autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best rinseless wash for winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Paul, you know I wouldn't steer you wrongbest rinseless wash for winter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I know it, Rog!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ima go with Ech20 and n-914 over Uber. Was not impressed. Didn’t even get through the 16 0z bottle before I ordered gallons of the other two. Rinseless with n914 and dry aid with Merlin’s mix... money!

Ammo frothe probably one of the best detailing products out their. Try with IK 1.5. Make sure to use the dry tip. Medium used 2 much product. Just wish he’d have more free shipping offers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah ima go with Ech20 and n-914 over Uber. Was not impressed. Didn’t even get through the 16 0z bottle before I ordered gallons of the other two. Rinseless with n914 and dry aid with Merlin’s mix... money!

Ammo frothe probably one of the best detailing products out their. Try with IK 1.5. Make sure to use the dry tip. Medium used 2 much product. Just wish he’d have more free shipping offers...

The green tip, LOL, it comes out too light and fluffy. While it's TRUE how much more is used with the orange and gray I'd just use his airator or maybe the IK 1.5.

Surprised you didn't like WGU RW, it's a very good product!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE try Ech2o...trust me
    I have a 32oz bottle of this stuff that I have tried using a bunch of times, and it just doesn't really ever do it for me, unfortunately.

Compared to wolfgang uber it just feels like such a chore to get the stuff to dry/flash off the paint. It also seems to streak on my glass no matter how many towels I use in the process of wiping them dry.

I do like the way it makes the car look, though. Which is why I've kept trying to like it. I might send it off to someone here soon, though. 2019 is the year I use up all the redundant crap I've accumulated recently. Ain't got no time to be messin with products that don't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, lol.

My choice for rinseless would probably just be ONR or wolfgang uber. I think wolfgang uber smells gross, but if I had to just pick one product for QD/rinseless/waterless it would be that one. I have a bottle of griots rinseless wash and wax I plan on trying out, so once i mess with that I may change my mind. As my products thin down i'd also like to try griots brilliant shine RW, cause it's like freaking 12 bucks, and that would be great if it's a good product.

Edit: Ultima waterless wash + deserves an honorable mention for how good it smells. Works well too, just not a fan of how it makes my LSP act funky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryanviper View Post
    hey guys,

Winter is here and I usually go to the coin wash where I just spray down my car get most of the dirt/snow/slush off and away I go. It does not leave my paint perfect even with Ceramic Coating on it but its decent.

So this winter I was thinking of trying a Rinse less wash. My car is parked outside (no garage) so I would be washing my car outside in below freezing temps.

Any suggestions for this to minimize scratching? Also guessing I should defiantly do the 2 bucket system & warm water.

Thanks

I'm not sure where you live, without a garage a trick I used was doing a waterless wash in a retail garage.

I would do a touchless drive through wash. Then drive to businseses that had enclosed warmer garages, like a mall, movie theater, home depot etc etc.

I would park in an isolated further spot. I'd make a solution in a couple of gallon jugs with my waterless wash, pour into a sprayer, spray a panel, wipe off, butf dry with another cloth.

If the car is cold to the touch or has frozen ice on it, I would park, go inside get a coffee walk, come back out once warmer lol. This prevents hazing and streaking.

I'd collect the dirty towels in a plastic bag or a small bucket. I keep all the clean MF towels on a seat and leave jugs in my trunk. I dont make it into a big production and have never had an issues with security either.

Sometimes I'd drop my wife inside and then go clean and join her inside. Make sure you wear latex gloves!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I have a 32oz bottle of this stuff that I have tried using a bunch of times, and it just doesn't really ever do it for me, unfortunately.

Compared to wolfgang uber it just feels like such a chore to get the stuff to dry/flash off the paint. It also seems to streak on my glass no matter how many towels I use in the process of wiping them dry.

I do like the way it makes the car look, though. Which is why I've kept trying to like it. I might send it off to someone here soon, though. 2019 is the year I use up all the redundant crap I've accumulated recently. Ain't got no time to be messin with products that don't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, lol.

My choice for rinseless would probably just be ONR or wolfgang uber. I think wolfgang uber smells gross, but if I had to just pick one product for QD/rinseless/waterless it would be that one. I have a bottle of griots rinseless wash and wax I plan on trying out, so once i mess with that I may change my mind. As my products thin down i'd also like to try griots brilliant shine RW, cause it's like freaking 12 bucks, and that would be great if it's a good product.

Edit: Ultima waterless wash + deserves an honorable mention for how good it smells. Works well too, just not a fan of how it makes my LSP act funky.
    Wow that sucks! Have you tried reducing amount of Ech2o in your mix?

The first time I made a solution, it streaked, I diluted more and has been fine since. My favorite rinseless wash! Leaves behind insane gloss too and some protection that lasts a rainfall or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried using it as it was intended? As a waterless wash?best rinseless wash for winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Wow that sucks! Have you tried reducing amount of Ech2o in your mix?

The first time I made a solution, it streaked, I diluted more and has been fine since. My favorite rinseless wash! Leaves behind insane gloss too and some protection that lasts a rainfall or so.
    I could certainly try reducing how much I use. I’ve been mixing up 2 gallons and throwing in about 1.5oz of product, which I figured was close enough to where it should be given their recommended dilution on their website which says 1:200

Funny enough, it doesn’t streak on my paint. Or at least I don’t notice it. It just seems to streak horribly on my glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Have you tried using it as it was intended? As a waterless wash?best rinseless wash for winter?
    That’s the craziest thing I’ve heard all day, and I heard a turkey best rinseless wash for winter? making its way through my yard. I have not, though. I usually find if I don’t have a great experience with something as a rinseless, it seems 10x worse as a waterless.

Post Thanks / Like

The green tip, LOL, it comes out too light and fluffy. While it's TRUE how much more is used with the orange and gray I'd just use his airator or maybe the IK 1.5.

Surprised you didn't like WGU RW, it's a very good product!

To each his own. A friend ordered his kit and we tried both foamer. Maybe the tips are not consistent but the grey tip worked perfect. Clinged very well used half the amount and wasn’t runny. Both of us felt the wipe off was much more substantial than the ammo foamer. Not knocking the ammo foamer it’s great and if you wanna make it easier and buy the kit. Go ahead you’ll love it. I think the IK 1.5 is a better product. Gives you a choice of the foam you want at half price for same if not better quality product.... plus you can get it from AG!

Happy foaming,

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I could certainly try reducing how much I use. I’ve been mixing up 2 gallons and throwing in about 1.5oz of product, which I figured was close enough to where it should be given their recommended dilution on their website which says 1:200

Funny enough, it doesn’t streak on my paint. Or at least I don’t notice it. It just seems to streak horribly on my glass.

That’s the craziest thing I’ve heard all day, and I heard a turkey best rinseless wash for winter? making its way through my yard. I have not, though. I usually find if I don’t have a great experience with something as a rinseless, it seems 10x worse as a waterless.

I’ve not actually ever used Ech20 as a rinseless. N-914 seems to be my jam in that department. Actually never tried it as a normal waterless just make Merlin’s with Clutch and love that stuff. Absolutely amazing. Got a gallon though maybe I should give both a try.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast