autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tar remove

Post Thanks / Like

Tar remove

Tar remove-screenshot_20181112-172531_instagram-jpgTar remove-screenshot_20181112-172524_instagram-jpgTar remove-screenshot_20181112-172521_instagram-jpg

Hey guys need a little help. Detailed this truck over 20 days ago and he is coming back to us now saying that this is still on his truck. He claims its tar from a dumb truck. The steps I took for his truck was a wash soap that will remove wax mix with some iron remover, clay bared the entire truck, and then applied a sealant. To my knowledge this was not there when I left the job, but he is saying it was. Is there any reason this did not come off his vinyl and windows but it did come off the rest of the truck? He also claims it's very sticky. All help appreciated thank you Tar remove-69781-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tar remove

After 20 days it could be sap from any number of trees. Is he saying you did not remove this when you detailed his truck? A cheap sap removal tool is hand sanitizer. If it is pine tar try to wipe off as much as possible (with a disposable rag) then try Goof-off brand remover. The longer it stays on the harder it is to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    After 20 days it could be sap from any number of trees. Is he saying you did not remove this when you detailed his truck? A cheap sap removal tool is hand sanitizer. If it is pine tar try to wipe off as much as possible (with a disposable rag) then try Goof-off brand remover. The longer it stays on the harder it is to remove.
    Yes, he is saying I did not remove this when I did his truck. He says its tar from a dumb truck. His mechanic asked him why it was still there when he brought it to him last week. I could of swore I removed it all but he claims I did not and you can only see it when your close up to the vinyl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterdetail View Post
    Yes, he is saying I did not remove this when I did his truck. He says its tar from a dumb truck. His mechanic asked him why it was still there when he brought it to him last week. I could of swore I removed it all but he claims I did not and you can only see it when your close up to the vinyl.
    This is one of those unwinnable arguments. I would go ahead and remove the tar and keep the customer happy even if you already cleaned it once. CarPro Tar-X is what I use on road tar. It takes a few applications, but it will work. You can soak a towel with it and lay it on the area to help dissolve the tar.

Post Thanks / Like

Took 20 days to discover an alleged
    detailing miscue? Okie Dokie.

If you’re willing to “go along, to get along”...
    I’ll suggest using dedicated tar/sap removal
    products, such as Stoner Tarminator removes bug residue, tar, tree sap, gum and more from automotive surfaces! bug & tar remover, auto spot cleaner, car bug & tar

Note:
    There are also a couple of “homeopathic”
    remedies that I use on my vehicles—but I
    won’t go there: for this seems it could turn
    out to be a scuzzy customer with whom you
    are dealing. No need to potentially give him
    (or his mechanic/(mentor?) any more ammo.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Man those tires on truck would fling up anything from the road. The difference could be when you now have protected the paint the tar or whatever junk has come from what he drove through. Did not bond to the protected paint but on the more structured surfaces as the vinyl and glass and plastic it did. That could be a reason that you only see it on those parts.
    But the customer has always right is an old saying. And it can be smart to sorting it out. Just go through it with him after you have done it. And be carefull to use tar remover on those surfaces. Read through the product description so it says it can be used on them. Work in small sections so it don't dries up on you. The products above is good choices. I would also consider Stoner Xenit as it seems to be more plastic friendly. And what ever tar remover you use. Spray it in a mf towel and wipe it off and rinse thoroughly after you are done with the section you cleaned. To be on safe side off no misshap.

Stoner? XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner THE FASTEST WAY TO CLEAN DIFFICULT GRIME! Intense orange cleaner, stoner cleaner, all purpose cleaner,

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help guys. The worse part of this is he is an hour away he found us on instgram and payed us extra to come to him. Sucks now that I'm gonna have to waste time and gas to drive back to him. I already own the xenit product so I guess I'm gonna try that instead of buying stoner.

Post Thanks / Like

Use citrol 266 watch YouTube videos of it on tar it is on a different level compared to other product.