autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best rinseless wash for winter?

I use McKee's 37 in an IK Foamer 1 to 6 ratio. Foams just perfectly fine on the paint. I foam the panel down, and then on a rinseless wash towel that's already wet, I'll spray foam onto that as well. One of the best ways to do a rinseless wash I've found so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’ve been going away from rinseless as i feel Blammo Mrothe (can i say real name?) is a superior waterless/rinseless process.

I use a rinseless (griots brilliant shine lately) for pretreat and then foam and wipe panel at a time. Feels way more lubricious than anything out their.

Use Blammo Frydrate er TW ceramic wetwax to dry.

I’m surprised nobodies copied with their own foaming waterless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

2. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I use McKee's 37 in an IK Foamer 1 to 6 ratio. Foams just perfectly fine on the paint. I foam the panel down, and then on a rinseless wash towel that's already wet, I'll spray foam onto that as well. One of the best ways to do a rinseless wash I've found so far.
    I’ve tried that but to me, still no comparison to Frothe

Post Thanks / Like

No don't get me wrong, Frothe is a very foaming product. But for me doing rinseless washes, the foam is great. Stronger dilution of product so it does a better job lifting dirt and contaminants off the paint, and then the foam itself provides lubrication. Frothe of course is basically meant to be used as a waterless wash. Of course if you have a good protection agent on the paint, then no matter what method you use it should do a good job.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

I've ONLY used Frothe as a WW, can't imagine using it as a RWbest rinseless wash for winter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've ONLY used Frothe as a WW, can't imagine using it as a RWbest rinseless wash for winter?
    Using WillSport’s method, I think you pick an actual RW solution for the bucket, then only use Frothe as a pre-spray foam, and then squirt a little more foam on the RW towel. I feel using Frothe in any type of way as part of the RW solution (in the bucket) would be a waste, unless I’m not realizing something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Using WillSport’s method, I think you pick an actual RW solution for the bucket, then only use Frothe as a pre-spray foam, and then squirt a little more foam on the RW towel. I feel using Frothe in any type of way as part of the RW solution (in the bucket) would be a waste, unless I’m not realizing something.
    That would be VERY safe, might try this come cold weather especially. Do I pull a soaking mf out of the bucket and wring out like usual?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That would be VERY safe, might try this come cold weather especially. Do I pull a soaking mf out of the bucket and wring out like usual?
    It’s WillSport’s philosophy so I’m not going to steal it, but as I imagine it you would pull the soaking wet MF out of the RW straight out the bucket, foam the towel, then wipe the pre-foamed surface. Sounds as safe as one could possibly be. And even though it sounds like a process, I think we all originally thought RW was a process but it’s like muscle memory after your first few. I’ll probably be trying this out this winter.

In the winter time I don’t wring the RW towel out... I just slap that thing on the paint and let my garage floor get soaked. Luckily my garage doesn’t seem to get cold enough to have it freeze to ice. It always evaporated at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i presoak panel. I use foamer on dryest tip because panel already wet. I feel the foam and wipe off is slick enough but shoot. To much is always a good thing.

Might incorporate a rinseless into it.

Post Thanks / Like

This has taken an interesting turn, thanks guys. Now that my ride is outside 24/7 I'll be back to RW/WW exclusively once the water is turned off outside. It's been a while since I've been in this position, 7 yrs but thankfully ive got options nowbest rinseless wash for winter?best rinseless wash for winter?

11. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Being I have some ONR left and two bottles of GG RW I decided to play around with both.

ONR is more viscous than GG RW. GG RW flashes faster, so it streaks less as a QD. I found both to clean about the same. The main difference from what I could tell is the lubricity is higher with GG RW and it leaves less behind. ONR (new formula) feels more grabby and leaves some streaking behind, which easily comes off but it is a tad more difficult to work with.

What I would like to know is which leaves less scratches behind? I've read how some like ONR due to the zwitteronic properties, but don't they all have that or is ONR unique in its formulation?

I'd like to see a good scratch test between these products.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast