autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    Sigh, I know, I’m an idiot. I thought I was going to be getting a spectacular finish on my car. Lesson learned here.
    Definitely go back to them. $1,700 I'd put you up in a very nice hotel and buy you dinner while I correct and coat it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes dcjredline, minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Definitely go back to them. $1,700 I'd put you up in a very nice hotel and buy you dinner while I correct and coat it.
    Hahahahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

My entire detailing arsenal costs less...it is a shame that so many people these days don’t take any pride in the work they do. Good luck to you OP, fight for your money back and make sure to leave make your experience public for others to be aware

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshisa View Post
    ...it is a shame that so many people these days don’t take any pride in the work they do.
    I don't know if it's a matter of pride...I think there are a lot of people who don't know enough to know how much they don't know.

As a couple of examples...I was just reading about a hack Dr. who is now in jail, but another doctor who was called in to help after a botched operation, looked at the x-rays and said "it looks like he knew all the things to do...and then did them all wrong". Which reminded me of the contractors I had working at my house many years ago, who had a very experienced front-man (salesman), but then the kids who actually owned the company and did the work...I think they had worked for someone for a short time and decided they knew it all, so they knew what they were supposed to do...but didn't know how to do it.

How many (hack) detailers think that polishing is running a polisher over a car, without really understanding anything about polishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

How many (hack) detailers think that polishing is running a polisher over a car, without really understanding anything about polishing?
    All I can think of is some dude with 1 of those slow basketball size “wax spreaders” from the auto parts store. Lol

7. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    All I can think of is some dude with 1 of those slow basketball size “wax spreaders” from the auto parts store. Lol
    Or the kid in the dealer detail bay with the rotary and wool pad that's been sitting face down on the concrete floor..."but I polished it!"

Post Thanks / Like

"All I can think of is some dude with 1 of those slow basketball size “wax spreaders” from the auto parts store. Lol "

Sounds about right, except that guy wouldn't know to charge $1,700.00, would he?

In my opinion, the guy deserves the chance to make it right. But That would only be if he convinced a now-educated consumer that he both knows how to fix it and that his best effort would go into doing it. Short of that, I'd ask for my money back, and be talking to an attorney if things didn't go well.

If I were to go back to the guy seeking a remedy, I think the only thing that would make me at all comfortable with him trying again is a complete admission that they mucked up. "Yeah, sorry, this one never got passed our wash process, but was put into the finished line and never had the quality control inspection to assure it would meet your satisfaction". Even if I knew that was a B.S. story, I'd at least feel a bit better he has a chance to get it right a second time.

But I can assure you, were it me, this guy would never get a dime more of my money - Not to fix this, and not to work on my cars again. And he'd be doing the interior if he wanted me to be even remotely satisfied. $1,700.00 for a detail that doesn't include an interior? Come on!

10. Likes itsgn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is terrible... and $1,700?????
    I would expect it to come back to me perfect. It seriously looks like they sprayed some Walmart wax on it and called it a day laughing to the bank.

Completely unacceptable.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

This is the situation that has come about because of the number of coatings on the market now. The manufacturers for the most part only want to make money. So as long as you pay the buy in fee, you are a certified installer! Only a very few will take the time to check out the detailer. We’ve had several companies ask us to use their products and the first question they ask is , how much can you sell? The company we use now totally investigated us and looked at our years of work before they authorized us. And no buy in!

13. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes AutowerxDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    This is the situation that has come about because of the number of coatings on the market now.
    This situation has come about because coatings have become a huge fad*

15. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast