autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Thank you guys for these responses. I’m pretty upset over this and am taking it back in the morning. I highly sought he will give a refund but I’m going to ask to have it fixed.

Question though, won’t they have to remove the ceramic coating (if there even is one)?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. That needs to be redone and corrected to be proper. However, I wouldn't have that guy touch mine with a 10' microfiber pole. lol

3. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they will have to remove it during polishing, if they even installed it in the first place. Personally, I wouldn't let a hack like that continue to grind away on my paint. If they couldn't get it right the first time why would they get it right the second time?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

5. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes Dr Oldz, dlc95, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s time to find someone else also, I would contact Ceramic Pro also, don’t know if it’ll do any good but a company that is quality oriented would want to know. However I’ve seen this with a lot of they’re installers.

7. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Mike Phillips has a line that he uses frequently, and I'll try to embellish or paraphrase here... If you trusted them and paid them to do a job the first time, and they didn't do it, why would you bring it back to the same people to let them not do it right again.

It happens all too often, someone goes in for a coating and they don't bother doing any form of prep work. How I explain it to my customers is, it's like painting a room. You spend 8 hours taping, masking off, laying down paper/tarps, filling holes, sanding them down... priming and the last hour is painting.

Preparation meets opportunity, if it's not prepped, the LSP doesn't matter... I would ask for your money, and give your location (not exact address but city/state) on this forum and maybe a forum member will chime in and give you a helping hand....

By the way, welcome to the forum!!!

9. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes Farmallluvr, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    So Mike Phillips has a line that he uses frequently, and I'll try to embellish or paraphrase here... If you trusted them and paid them to do a job the first time, and they didn't do it, why would you bring it back to the same people to let them not do it right again.

It happens all too often, someone goes in for a coating and they don't bother doing any form of prep work. How I explain it to my customers is, it's like painting a room. You spend 8 hours taping, masking off, laying down paper/tarps, filling holes, sanding them down... priming and the last hour is painting.

Preparation meets opportunity, if it's not prepped, the LSP doesn't matter... I would ask for your money, and give your location (not exact address but city/state) on this forum and maybe a forum member will chime in and give you a helping hand....

By the way, welcome to the forum!!!
    Thank you for the welcome. I just wonder if I can get a refund here. He’s already started with the “Black paint is very hard to get perfect.”

I’m in Louisville, KY.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love that reason! I fix a lot of those! Besides it’s not black it’s clear. I hope it turns out well for you!

12. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes Farmallluvr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    Thank you for the welcome. I just wonder if I can get a refund here. He’s already started with the “Black paint is very hard to get perfect.”

I’m in Louisville, KY.
    I've been doing this on the side for a while now and I've had one person ask me to come back out and fix something that I didn't catch. He was super nice about it and just asked if something should look the way it did; I owned up to the mistake and refunded him a chunk of his money no questions asked because he had to take time out of another day to deal with it and he didn't get what he paid for the first time. It was far less than $1700, but the principle applies.

If this guy doesn't make the offer first and you have to push, I'd get the written refusal and do the rest through your bank/credit card company(unless you paid cash or something)but you shouldn't be the one that is trying to make things right here. I firmly believe that both sides share a responsibility during any kind of business and he is falling flat on his face when it comes to his side. I'd also agree with the other posters here saying not to take it back to him if you still have issues. You get two chances with me when it comes to stuff like this because I get that everyone has a bad day, but as soon as the excuses start or it comes back wrong the second time I prefer to just get someone else to perform the service. I'm really sorry you are getting the runaround with a detailer because it makes the rest of us look bad.

14. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sorry to hear about this. Stories like yours are what made me invest the money of one job and buy all the equipment and learn how to do it myself. I’d be so mad if I paid someone big bucks and got a lousy job like that. At least when I do something, if it’s not perfect then it’s on me and not someone that took my money and screwed up.
    Bruno Soares

16. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses here. It gives me hope that I wasn’t being one of those types of picky customers and also that there is hope that my paint can in fact be corrected.

The other thing that bothers me is that he said he was going to send me photos of the vehicle as it was being prepped and taken through the paint correction process. He never sent one single photo. When I asked him about it he said “Oh I’m sorry we forgot to send them.” The whole thing seems shady now. He does have a large factory where he is prepping other cars, but I’m getting the feeling since i walked in and didn’t have some fancy Tesla like some of his other cars that mine was kind of skipped over.

This whole thing has now made me feel sick. I paid a lot for this vehicle and hope it can be fixed.

18. Thanks hooked thanked for this post
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast