autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

My first post here, hoping to get some clarity on this.

I have a 2017 Yukon that was by no means in bad condition paint wise, but taken through one too many brush washes by the previous owner. I looked around online and found a detailing shop near me. I spoke to the owner and he told me he could paint correct it and make it look like it was just off the showroom. He said that anything deep couldn’t be fixed, but that the swirl marks I had could be corrected easily and that he wanted to put a Ceramic Pro finish on it to protect it. The below video is what I got back. I literally see no indication that anything was corrected here. It cost a fortune and I feel like I didn’t get anything fixed here. I think it still looks terrible.

What do you guys think? He’s asked me to bring it back in to “correct it” but is he just going to make it worse? FYI this place had a lot of high end cars in it that they were working on and it was very fancy. But he never sent the photos he promised of my vehicle going through it’s process and I’m wondering if he did anything at all now besides wash and wax it. Any thoughts?

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

I’d ask for all of my money back and choose another reputable detailer.
    Jim

3. Likes custmsprty, infosponge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m afraid you got taken if and I repeat if you paid for paint correction. The problem with certain brands of coatings is they don’t care who installs the product as long as they paid the buy in fees. I would take it back and give them the chance to fix it. But I would have the owner look at the so called fancy cars with you and tell you what to expect in comparison. I don’t know what you paid, but in general if you weren’t in the $1000 range you didn’t pay for a full correction. We won’t coat a car unless we fully correct it first or you wind up with what you got. Good luck to you!

5. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, mumps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I’m afraid you got taken if and I repeat if you paid for paint correction. The problem with certain brands of coatings is they don’t care who installs the product as long as they paid the buy in fees. I would take it back and give them the chance to fix it. But I would have the owner look at the so called fancy cars with you and tell you what to expect in comparison. I don’t know what you paid, but in general if you weren’t in the $1000 range you didn’t pay for a full correction. We won’t coat a car unless we fully correct it first or you wind up with what you got. Good luck to you!
    Thank you. I paid $1700 and it was supposed to include paint correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    My first post here, hoping to get some clarity on this.

I have a 2017 Yukon that was by no means in bad condition paint wise, but taken through one too many brush washes by the previous owner. I looked around online and found a detailing shop near me. I spoke to the owner and he told me he could paint correct it and make it look like it was just off the showroom. He said that anything deep couldn’t be fixed, but that the swirl marks I had could be corrected easily and that he wanted to put a Ceramic Pro finish on it to protect it. The below video is what I got back. I literally see no indication that anything was corrected here. It cost a fortune and I feel like I didn’t get anything fixed here. I think it still looks terrible.

What do you guys think? He’s asked me to bring it back in to “correct it” but is he just going to make it worse? FYI this place had a lot of high end cars in it that they were working on and it was very fancy. But he never sent the photos he promised of my vehicle going through it’s process and I’m wondering if he did anything at all now besides wash and wax it. Any thoughts?

YouTube
    I watched the video. It does look bad. What services did he tell you he preformed on your vehicle. I don’t know what your paint looked like before. But it’s pretty safe to say he did not touch the paint work on your vehicle. Nor did he use a coating.
    As far as what to do. That’s completely up to you. I personally would go back and politely ask for a refund. It looks like he just straight up lied to you about the services he did the first time. So why bring it back? I’ve learned just because a shop has high end vehicles and equipment doesn’t mean that their skill level matches the environment they have setup.
    Use the directory on here or ask around on the forum and you will find someone good to take care of vehicle.
    Good luck and welcome to the forum.

8. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He sent me this photo yesterday with and said “brought this beauty outside. Looks great, not a swirl.” I didn’t say anything but I can literally see what looks like swirl marks in the photo. I thought maybe it was just a bad angle and the clouds were reflecting so didn’t say anything. My wife picked it up and didn’t know what to look for. Damnit this really burns me up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    He sent me this photo yesterday with and said “brought this beauty outside. Looks great, not a swirl.” I didn’t say anything but I can literally see what looks like swirl marks in the photo. I thought maybe it was just a bad angle and the clouds were reflecting so didn’t say anything. My wife picked it up and didn’t know what to look for. Damnit this really burns me up.

You can make a swirled out vehicle look good with side angles.

11. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd ask for your money back. That's a horrible job.
    Keep in mind I corrected this black Porsche and it was a mess. $250.00

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

13. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

See pictures, swirl free correction.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

15. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring it back and show him under light the problem. I'd assume since he does correction, he has a well lit area? That is pretty bad and I'd be pissed if I paid $1700.

17. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes hooked liked this post
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast