

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Thanks SWETM, JKDesign, Diner, VISITOR, RTexasF and 1 others thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aaryn NZ, what I’ve been up to . . .

Absolutely beautiful work and photo's, Aaryn! Looks like you're rockin' it out in NZ. LOVE the shop too. Clean and well layed out with lots of room.

4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it brother! Love seeing your progress on Facebook. Very happy to hear that things are going well and staying busy.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

6. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Hi Aaryn,

Nice collection of cars to detail and maintain. Also very nice photography work.

Your shop looks clean enough you could eat off the floor!

I like this car, resembles a classic American Muscle Car with a nice stance too...

And the paint looks absolutely flawless!

8. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi Aaryn,

Nice collection of cars to detail and maintain. Also very nice photography work.

Your shop looks clean enough you could eat off the floor!

I like this car, resembles a classic American Muscle Car with a nice stance too...

And the paint looks absolutely flawless!

Yes, beautiful...so close to the "Last of the V8 Interceptors" That Mad Max drove.

Eric

10. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark my word Aaryn. I will be down there in the not too distant future. Keep up the great work my friend.

12. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!

Loving the shop

Even more loving the shop Bug!!

14. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very, very cool as always Aaryn!!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AAryn, great post, great thread. Really glad to hear your bookings are solid, and getting to play with some cool Mustangs, err... I mean cars and SUV's. Wishing you all the best my friend!

18. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the odd cars, like that Holden, its a mash up of several GM cars, put into a blender and BAM! I mean I see some of everything in there, LOL!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

20. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast