autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Best thing to do is give the guy a call, tell him your not happy and see if he can take a look.

The only caution is I wouldn’t accept wet sand if offered. OEM Paint is thin.

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my iPhon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Definitely get a refund and take it somewhere else. Whatever is listed in the package means nothing really, it's just a list, it doesn't mean they actually did everything on that list. Also look at your receipt or invoice or whatever they gave you for the work, it'll give you a leg to stand on if you decide to get an attorney involved at they charged for services not rendered.

I would also follow the advice of calling Ceramic Pro and letting them know what a sham their certified detailer is.

Lastly, when stuff like this happens, I always encourage people to post the name of the business to help others avoid dealing with them and if happen to be a member, putting pressure on them to make it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I find someone wanting to give me $1700 for a detail like this. Geesh for $1700 I would fly there, stay in a hotel for 3 days and polish/coat your truck for you, Id still get $700+ for the detail. I mean really, I spent a week in GA with Fadeaway detailing FLIGHT, RENTAL CAR, and HOTEL for a week for the $1000. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope things go well for you in the future with this guy.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

4. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes Legacykid, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You should have been informed what in the package you decided to go with was not going to be done. If I would get a package deal and then noticed just half of the package was done. I would also wondering why that was so. And if he just skipped the interior detail and not said it to you before. That raises many red flags. Then when you added the coating package. Did he tell you that the protection in the package you decided to go with was not going to be done? Cause the coating light you got is like a consumer grade coating. And to put the aviator protection on before the coating. Would not be a smart way to do as a coating needs bare paint or a dedicated primer to be applyied on. The information about what he was going to do with your car is not acceptable. And he would explained and get you the information on what in the package he would not do or give you the option to include it for a higher price if that was the problem.

One one picture it seems to be swiped with a finger. Is the car dirty from the shop so the true finish is not noticed. I would not wash the car to see if it is so. But there comes one more strange recommendation that you should not wash the car for 2 weeks and have it in the garage during this time. Did he mean that you don't drive the car in this 2 weeks too?

Either way it seems not to be corrected the way you was told he could deliver. And the problem with coatings and why they recommend you to polish a vehical before ceramic coating. Is that most ceramic coatings don't have any filling ability and will highlight the defects on the paint instead. And if you read the description of the coating light you got it's just what it says. That it has no resin or filling ability from it. And needs to be corrected to a good standard to not highlight defects left.

Since the car does look dirty it's a little hard to say how the correction is under it. Only that it's not the results you paid for. And if he would have noticed any problems when working on your car. As to deep of defects to be corrected or a to thin of clearcoat to get the defects corrected. IMO he would be explaining that to you when he noticed it when he got the troubles with it. And give you options on how to carry on. But just do it and hope for the best is just unprofessionall. As it is to don't get you the results you where promised and do a crappy work.

I would give him a chance to explain him self why the package deal you got and the results you got. Was not done or the information during the work was not informed to you as promised. Then if it's not a satisfied explanation for you. I would look for a refund or a redone of the work if you feel comfortable to do so. It's a lot of money and you are right to get explained why the outcome gotten this way. Then go from there to decide what you will do and what he will honour.

/Tony

6. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing, MomNPop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mate you’ve got loads of advice already but if it’s worth anything, I suggest you take the car down and talk to the guy about it.

You already know what your expectations were/are, you should ask him what his were. Then get him to run you through all the steps that were completed on the job.

Once he’s finished, get the invoice out and go through each item one at a time, check it off if it’s been done or satisfactory, talk about it if it isn’t.

Plain and simple, that guy sold you a product which was itemised, each of those items need to be fulfilled. If they haven’t been, he needs to give you a sufficient reason why not. Saying the car was too big isn’t sufficient. Saying he couldn’t wet sand the car because the clear coat is too thin and showing you the measurements (for example) is sufficient.

In the end you need to be 100% satisfied, don’t leave until you are, and don’t leave without a second itemised list of everything that is being fixed.

8. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for all of the help. I'm taking it in this morning. Not sure if anyone wants to know but I will post an update as to what happens. A nice member here gave me his information as an option to take my vehicle to him. Thank you again everyone, I feel much more confident that I did not get what I paid for.

10. Likes WristyManchego liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    Thank you for the welcome. I just wonder if I can get a refund here. He’s already started with the “Black paint is very hard to get perfect.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    From that list, I can tell you that this detailer looks like someone who knows what he is doing.
    C'mon Calendyr, when they start with the "black paint is very hard to get perfect" or "that's the way all black cars look" you know they're a hack detailer.

Thank you guys for all of the help. I'm taking it in this morning. Not sure if anyone wants to know but I will post an update as to what happens.
    Yes, we all want to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Plus, you have all off our backing on the matter.

More than a second opinion...from people who know what high-quality work should look like.

If their first process should theoretically be considered their best work, what will their new process be in order to rectify the problem.

I think it goes without say to hear it from another person, but this other guy should not be a second thought ever.

I’m glad that there is someone else on the forum here who can assist.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

13. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I paid $1700 and it was supposed to include paint correction.
    WOW! Would have been worth the drive to come see me
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    WOW! Would have been worth the drive to come see me
    Sigh, I know, I’m an idiot. I thought I was going to be getting a spectacular finish on my car. Lesson learned here.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast