autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings

Saw my neighbour wash his car. He has mr fix on it. Was slowish to sheet but did seem to sheet water off.. very slow though.

Didnt seem to bead just sort of runs off slowly.

I thought the water was supposed to fly off it?

Post Thanks / Like

Depends also on the panel angle and the level of contamination - meaning both dust that settled on it, and heavier bound contaminants, that stick to it or get embedded into it, as time passes. Unless the car was freshly washed, the water behavior doesn't mean much. Even then contact angle should be primarily observed to determine hydrophobicity, as beading and sheeting depend heavily on water spray pattern and panel angles/lines.

Regarding CQuartz, it's definitely overpriced in the sense, that you can get the very same product (and I mean that literally) from the original Korean supplier (TAC) to CarPro, for almost half the price (well, 60%). That said even that product costs like $35-$40 for a 50 ml bottle, which is still multiple times the price of Mr Fix, which in turn means, that the latter just can't be of the same quality. Which doesn't mean it should not be used or that it couldn't perform well - just that at some level there must be a difference between these products.

Unfortunately I can't speak of personal experience, because even though I have a bottle of Mr Fix for more than a year here, it still couldn't get myself to try it on a car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HU11LK View Post
    Saw my neighbour wash his car. He has mr fix on it. Was slowish to sheet but did seem to sheet water off.. very slow though.

Didnt seem to bead just sort of runs off slowly.

I thought the water was supposed to fly off it?
    Shows how good these generic, cheap coatings are. It could just be contaminated but since it hasn’t been that long since application, I suppose the coating is already wearing off.
    Bruno Soares

4. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a YouTube channel from Texas where this guy puts many different products on one hood. The spot he used mr fix 9H on, didn't last but 3-4 months. Based on that not worth it to me. Get a tub of fk1000p and get better durability.

6. Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new upgraded mr fix, goes on a lot thicker, does a nice job of filling and darkening the paint, used it on some not so perfect paint to see what it could do, still the longevity is what we’re all looking for, it seems the trusted brands make that a top priority, cquartz uk has been impressing me from every angle

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I used the mr fix over solutions finish on trim and sometimes on wheels it is a legit coating but lacks the additives for gloss and water behavior and that’s the biggest factors for me. I also use on wheel and headlights I let some streakin just to see how hard it was to buff off. My two cents.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to revive a dead-thread but I actually just purchased CQuartz UK 3.0 and I already had 2 containers of Mr FIX9h. I already had MrFix on 1/2 of my hood and just applied CQuartz UK 3.0 on the other 1/2. Will let the CQuartz cure and then take a look at the water behavior.

I have used Mr Fix in the past and it actually lasted a good 1 years and 6 months on my car, but I am a rabid cleaner so I constantly applied wax and sealants over that coating which probably extended the life of the coating. I want to compare the water behavior, but right now the biggest
    short-term difference I noticed was that CQuartz does look a bit darker and deeper on my black paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings-img_9787-jpgCquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings-img_9783-jpg
    Can you guess what product?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dereksdtail View Post
    Cquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings-img_9787-jpgCquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings-img_9783-jpg
    Can you guess what product?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    There are tons of LSP's on the market..do we need to name them all?

I might add that 90% of LSP's that are freshly applied will bead like your photos. The question is how long will it last?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I did not like mr fix 9h. It was extremely difficult to buff it from the paint after applying it, very tacky, required a significant amount of pressure to remove. Couldn’t imagine doing the entire car with it. It’s possible I got a bad batch, I also think the version I got was different from the Veteran version that others have reviewed. Gloss was great, water behavior was below average, durability as far as maintaining its surface tension was poor, definitely requires a top coat of some sort.

CQUK blows it away in performance while being much easier to work with.
    If you had issues taking off Mr Fix, you probably did not take it off correctly. I found it much easier to use than Cquartz Products I have used in the past. The trick with Mr Fix, as per the instructions, you have to first take off with a Damp Microfiber towel, then immediately wipe dry with a dry Microfiber towel. If you do not do this? The product is very hard to remove and is very tacky as you mentioned. That is how I know you didn't do it right haha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast