autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Just so everyone knows, I meant no sarcasm when I quoted the members washing tips. It truly is life changing for me because I didn’t know any of that stuff in regards to taking care of this expensive vehicle and want to keep it as pristine as possible.

I’m truly thankful I came here and sure do appreciate all of the kind help.

Also, I’m supposed to pick it up today so I’ll report back. Going to have a member here inspect it as well if he’s able to squeeze me in and give me his opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Question, it’s raining out today so should I wait to drive this vehicle out of his garage? My plan is to take it home and it can sit in my garage for a while as I don’t need to immediately give up my old vehicle. Just curious if driving it in the rain will mess with the coating on it this soon. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Also, he sent me over some photos like these. So he’s either actually doing something to the vehicle or going out of his way to make it look like he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Too much how he has 3 guys taking two days when he did it the first time in one day no problem. He has a nice big shop, of course maybe he can afford that if he's pumping out $1700 jobs without actually doing any work on them.

I'm kind of amused, he's got the one guy with an organic vapor respirator, he looks like the guy applying the coating, and the other two guys that are buffing, look like they are wearing dust masks...maybe that's why the guy in the middle looks woozy, from breathing coating fumes. Did the boss tell them that the dust mask would protect them from the solvent vapors? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe 3M makes disposables like that with charcoal in them...I'd have to look it up but I'm too lazy right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, maybe he’s nervous but now he’s sending me all kinds of stuff. I guess this is what he was supposed to be sending me before.

Anyone know what the heck he’s doing here? Really confused now as to what this process is.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it dry for at least 24 hours. I'd wait more if possible. But it depends on if this guy can keep your car in his shop until there's no more rain so you can drive it home when it's dry.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Keep it dry for at least 24 hours. I'd wait more if possible. But it depends on if this guy can keep your car in his shop until there's no more rain so you can drive it home when it's dry.
    Thank you. He actually wrote me and said I couldn’t drive it home today due to the weather and to pick it up tomorrow afternoon if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    Geez, maybe he’s nervous but now he’s sending me all kinds of stuff. I guess this is what he was supposed to be sending me before.

Anyone know what the heck he’s doing here? Really confused now as to what this process is.

YouTube
    I guess I owe him an apology, if he's spraying the coating then those particulate masks will protect the buffers from the aerosol, if not the solvent vapors. I guess they are spraying it with the gun, leveling it with the microfiber sponge, then buffing after a minute. I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I guess I owe him an apology, if he's spraying the coating then those particulate masks will protect the buffers from the aerosol, if not the solvent vapors. I guess they are spraying it with the gun, leveling it with the microfiber sponge, then buffing after a minute. I guess.
    Not uncommon for ceramic pro installers to spray. IMO it just wastes product. But as long as it's done and looks good.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    Not uncommon for ceramic pro installers to spray. IMO it just wastes product.
    Not only that, but this way overspray gets everywhere, even on parts that will not be covered fully, will not buffed properly, and should not be covered by a coating at all in the first place, like brake discs and stuff.

If he's really spraying the coating the way depicted in the video, then he's grossly incompetent and irresponsible. But honestly, I wouldn't even take for granted that he's actually spraying a coating solution there, and not just water vapor or something.

11. Likes MikeC78 liked this post
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast