autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Well so I took it in this morning and he has vowed to make it right. He was very apologetic and said he will
    Make it right and fix what wasn’t fixed before. I told him about all of the conversations I’ve had in here and even showed him the thread and he said if it isn’t fixed to my satisfaction he will refund my money. He is also doing the interior clean he claimed he was doing. So we’ll see but I’m going to give him a chance to make this right.

Thank you guys again for all of the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    Well so I took it in this morning and he has vowed to make it right. He was very apologetic and said he will
    Make it right and fix what wasn’t fixed before. I told him about all of the conversations I’ve had in here and even showed him the thread and he said if it isn’t fixed to my satisfaction he will refund my money. He is also doing the interior clean he claimed he was doing. So we’ll see but I’m going to give him a chance to make this right.

Thank you guys again for all of the help.
    That’s right, let him know the internet has labeled him a hack until further notice. No joke.

Hope you get an honest job because no one deserves to get that in exchange for their hard earned money.

3. Likes Donnation, SWETM, MikeC78, infosponge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He’s supposed to be sending me pictures of it during the process this time. I texted him and he said he’d send over prep pictures while they were working on it. I’ll send what he sends when i get them for you guys to evaluate (that is if there is anything to evaluate from the pictures). I more wanted the pictures as that is listed as part of the process that they will send pictures and details of what they are doing and he better abide by it.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, quick question. He sprayed water on the side of it this morning. What should be occurring when the water hits the side of the vehicle. It didn’t look like anything was happening out of the originally. The water beaded some but that was it. Isn’t it supposed to bead and run off the vehicle? I’m just not sure the vehicle was coated at all with the ceramic.

Post Thanks / Like

If i were you, i’d have him run around the vehicle with thickness gauge first, just to see how much has been left/taken away after the first “detail”. Just to be safe and to know they want take all the clear away in order to make it to your liking

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

7. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshisa View Post
    If i were you, i’d have him run around the vehicle with thickness gauge first, just to see how much has been left/taken away after the first “detail”. Just to be safe and to know they want take all the clear away in order to make it to your liking

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Ok will do. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Any update? Did you get a chance to pass by or are you going later this evening?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Also, quick question. He sprayed water on the side of it this morning. What should be occurring when the water hits the side of the vehicle. It didn’t look like anything was happening out of the originally. The water beaded some but that was it. Isn’t it supposed to bead and run off the vehicle? I’m just not sure the vehicle was coated at all with the ceramic.
    Sprayed with a bottle? Or a hose/power washer? A bottle is not enough water to get them to run off the car but any decent volume of water should slide right off the paint if you have a fresh coating.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Sprayed with a bottle? Or a hose/power washer? A bottle is not enough water to get them to run off the car but any decent volume of water should slide right off the paint if you have a fresh coating.
    Damnit. It was a hose, and I’m pretty sure he didn’t coat it at all.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

From your first video I can tell you that he attempted to paint correct the vehicle but did not do all the necessary steps to make it A imperfection free finish. When doing a paint correction it is a multiple step process if you skip one of these steps you end up with swirl marks that are in almost a perfect circular shaped like what I saw in your video. Out of curiosity where might you live? Just asking because if your nearby I would be happy to make your vehicle look right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast