autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the Paint Match

Due to a a moron who cannot drive... I ended up having to gave my rear quarter panel replaced. I am never impressed with body shops overall because they are all in a rush to finish production and crank out insurance money, which I completely understand. That said, I need your opinion...

They were supposed to blend the quarter. Both doors matched before the repaint as there was no door damage.

Overall, what do you folks think??? I brought it up to said shop which responded, "that's because the rest of the paint is old and this is new paint," and also, "I have the best painter in Columiba,[SC]." It has been about 30 days, and I polished the areas that were not painted with Meguiar's #105 then #205 because any "old" paint would be removed. Then I re-waxed the front...

What is your opinion? How well did they do? What would be your next step if any?

Does the Paint Match-img_5417-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does the Paint Match

Looks a little different but the lighting in there can be tricky, it's all coming from the front and will naturally make the back look darker.

Silver is also very tough to match and it might never be exactly the same
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Looks a little different but the lighting in there can be tricky, it's all coming from the front and will naturally make the back look darker.

Silver is also very tough to match and it might never be exactly the same
    Yeah. Well it is darker in the back, but it is only darker in certain light conditions. Overall, is this something I should complain or shut up about?

Post Thanks / Like

We’re going to need a better picture.. You’ve got natural light coming through the windows in the front, and a yellow garage light beaming onto the rear of the vehicle. Can’t see the true condition of the paint like that.

5. Likes bryanviper, yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    We’re going to need a better picture.. You’ve got natural light coming through the windows in the front, and a yellow garage light beaming onto the rear of the vehicle. Can’t see the true condition of the paint like that.
    Definitely get a picture in sunlight. Especially with metallic silver, it's the best way to tell IMO. I did a touch up on my car and I thought the paint matched very well until the sun hit it. It looked like an entirely different color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jbirk View Post
    Yeah. Well it is darker in the back, but it is only darker in certain light conditions. Overall, is this something I should complain or shut up about?
    If you're not happy you can complain. If you used one of the body shops recommended by your insurance they will usually guarantee the job is done to your satisfaction. I'm not sure bringing it back to the same place will get it to your liking but I think it's worth a shot if you don't want to pay someone else to re-do it.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it is raining, but this shows it as good as I realistically can and from different angles in a constant light source.

Does the Paint Match-1477-jpg

Does the Paint Match-1478-jpg

Does the Paint Match-1479-jpg

I think if they had not blended into the door, it would have been fine. Anytime paint changes angles, nobody would notice a slight tint difference.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not an expert on here, but to me there is a noticeable tint shift in the rear door as compared to the front door.

I don't know how you fix it besides a repaint. I thought generally body shops don't just go by the color printed on the door and will do some tests to see if things match prior to shooting it. IMHO, that looks a bit off and the blending almost looks like they just repainted the whole door.

Post Thanks / Like

I see what you mean... It looks slightly darker in the rear. However I think you should be able to live with it, or at least I’d be able to live with it especially considering the fact that it survived whatever collision it was involved in and is still around to fight another day and save you the money of having to buy a whole nother car.

Have a look at my car, it should make you feel a lil better.Does the Paint Match

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can seen a noticeable dark spot on the door,I see where they stopped 3/4 of the way towards the front,thatbwpuld drive me nuts
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

13. Likes bryanviper liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast