autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Recommendations

I got my polisher today with pad cleaner/conditioner, and the pads. However, I was sent the 6.5" pads instead of the 5.5" that I ordered. Will the 6.5" pads be better to keep or exchange keeping in mind I have a 5" vented backing plate? Seems like it's a better value for me, but I read it works better with the smaller pads. Anyway, just wanted to get your thoughts.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

You will be much happier with the 5.5...6.5 most times will be too big and you'll feel you compromised. Get what you ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    You will be much happier with the 5.5...6.5 most times will be too big and you'll feel you compromised. Get what you ordered.
    Agreed. They may even let you keep the 6.5" pads for their mishap. Maybe. But at least get what you ordered.
    '03 Corvette Z06

4. Likes kenexcelon liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Agreed. They may even let you keep the 6.5" pads for their mishap. Maybe. But at least get what you ordered.
    Thanks, I emailed Autogeek's customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

Stick with the 5.5" pads. I have used the Griots 6" machines for 10 yeas, and have one with the 6" plate for polishing, and one with the 5" plate for cutting and sanding. It's a great machine.

The vented plate with the Griots products and pads are hard to beat when starting out.

Like Richard Griot says, "have fun in your garage"

Bill

7. Likes PaulMys, kenexcelon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenexcelon View Post
    I got my polisher today with pad cleaner/conditioner, and the pads. However, I was sent the 6.5" pads instead of the 5.5" that I ordered. Will the 6.5" pads be better to keep or exchange keeping in mind I have a 5" vented backing plate? Seems like it's a better value for me, but I read it works better with the smaller pads. Anyway, just wanted to get your thoughts.

Thanks!
    5 1/2" pads all day long. You will have a much better experience using them as opposed to the 6".

You are gonna love that "Mini Boss" you just received. It does everything you need and then some. Oh, and the lifetime warranty and Griot's CS to boot...........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes kenexcelon liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I知 new to this as well and was wondering if you guys recommend 360 or 3D for a black Subaru? I知 also going to order up the same buffer and backing plate to get me started! I should mention that I have heavy swirling that I will be trying to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Hi, I知 new to this as well and was wondering if you guys recommend 360 or 3D for a black Subaru? I知 also going to order up the same buffer and backing plate to get me started! I should mention that I have heavy swirling that I will be trying to remove.
    Heavy swirling would try megs d300 with a MF, Wolfgang UBER compound, Pinnicle advanced compound, Sonax perfect finish or carpro clear cut first

Megs has a MF pad kit with the pads and liquids

Everyone is gonna have input on a favorite

360 is likely not going to take on anything heavy

3d I知 assuming speed you are referring to and it too will help but not really eliminate what a compound will

There are many good compounds today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes kenexcelon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Since you're using an 8mm DA, go with Meguiars 5" MF cutting discs and D300 for heavy swirl removal. Follow that with McKee's 360 or Blackfire 1-step with a polishing pad. Don't overthink things. These combos will give you great results!
    '03 Corvette Z06

14. Likes kenexcelon liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Would lake country orange and white 5.5 pads work well with the D300 and Blackfire 1 or should I stick with the 5" MF cutting discs for the compound? Also is the D300 better than the the Ultimate compound? I ask because I have Ultimate already. One last question, how many of each pad should I have?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast