autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did this thread get pulled....,?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    A few photos showing a few children holding rags and spraying a substance from a spray gun, doesn't mean much. Hopefully the shop owner has before and after pics to help his case.
    Objection, Your Honor. Those photos were of my client's highly-trained staff applying a state-of-the-art paint coating, as they have done to countless of other high-value vehicles. Notice the use of high-tech synthetic wiping cloths, not "rags" like a lesser shop would use. And note the PPE that the staff is wearing to protect them from the very advanced paint coating which requires special training and equipment to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Objection, Your Honor. Those photos were of my client's highly-trained staff applying a state-of-the-art paint coating, as they have done to countless of other high-value vehicles. Notice the use of high-tech synthetic wiping cloths, not "rags" like a lesser shop would use. And note the PPE that the staff is wearing to protect them from the very advanced paint coating which requires special training and equipment to use.
    Good counter! This is entertaining to say the least...

Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to agree to disagree. The customer received a polish and a coating, I didn't see anything on the shop website promising that after the service you could take a cell phone video with a flashlight in a dark garage and some guys on AGO would approve it.
    There was a list which detailed the service OP was purchasing, 70% of that list wasn’t completed. The part that was completed in the most part (as claimed by the shop), the exterior, wasn’t close to satisfactory.

OP isn’t a detailer but is aware of what can be achieved and what the expectations are for a $1700 detail.

That said, OP never showed before pictures of the vehicle and a closeup shot of the badge area (still trashed due to not being removed) led me to think that perhaps the car was an absolute mess when it arrived in the shop. So there is a possibility they spent most of their time on the exterior.

Still the service should be completed for the price or discussed otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

To which the plaintiff asks for proof of said claims.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have missed some of the last posts, but didn't the shop promise a refund? If so, I'll be the "devil's advocate" here.

The shop contracted to do specific a block of work, but got caught cutting corners. The owner apologied profusely and offered to redo the complete job. It was done promptly with photos sent to the customer to show the progress of the work. The customer was still not satisfied with the quality of the work, so the shop owner offered a refund with very little pushback.

In summary, the shop owner tried to make everything right and couldn't, so he offered a full refund. In the process he took a financial bath. Is it right to "tar and feather" him in a public forum? Shouldn't he be afforded the courtesy to make things right before ruining him and his business?

Your Honor, I move that the case be dismissed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMDX View Post
    I may have missed some of the last posts, but didn't the shop promise a refund? If so, I'll be the "devil's advocate" here.

The shop contracted to do specific a block of work, but got caught cutting corners. The owner apologied profusely and offered to redo the complete job. It was done promptly with photos sent to the customer to show the progress of the work. The customer was still not satisfied with the quality of the work, so the shop owner offered a refund with very little pushback.

In summary, the shop owner tried to make everything right and couldn't, so he offered a full refund. In the process he took a financial bath. Is it right to "tar and feather" him in a public forum? Shouldn't he be afforded the courtesy to make things right before ruining him and his business?

Good point and fair enough.

7. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great point!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD-tailing View Post
    I've been following this thread, along with many others, and it seems to have disappeared.
    So trying to pull this back on-topic--did the OP of that other thread contact you to look at the vehicle?

10. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So trying to pull this back on-topic--did the OP of that other thread contact you to look at the vehicle?

I asked him the same thing. But he never replied. Then he started talking about another shop that was going to charge him $3,800 to redo it. So I gave up on the dude. If he already had it worked out with someone on here to take care of him. Why go looking somewhere else and get changed double than you did before?

12. Likes LSNAutoDetailing, BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer the OP of this thread, why did it get pulled may have to do with several of the following line items in forum rules getting bent... Forum Rules

Is it right to "tar and feather" him in a public forum?
    It is not a public forum:

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.
    4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner.
    7. If any thread gets off topic it will be at the discretion of the moderator to close and/or move it to moderators corner.
    10. Moderators have the right to move any thread that does not follow within the AGO rules to moderators corner
    15. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.
    There are a lot of new folks on the forum, so might be worth while checking the forum rules, then some of these discussions may make sense.

14. Likes custmsprty liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast