autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did this thread get pulled....,?

Quote Originally Posted by OCD-tailing View Post
    He did say the refund had been processed by Square but he had not seen it on his CC account yet but he did expect it to go through. I used a microfiber cutting pad and Menzerna 400 and it worked. I spoke to another installer of said coating in this area and he said it shouldn't be a huge problem until it is fully cured at 14 days. He did mention that he gets other business from this shop to repair similar issues. He has voiced his frustration to the coating company feeling that his brand is being diluted/compromised but nothing has been done yet.
    Glad to hear that you are able to sort it out for the customer and the OP to the other thread. I can only imagine the frustration he has over all this. It's not easy to know what to expect from a job he had recieved. And then the amount of money he payed for the work. It's awesome that he got helped through this mess. Cause the quality of the work done on his car was not near the listed work he paid for. And up on that they got a second chance to do it right. The work was still not what he was paying for or was said to be done. Hope he won't get any hassle to get his refund. And you show him how a pro detailer does.

Post Thanks / Like

OCD-tailing - You have no idea on the job you have cut out for you. Make us all proud at Autogeek and show the OP who a true ambassador to auto detailing is all about.

3. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was following it right up to the point of the pissing match which is why I think it was pulled,,in my humble opinion anyway.
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to add my .02, and thank everyone who gave that gentleman basically the same advice and sound guidance through his ordeal.
    Just being here not for business but for the love of keeping my vehicles as pristine as allowable, and to see a whole community of well experience people take time to help him out gives me hope for my (as well as my daughters') generation (I'm sure some of you who replied on that thread a waaay younger than I ).

Eric
    Last edited by ejaf; 11-21-2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: full name

6. Likes MikeC78, LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did this thread get pulled....,?

I was the starter of that thread and I can tell you there was no “other side to the story.” I took my vehicle to two different places and both places were flabbergasted at the work that was done on my vehicle, and how poorly the work was. There was tons of dust underneath the coating and absolutely zero paint correction was done.

Needless to say I did get a full refund. On top of that, one of the detailers I visited sent me a message asking me if I’d ever gotten my refund. He sent me a screenshot of a message someone sent him asking him if they might be able to fix his vehicle as the place that same place where mine was done had done a terrible job and there was tons of swirl marks and dust under the coating. The detailer wanted to know if i was able to get a refund as the message also said he wanted a refund but wasn’t sure how to approach it. I told him to threaten to go over there and also post pictures of his work. Once I did that I got a full refund and an apology.

Finally, I have my vehicle with a forum member here now (OCD-tailing). I’ve already seen some photos of his work on mine (I was blown away) and I will post them when the vehicle is ready as the previous shops work is being corrected and I’m getting done to the vehicle what I originally wanted.

It’s been quite a mess going through all that but I’m eternally grateful for all of the advice I got in here and it led me to the place I should have taken my vehicle to in the first place.

8. Likes PaulMys, MikeC78, mc2hill, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    I was the starter of that thread and I can tell you there was no “other side to the story.” I took my vehicle to two different places and both places were flabbergasted at the work that was done on my vehicle, and how poorly the work was. There was tons of dust underneath the coating and absolutely zero paint correction was done.

Needless to say I did get a full refund. On top of that, one of the detailers I visited sent me a message asking me if I’d ever gotten my refund. He sent me a screenshot of a message someone sent him asking him if they might be able to fix his vehicle as the place that same place where mine was done had done a terrible job and there was tons of swirl marks and dust under the coating. The detailer wanted to know if i was able to get a refund as the message also said he wanted a refund but wasn’t sure how to approach it. I told him to threaten to go over there and also post pictures of his work. Once I did that I got a full refund and an apology.

Finally, I have my vehicle with a forum member here now (OCD-tailing). I’ve already seen some photos of his work on mine (I was blown away) and I will post them when the vehicle is ready as the previous shops work is being corrected and I’m getting done to the vehicle what I originally wanted.

It’s been quite a mess going through all that but I’m eternally grateful for all of the advice I got in here and it led me to the place I should have taken my vehicle to in the first place.
    Very good to read this. After all the BS that happened in the original thread, it is nice to see that you are getting this right.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes dlc95, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good deal. I’ glad to hear you got straightened out and have someone that actually knows what they are doing to take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve read through a lot of posts here and I think I need to be clear on what was discussed originally with the detailer. While my vehicle was by no means perfect, it wasn’t in a condition that couldn’t have been corrected had the shop done the work correctly in the first place. My biggest issue was that he did not do the work he said he was going to do.

I let him fully inspect my vehicle and his exact words were “This is a piece of cake. It’s just some light clear coat marring and we will take care of it.” I purchased his most expensive package, at a price that he set upon looking at my vehicle, and the condition of the paint (which he inspected and said he could make it look like it just rolled off the showroom floor). I specifically asked him if he could get some of the swirl marks removed and he said absolutely as there were little to no deep scratches in the paint. He was supposed to keep me informed of the entire process (which he never did) clean the interior top to bottom (didn’t do) clean under the hood (didn’t do).

I’m not a difficult person and don’t expect miracles. But I will not accept some slick talking moron try and tell me that its ok that my vehicle came home covered in dust as they didn’t get a chance to properly clean it before my wife took it. “We do upholstery in here and it gets super dusty. We just didn’t get a chance to get you cleaned up before you left.” Really? You had my car for two weeks and told me the date and time to come and get it.

I also gave him an opportunity to fix it, which I can most assuredly tell you he did not. I think he rinsed it off and then sprayed a coating on top of it. My vehicle looked 10 times worse than when I originally took it over to him.

For those of you who think its unfair that he got drug through the mud here, I don’t feel sorry for him and I’d post it again in a heartbeat. He refunded my money after I told him I was going to come back over there and show him my vehicle and how bad it looked. His words were “Please don’t do that, I have customers here all the time and don’t want them seeing that.” He apologized for the shoddy work and said that it was “rushed” as they were extremely busy with a lot of new cars they had to get cleaned up. I didn’t accept his apology but told him I’d accept his refund.

And I never told him I’d have the thread removed if he gave me a refund. I didn’t ever know it was removed until a couple of members sent me a message asking me what happened to it.

13. Thanks WristyManchego thanked for this post
    Likes wing commander, SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the unfortunate reality is there are a lot of hack detail shops out there, it's kind of shocking to know that some of them are charging $1700 instead of the $199 special. This kind of reminds me of the dealer prep threads that we used to have a lot of, where the dealer was honestly doing his best (with his hack detailer), but really had no understanding of what was required to get a result, or that it was even possible to get that result ("all black cars look like that").

Anyway sorry you had to go through this but at least you got your refund and it seems like you should be all squared away now with the member that's helping you.

15. Likes Donnation liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve read through a lot of posts here and I think I need to be clear on what was discussed originally with the detailer. While my vehicle was by no means perfect, it wasn’t in a condition that couldn’t have been corrected had the shop done the work correctly in the first place. My biggest issue was that he did not do the work he said he was going to do.

I let him fully inspect my vehicle and his exact words were “This is a piece of cake. It’s just some light clear coat marring and we will take care of it.” I purchased his most expensive package, at a price that he set upon looking at my vehicle, and the condition of the paint (which he inspected and said he could make it look like it just rolled off the showroom floor). I specifically asked him if he could get some of the swirl marks removed and he said absolutely as there were little to no deep scratches in the paint. He was supposed to keep me informed of the entire process (which he never did) clean the interior top to bottom (didn’t do) clean under the hood (didn’t do).

I’m not a difficult person and don’t expect miracles. But I will not accept some slick talking moron try and tell me that its ok that my vehicle came home covered in dust as they didn’t get a chance to properly clean it before my wife took it. “We do upholstery in here and it gets super dusty. We just didn’t get a chance to get you cleaned up before you left.” Really? You had my car for two weeks and told me the date and time to come and get it.

I also gave him an opportunity to fix it, which I can most assuredly tell you he did not. I think he rinsed it off and then sprayed a coating on top of it. My vehicle looked 10 times worse than when I originally took it over to him.

For those of you who think its unfair that he got drug through the mud here, I don’t feel sorry for him and I’d post it again in a heartbeat. He refunded my money after I told him I was going to come back over there and show him my vehicle and how bad it looked. His words were “Please don’t do that, I have customers here all the time and don’t want them seeing that.” He apologized for the shoddy work and said that it was “rushed” as they were extremely busy with a lot of new cars they had to get cleaned up. I didn’t accept his apology but told him I’d accept his refund.

And I never told him I’d have the thread removed if he gave me a refund. I didn’t ever know it was removed until a couple of members sent me a message asking me what happened to it.
    I'm very sorry this happened to you. As others have said, like any business, there are those that excel, those that normally excel but have a few bumps in the road, and others that get by and shouldn't. With that said, I have a few questions:

1.) What can Palm Beach Motoring Group and members of their sponsored Autogeek On Line Forum do for you? We've all given good advice. If you recall I'm the member who connected you to OCD-Tailing. I hope that connection worked out and you were well taken care of.

2.) Aside from the great advice given from this forum, how else can we help? What technical or product questions can we answer to help with future detailing events? We're always here to help, 24x365!

3.) How can we help steer you to purchasing the correct products for you to get going on your own and start detailing. Be careful, it's addictive!!!

If you want to see the types of work members of this forum do, yonder over to the Show-n-Shine sub-topic. Here is my latest contribution posted while you were going through your issues: LSN Autodetail - 2011 Audi TT - LSN Swan Song? Lots of Pics

We photo journal every detail, do extensive write-up's and even send pic's during the event to our customers. Our dear customer (owner of the TT) replied with "Holy $*** balls!!" when I sent her the 50/50 shot on her TT fender. She wanted to sell the car and got $3000 more over the original offer she received after the detail. And I helped her through her negotiation process.

For those of you who think its unfair that he got drug through the mud here, I don’t feel sorry for him and I’d post it again in a heartbeat.
    Ok, back to you and this post. First off, please review the forum rules: Forum Rules

Please see Rule #1 and Rule #4

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.
    4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner.
    This is not the place to drag anyone through mud, and if you do, you will become "Self Banned." I will personally send a message to Meghan and Mike Phillips, both who have more to do with their time than screen the forum. They have a company to manage, great end of years specials and adverts to put together, classes to teach, tv shows to produce and countless customers of this forum to assist and help.

AGO is here to discuss techniques, products, gain knowledge, share knowledge, become a community, and help each other grow. It's not a dumping ground for bad experiences with detailers. We're here to help. If you lived closer to me, I would absolutely help you... Because that's what AGO members do... Your original post wasn't bad, it was a sanity check to see if what you received was on the radar to typical support. The first few replies pointed you on the right path to a clear answer, no this was not on the radar for typical service, and connected you with a local detailer on this forum. A name of the company should never have been submitted. That violated rule #4.

I'm not a moderator, nor the AGO Police, but I want a place I can come to, as a break from the all the bad news and stress of the day to immerse myself in an area I enjoy, and to those "regulars" and new members that keep this forum running. It's our hangout.

We've read the original thread to which got pulled, please DO NOT post the companies name to which you've received bad service.

Now I go back to my original questions, how can I help you? How can I help get you on the right path to take up detailing your own vehicles, and point you in the direction of product and technique? Mike Phillips has students that are 8 years old to 88 years old. In Mike's words, if they can pick up a DA and get results, we all can.

How can I help?

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast