autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Was that guy in the picture the "owner"? Or was it the owner taking a picture of the guy working on it?
    The owner was the one taking the picture.

I only really have a good faith hope that since he admitted they screwed up the first time that he knows I'll blow my top if I walk in and see a vehicle with swirl marks all over it again.

2. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    The owner was the one taking the picture.

I only really have a good faith hope that since he admitted they screwed up the first time that he knows I'll blow my top if I walk in and see a vehicle with swirl marks all over it again.
    Awful deal for you. I feel bad that someone would be so unscrupulous as to try and charge you that much hard earned money for basically nothing.

As you have seen, there are people that can do it right. The first time.

I wish you luck with this "detailer"......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes LSNAutoDetailing, MomNPop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Awful deal for you. I feel bad that someone would be so unscrupulous as to try and charge you that much hard earned money for basically nothing.

As you have seen, there are people that can do it right. The first time.

I wish you luck with this "detailer"......

Thanks, honestly I'm at the end with dealing with this. Its taking time out of my day and constantly making me mad. If its not right tomorrow I'm going to ask for a refund. I already know he'd fight me on it and refuse it, as I can tell that's the type of guy he is. I'll threaten legal action and reporting him to Ceramic Pro, as well as annihilating him to anyone interested in getting their car detailed and destroying him online with bad reviews.

My hope is that it doesn't come to that, but who knows, we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, honestly I'm at the end with dealing with this. Its taking time out of my day and constantly making me mad. If its not right tomorrow I'm going to ask for a refund. I already know he'd fight me on it and refuse it, as I can tell that's the type of guy he is. I'll threaten legal action and reporting him to Ceramic Pro, as well as annihilating him to anyone interested in getting their car detailed and destroying him online with bad reviews.

My hope is that it doesn't come to that, but who knows, we'll see.
    Good wishes.

Life is too short for crap like this. :/
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To the OP --- I am so sorry this took place. Your 70k or so Yukon deserves much better than this person. I, throughout all the posts, saw numerous red flags.

1. Getting a car with even a light coat of dust on it after someone paying anything is unacceptable, unless your wife drove through a construction zone.
    2. The list that was provided IMHO should have cost you 2k+ without a coating. 3-4 stage paint correction????? Why would anyone need to wet sand OEM paint, especially on a 1-2 year old vehicle. I got it for several spots that had etching from bird droppings, but not the whole car.
    3. Unacceptable swirls when returned. Even if on the coating, absolutely unacceptable. They were light, so should have been corrected, which shows A. he didnt correct it; or B. its on the coating which means he didnt apply correctly. (Likely the water beading and gloss levels showed no coating applied; which i respond below to ---it is a blessing in this case)
    4. You were Kidding right???? He actually said "He said he didn’t know how it happened (yeah right) but for whatever reason the paint had become severely marred and that he was fixing it". Holy Hell---- what the hell did they do to marr severely your paint, which obviously was NOT seriously marred when you took it in according to you. You said he told you that there were no serious defects when you took it in the first time.

Its unfortunate this occurs. People make mistakes, but with this one, money back period, no matter what he says IMHO. I am actually a bit worried how much CC was or is now being taken off. There is only so much. (most likely its fine, but that is a worry)

Here are two pictures of a "Freshly Paint Corrected 2-Step Bentley Bentayga" NO I didnt do this. But had a good laugh before fixing it. There is more below these pictures.

Answering some of the questions in this thread---

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Shouldn't be a pain to remove. Just polish to correct the swirls and the coating will come off.
    There is a thread on Autogeek that explains removing of coatings. Some will come off with a alcohol wipe, some come off with having to sand them off. Most come off with a medium polish or compound. Ceramic Pro if I remember correctly requires sanding to fully remove. That was at least in the thread by several people.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Isn't 9H the claim CeramicPro uses for all their coatings? I have never known a happy Ceramic Pro customer.... Just my .02
    9H might be the greatest marketing gimmick in the history of coatings, but hardly a measurement to be taken seriously if you are looking for a solid performing coating. If the mohs scale is correct and ceramic Pro is correct, only a Diamond could scratch this coating? LOL #Fake News

Mine was just the base level or “light level” of the coating. Maybe it’s just marketing nonsense but he’s doing it for free and as long as it looks good that’s all I care about.
    Yep, marketing nonsense. Each layer of the Coating is the same layer for all coatings, unless its a different product of course. I work with Modesta, Kamikazee, 22ple and those are some of the absolute best coatings on the market, and each layer is the same applied and I only do 2x layers. Except the Kamikazee (2x Miyabi, 1x ISM)

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Can anybody make out what tool he's using in that pic?
    Hell he showed the pics of the vehicle basically just taped up. Obviously if he knows what he is doing, he would have stuck a light up to the paint and taken a close up showing no swirls. FIRST RED FLAG of anyone saying swirl free or wanting to show their correction work is how their pictures are done. No close ups or reasonably close showing the sun in them, then their work is possibly not that great. Examples below, fully corrected and coated.

Aston Martin Jet Black DB9 up close,

Range Rover Sport in Santorini Black---first looks good but you couldn't tell if it had a swirl due to the distance, second you could, but main point is the light is being shown on the panels

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    This dude knows it. For 1700 I’d expect someone to be touching it for 3 days and it to be in the shop for a week.

Watch him fluff it up again.
    Tahoe/Yukon ---- 2 step correction for 2x guys would or should likely take a full day from prep to finish. But one guy, likely 2 days with one application of a coating at the end. That would be rushed. 8 hrs for the compound, 4 hrs for the polish or so. So no way in one day IMHO. None of those times include the interior at all, or even cleaning glass on the inside. Just paint work

9. Likes MikeC78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To further what Mike P says, when considering whether to bring it back to this place answer tthe question "what has changed?".

In other words, what gives you some assurance this outfit can meet your expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    To further what Mike P says, when considering whether to bring it back to this place answer tthe question "what has changed?".

In other words, what gives you some assurance this outfit can meet your expectations.
    I don't really have any. He was not going to give me a refund though, I could see that pretty clearly. My only hope is that he has a professional setup and that this was just screw up, or at worst he was trying to dupe an unknowing customer. I realize neither is great, but if it comes back repaired I'll be happy. I just texted him and asked him for an update with some photos showing a light up against the paint showing the swirls have been removed from all sides of the vehicle. I'll see what he sends back and post it up here.

Post Thanks / Like

Well ####. When I asked for him to send over some photos, he replied with "Call me." That doesn't sound promising to me and honestly I don't feel like listening to this guys BS over the phone again. I think its a safe bet to say he did not fix the vehicle like he said he would. I'm going to go over and get it today and ask for a refund but I doubt he'll give it as I could tell he wasn't going to even attempt to offer me one when I was so upset with him. I'll update later, but I think I'm screwed. Also, once I do get this vehicle back I will post the name of this place so anyone else in here can avoid it. I've hesitated to do so as I thought maybe he would be fixing it but I don't think its going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Well ####. When I asked for him to send over some photos, he replied with "Call me." That doesn't sound promising to me and honestly I don't feel like listening to this guys BS over the phone again. I think its a safe bet to say he did not fix the vehicle like he said he would. I'm going to go over and get it today and ask for a refund but I doubt he'll give it as I could tell he wasn't going to even attempt to offer me one when I was so upset with him. I'll update later, but I think I'm screwed. Also, once I do get this vehicle back I will post the name of this place so anyone else in here can avoid it. I've hesitated to do so as I thought maybe he would be fixing it but I don't think its going to happen.
    Hopefully you’ve used CC to pay for it. Contact your bank and report fraud activity

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshisa View Post
    Hopefully you’ve used CC to pay for it. Contact your bank and report fraud activity

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Yes I did. I guess that's going to be my play when I go over and pick the vehicle up. I can't believe I got in this mess with this guy. Now he's gone completely dark and isn't responding to texts. I told him I couldn't talk (I just can't listen to his BS again) and to just send pictures. He never responded.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast