autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did this thread get pulled....,?

So a shop can ask for a customers experience thread to be pulled because they were named for their subpar work and it'll actually get pulled? I really hope not, threads like that keep shops honest.

I think perhaps the customer asked for it to be deleted, maybe as part of a deal with the shop to get a refund.

2. Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    So a shop can ask for a customers experience thread to be pulled because they were named for their subpar work and it'll actually get pulled? I really hope not, threads like that keep shops honest. I think perhaps the customer asked for it to be deleted, maybe as part of a deal with the shop to get a refund.
    I think you underestimate the liability concerns that Calendyr mentioned. AG/PBMG really has no reason to expose themselves to a lawsuit, they are in the business of selling detailing products, they're not Yelp, they have no "duty" to keep shops honest.

From the shop's perspective, they went over and above, did the work twice, they are the authority, the customer was some uninformed loony who took some information from the internet and applied it incorrectly to the situation.

4. Likes AZpolisher15, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad thing is today’s world businesses are paying people to remove bad social media reviews or to post favorable ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing about this, is here in the 'Geek court, the shop is guilty of malpractice. But out in the real world, with the CC company or in small claims court, here's a company that's been in business for decades, huge impressive client list, has pictures of 3 people working on the car...the complainant has a cell-phone video with a flashlight in a dark garage and some people on an online forum...who do you think is going to prevail?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    The funny thing about this, is here in the 'Geek court, the shop is guilty of malpractice. But out in the real world, with the CC company or in small claims court, here's a company that's been in business for decades, huge impressive client list, has pictures of 3 people working on the car...the complainant has a cell-phone video with a flashlight in a dark garage and some people on an online forum...who do you think is going to prevail?
    The customer who received an email saying he was to receive a refund.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    The customer who received an email saying he was to receive a refund.
    As I recall, there was some pullback on that, but we can't go to the videotape.

PS FWIW, with the client list that shop had, I'm pretty sure they have a lawyer on retainer...it can sometimes be surprising how much action can happen from one lawyer letter, such as the OP asking his thread be removed, even if, or perhaps because, he got a refund.

9. Likes MikeC78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the OP has the videotape. lol It's in the email he received. Well, thats what he copied and pasted here anyway. If he has the email saying he was gonna get a refund, the shop doesn't really have a leg to stand on in court.

But yes, I agree with the rest. I wouldn't refund the money until the thread was pulled. The power of social media can wreck a small business.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you underestimate the liability concerns that Calendyr mentioned. AG/PBMG really has no reason to expose themselves to a lawsuit, they are in the business of selling detailing products, they're not Yelp, they have no "duty" to keep shops honest.

From the shop's perspective, they went over and above, did the work twice, they are the authority, the customer was some uninformed loony who took some information from the internet and applied it incorrectly to the situation.
    I wouldn't go as far to say that the shop is the "authority". Actually, it's quite the reverse in most cases. The customer has more authority than you believe and has a strong case for not receiving what was promised.

12. Likes Rmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    I wouldn't go as far to say that the shop is the "authority". Actually, it's quite the reverse in most cases. The customer has more authority than you believe and has a strong case for not receiving what was promised.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. The customer received a polish and a coating, I didn't see anything on the shop website promising that after the service you could take a cell phone video with a flashlight in a dark garage and some guys on AGO would approve it.

14. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to agree to disagree. The customer received a polish and a coating, I didn't see anything on the shop website promising that after the service you could take a cell phone video with a flashlight in a dark garage and some guys on AGO would approve it.
    From my understanding, he didn't receive a lot of what was described. E.G: Engine detail, interior detail, and was not supplied with paint readings as described either. However, I'm not sure we're getting the full story as well, just going off what I see. Anyway, not my circus to worry about!

Furthermore, we don't even know if the OP received a polish or a coating? How does he know? Did he receive a guarantee with paperwork? A few photos showing a few children holding rags and spraying a substance from a spray gun, doesn't mean much. Hopefully the shop owner has before and after pics to help his case.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast