autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

I just sent him this message, and I'm going to claim fraud on my credit card:

"Tim, I don’t want to talk about it and please don’t call me as I’m not bringing my vehicle back again. But man, these swirl marks and scratches are terrible. $1750 should get me a pristine vehicle, or the work shouldn’t have been done in the first place. I've shown your work to several detailers in a detailing forum and they have all been appalled that I paid that much money for terrible service like this. I’ve never been a difficult customer in my life, but I am beyond disappointed in this result. Below is the video of the vehicle straight home and put in the garage. Again, do not call me as I’m not bringing my vehicle in again. But I do not feel like I came even close to getting my money’s worth here. I went back and forth to your lot 6 different times going out of my way to try to be accommodating to you. You’ve had my vehicle for nearly two weeks and the end result is poor, and one I don’t think you can argue with. This has been a very bad experience for me. I'm not sure if you only work on new cars where you aren't dealing with swirls and haze, or if you just aren't very skilled at what you do. Either way, I would never recommend anyone take their vehicle to you and there is no chance I'd ever step foot in your shop again."

2. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eesh. I personally don't feel like you're going to win the CC battle, they have pictures of them working on the vehicle. I think from the CC company's standpoint, the provided the service, they can prove it, etc. I hope it works out for you. I can't believe they had the vehicle for 2 weeks.

4. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His reply: "I'll refund your money. I don't know what to say."

We'll see if he actually gives me a refund. I think he's full of ####.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my question though. What exactly did this guy do with my vehicle? He obviously did something with it but why is this result so extremely poor? I don’t understand what happened here. Did he just not know what he was doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Word of advice....keep a level head. If you have it in writing that he will refund your money than just hang your hat on that. Do not go the CC route - plenty of time for that (some up to 60 days).

8. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He just responded:

“NOBODY anywhere will ever make your Yukon look better! I will bet any amount on that! Wanna Bet?
    We delivered our best as always. My team worked tirelessly on your GMC, and these boys are the best of the best!! Enough said. I will refund your money. What a Joke!”

10. Thanks mrbtd thanked for this post
    Likes mrbtd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll echo what others have said, it looks like they did a one step. That type of result would border on acceptable if you had paid maybe half what you did (assuming they actually coated it), but for $1700 it should be pristine. Don't feel bad about being a difficult customer.The guy clearly preys on people who don't know anything about detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    He just responded:

“NOBODY anywhere will ever make your Yukon look better! I will bet any amount on that! Wanna Bet?
    We delivered our best as always. My team worked tirelessly on your GMC, and these boys are the best of the best!! Enough said. I will refund your money. What a Joke!”
    Ask him if the same best of the best of the best guys worked on Trumps car and king of saudi arabia’s truck. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take him up on that challenge in a heart beat.

I took a destroyed Chevy HD 2500 basket case in a one step to perfection in 8 hours. Washed, corrected and sealed, 8 hours by myself. And it shames that job he did. He'd owe me $1700.00

I can't find the show and shine I did a few years ago, but this thing had never been detailed in 7 years and it had major oxidation. He didn't even know it was metallic blue until I got done. $300.00 exterior only.

Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating-swirlfree-jpg

Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating-swirlfree1-jpg

Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating-hd2500-jpg
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to stay optimistic here.... But, I figured it was gonna turn out this way. When you sent those vids of them working on it, my hopes of a quality job went out the window. lol Who am I to judge?

I hope you get your money back, cause you can kiss whatever clearcoat they removed goodbye, forever.

Scour the "show n-shine" sub forum and check out some of the work of the members here. Sizzle Chest is one who comes to mind. You'll never see work looking like that on here. If they do, they sure wont post it!

Ohh CustomSport^^ is another... there are many on here...

15. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast