autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is excited to get M110/210?

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Neither do I!

I'd rather use a lesser cutting compound, and hit it twice if I absolutely need to.

If the abrasives have powdered away, they're no longer in service cutting paint.
    I have found Sonax CutMax and Wizards Mystic Compound and have no need to hit it twice.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Talking to the Megs guys at SEMA, I didn't exactly get a straight answer on where these fit in their lineup. One said they replace 105/205 as far as just being better, another said they don't replace anything they're just a new product made for DA's.

Also, they both told me they'd be available in January, but I saw a preorder for it online already that ships on 11/9, so no idea how credible any of those guys were at the booth.
    available now. I have a tracking#
    Jim

3. Likes JustJesus, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I remember when 105/205 came out and they were truly ground breaking. For years it seemed 105 was the compound that all other compounds got compared to. Then other companies caught up and then surpassed it with user friendly products that cut and finished as well or better.
    M105/205 were definitely an inflection point for the industry...but lotta great products these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Nice and all, but with so many great products already out on the market, kind of hard to get excited for these. Too much stuff on my shelves.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    I suppose you can say that I’m excited, but more so just curious if they are able to set the bar again.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ll probably get a few small bottles to try out. Too many good options for compounds and polishes today.
    On the Meg's forum (MOL) they said no plans to offer in the 8oz bottles like M105/205--quart and gallon only.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I believe 110 is positioned as a "premium universal" compound, much like M105 was back in 07.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Cautiously optimistic. I like D300 for use with microfiber pads. Is 110 a replacement for D300? Or is 110 for foam pad cutting?
    Talking to the Megs guys at SEMA, I didn't exactly get a straight answer on where these fit in their lineup. One said they replace 105/205 as far as just being better, another said they don't replace anything they're just a new product made for DA's.
    Per MOL, this will likely replace M101, which it is priced just slightly under. M110/210 are much more expensive than M105/205, so they will coexist, as will M100 which has an even lower price point. The list price for M110 is $48 for a quart, (but the price on the street seems to be $37) while the list price of M105 is $33, M100 is $22, and M101 is $49

Also, they both told me they'd be available in January, but I saw a preorder for it online already that ships on 11/9, so no idea how credible any of those guys were at the booth.
    Was supposed to be in the Meg's distribution centers this past Monday, so should be available...as evidenced by Dr. Oldz having a tracking number already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have found Sonax CutMax and Wizards Mystic Compound and have no need to hit it twice.
    I'll keep that in mind.

So far the 3D on has been doing a great job for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Straight from the main man himself

7. Thanks fly07sti, VitreousHumor, Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Straight from the main man himself
    He ought to coordinate with the people in his company, from Nick Winn, on MOL:

"You are on the right track, M101 Foam Cut Compound will likely be phased out."

And according to Nick Winn, he was at SEMA, so I guess they told a million people at SEMA but not the people that work for Meguiar's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

And according to Nick Winn, he was at SEMA, so I guess they told a million people at SEMA but not the people that work for Meguiar's.
    Yup, talked to two different guys there at was told two different things. Hopefully they are both non diminishing abrasives like i was told.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, talked to two different guys there at was told two different things. Hopefully they are both non diminishing abrasives like i was told.
    Well, frequently at trade shows they need a lot of people and pull people from all different jobs, so maybe it's not a surprise that they weren't on the same page.

Post Thanks / Like

M101 could be phased out for a different reason. It could be just like they did with D114 which was due to low sales and not necessarily to make way for this new product.

If you want the correct information your best bet is to speak with Mike Stoops, Nick Win, Mike Pennington or Markus Kleis.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame, I liked that one, especially with Flex. Oh well...

13. Likes JustJesus liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast