autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings

Interested in comparing the differences between Cquartz ceramic coating vs the ebay Mr Fix 9h ceramic coating

The cquartz is about 20 times the price.. but is it the same stuff?

Are cquartz users paying for marketing, bit more testing and proper instructions.

Is the Mr Fox 9h a copycat but still a bargain.

My neighbour bought the mrfix9h stuff on ebay and did his black car with it. It looked very good . Dont know about durability and i did inspect the car.. it wasnt as slick as i woukd have thought, the beading if water looked average to me but it was very very shiny

Are they the same products or get what you pay?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings

buy both and do half of your car with each. then you can tell us.

3. Likes BudgetPlan1, fly07sti, minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used CQuartz on one of our vehicles and I can say it performs extreamly well. It looks amazing, but more importantly it has been very durable so far and the self-cleaning/water sheeting properties are amazing. Water seems to nearly bounce off the vertical pannels and on more horizontal areas, what doesn't roll or sheet off the surface leaves these tiny, tight beads which almost seem to be more like little spheres of water perched on the surface.

You mention this other product only had average water beading. If we both consider "average" to be the same properties, I'd say the product your neighbor is using probably wouldn't even stand up to even some of the better sealants sold here, let alone the reputable coatings like CQuartz and Gyeon.

Slickness in feel is not a good measure of a coating. Many of the good ones don't feel slick like a wax or sealant, but that seems to be related to their hydrophobic properties. Even Sonax Polymer Net Shield, which is a sealant which behaves like a coating when wet, isn't very slick, but the water behavior is amazing.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Likes fly07sti, VitreousHumor, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to be putting cquartz Uk and mr fix up against each other, I’m thinking uk will easily dominate but I’m always curious.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I did not like mr fix 9h. It was extremely difficult to buff it from the paint after applying it, very tacky, required a significant amount of pressure to remove. Couldn’t imagine doing the entire car with it. It’s possible I got a bad batch, I also think the version I got was different from the Veteran version that others have reviewed. Gloss was great, water behavior was below average, durability as far as maintaining its surface tension was poor, definitely requires a top coat of some sort.

CQUK blows it away in performance while being much easier to work with.

8. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor, The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I washed,clayed,griots correcting cream,panel wipe and mr fix, I laid it on thick and it leveled out no problem, of course that doesn’t matter if it doesn’t last

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Fix 9H has big problems with authenticity or quality control. Performance varies widely between users.
    The bottle I have works great nonetheless, on par with CQUK. Beading is really outstanding after a few months and some hits with degreaser.
    Search for bottles with scratchable certificate, which you can verify online and has bigger writing on the package, around 10$ - this stuff should be legit.

Post Thanks / Like

It smells a lot like igl poly

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Had another look at my neighbours mr fix 9h car..

It rained abit this week and it all looks dusty.. BUT i touched it and it really appeared to be on the surface and just a finger swipe appeared to take off the dirt, it was off and shiny and slick again..

In fact it feels slicker than it did the first time i saw it 24 hrs after when he applied it

Thinking to trying some. Could it keep Cquartz honest?

Spend $100 AUD for 50ml cquartz or buy 3 x mr fix 50ml for $20 AUD and smother it on with 4 coats

13. Likes Dereksdtail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look on Alibaba.com you will see many different coatings being sold at very low prices. Some people buy these coatings by the liter and transfer it to smaller bottles and make a big profit. Some coatings are just relabeled and sold under several names (just like many other detailing products). Many manufacturers will work with you and bottle the coating and ship it to you for you to put a label on. You will never get a manufacturer to tell you who they sell to but a tip off is the bottles and tops they use.

Is a $10 coating as good as a $100 coating? The only way to know is to try both. The $100 coating probably has more advertising costs (and other) raising the price.

15. Likes Dereksdtail liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast