autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does the Paint Match

Chiming in as a (former) professional painter (now bodyshop manager)- Even if the tint of the color was off- they should be able to blend better than that!!!!!!!!!! Also in some instances- just clear coat alone added on a silver or white panel can sometimes change the hue of the panel- however this is not the case here- they carried their blend much too far into the panel and did so linearly- the blend should've been staggered from bottom to top- especially with a silver vehicle.

Although the insurance would never pay for it- the proper thing to, do when having the quarter panel replaced, would've been to blend both doors (the rear door is too short to allow for the proper 24-30 inches of blend area), the trunk lid, and the bumper. If the shop is smart they will have a magnetic ruler that shows the necessary blend area required- they can use it to take a picture and submit it to the insurance company so that they can be reimbursed for the additional work.

They need to take the vehicle back in and now blend into the front door. Silver is the absolute hardest color to spray- most collision painters (in my area/region at least) actually cannot spray it properly.

Yes it is true that bodyshops get a bad rapport. The truth is that we do our best- but we are incredibly bound by what we are able to do by the insurance companies- they keep us in business- without them we would not be able to survive and stay open- so we run a very tight line. Also do not forget the fact that we are human- we make mistakes- in addendum to this: I know I want to provide the best I can for my customers but I cannot always guarantee that- sometimes it may be easier for me to get the vehicle through the shop and out the door in the time that the customer and the insurance needs it done within- then bring it back in at a later date to fix any issues- because sometimes no matter how much I fight with the insurance companies they are not going to pay my shop what I really need to fix that customer vehicle correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

So basically if it would’ve been a haircut this would be a spot on equivalent of their little blend job? Lol. J/kDoes the Paint Match

Post Thanks / Like

I would take it back until it’s right. Auto insurance is sky high and you should be happy. My wife had an accident in her silver Juke and the body work and repaint is so good I have to think hard about what side was wrecked. They can get it right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123