autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Why dont you spray some water on it and make a video. Depending on how it beads/repels we will be able to tell if its been coated or not.

I hope he fixes his mistake.

2. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    Thanks for all the responses here. It gives me hope that I wasn’t being one of those types of picky customers and also that there is hope that my paint can in fact be corrected.

The other thing that bothers me is that he said he was going to send me photos of the vehicle as it was being prepped and taken through the paint correction process. He never sent one single photo. When I asked him about it he said “Oh I’m sorry we forgot to send them.” The whole thing seems shady now. He does have a large factory where he is prepping other cars, but I’m getting the feeling since i walked in and didn’t have some fancy Tesla like some of his other cars that mine was kind of skipped over.

This whole thing has now made me feel sick. I paid a lot for this vehicle and hope it can be fixed.
    Where do you live? Perhaps forum members can lend a hand. Of course it can be fixed... Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Where do you live? Perhaps forum members can lend a hand. Of course it can be fixed... Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m in Louisville, KY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryanviper View Post
    Why dont you spray some water on it and make a video. Depending on how it beads/repels we will be able to tell if its been coated or not.

I hope he fixes his mistake.
    I actually thought about doing that. But I think it’s safe to say it doesn’t really matter because the paint looks so bad. And I don’t want him accusing me of wiping it down causing any scratches.

Thank you for the kind words.

7. Likes bryanviper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Donnation,
    I am in Louisville and I would be happy to look at your vehicle if you would like to give me a call. Please see this forum thread about another member I helped with his Kia SUV. I do this as a side job and I only do one vehicle at a time.

Louisville, KY - OCD-tailing is AWESOME!!!

Thanks,
    Alan
    Last edited by OCD-tailing; 11-12-2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Typo

9. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD-tailing View Post
    Donnation,
    I am in Louisville and I would be happy to look at your vehicle if you would like to give me a call. Please see this forum thread about another member I helped with his Kia SUV. I do this as a side job and I only do one vehicle at a time.

Louisville, KY - OCD-tailing is AWESOME!!!

Thanks,
    Alan
    Oh yes, that would be fantastic!! Can you send me a private message and I can give you a call tomorrow? Also, do you do both paint correction and the ceramic coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    Thanks for all the responses here. It gives me hope that I wasn’t being one of those types of picky customers and also that there is hope that my paint can in fact be corrected.

The other thing that bothers me is that he said he was going to send me photos of the vehicle as it was being prepped and taken through the paint correction process. He never sent one single photo. When I asked him about it he said “Oh I’m sorry we forgot to send them.” The whole thing seems shady now. He does have a large factory where he is prepping other cars, but I’m getting the feeling since i walked in and didn’t have some fancy Tesla like some of his other cars that mine was kind of skipped over.

This whole thing has now made me feel sick. I paid a lot for this vehicle and hope it can be fixed.
    Yeah I would ask to see those photos. It looks like your car got passed over and somehow they thought they could get it by you without you noticing. That’s insane that anyone would accept that as a $1700 correction job. But as someone mentioned on here. If you can not get anywhere with them when you take it back. I would file a complaint with his ceramic coating provider. It might get you somewhere. Or it might not. But it would be worth a shot.

12. Thanks Donnation thanked for this post
    Likes bryanviper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is another video showing the hood. Also, the dust all over the car is how I received it. It was completely covered in it and my wife drive straight home and put it in the garage.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

That looks so bad it’s almost like he took your $1700 and drove your car to the nearest car wash, drove through and paid $10 for that, returned to you hoping you’d never notice.
    Bruno Soares

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast