autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How best to wash and protect for a lazy guy with no garage?

At the moment I'm looking for the best and quickest way to wash and protect my car. I usually use Duragloss 901 and follow it up with some Duragloss Aquawax as I dry. Living in the south and not having access to garage I have to wait until the sun starts going down to prevent water spots. I wash my car every weekend and, maybe I'm just slow, but it usually takes me around 2 hours to wash and dry the car with the Aquawax. Other than the 901 and Aquawax, the only product I use on a weekly basis is Optimum Power Clean to clean my exhaust tips and a 10:1 dilution of OPC to help with getting bugs off of the car. Since I don't have much in the way of shaded areas or shelter for the car I find that by the time the car is washed I'm running out of daylight to wax and such.

What would be the absolute fastest effective method of washing and adding some bit of protection and shine to my car? Is washing and using the Aquawax the most effective method, would something like a wash and wax be better, or is there some other method that I should try?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How best to wash and protect for a lazy guy with no garage?

Griots new foam wash and poly gloss.

3. Thanks JFunnyman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to convert to a rinseless wash.

A panel at a time would be the way to go and no worries of water spots.
    That would give you time to wax or just use Aquawax while drying.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you seem to be a Duragloss guy, I'd switch to the DG rinseless wash, which has AquaWax in it already. It will take you a bit to develop your technique, but you should be able to wash much faster and will less waterspotting issues. The kicker is the wheels/tires, because I have a ton of conventional wash, I haven't forced myself yet to perfect a rinseless regimen for wheels, but it can be done.

Or, if you're not wedded to DG products, there are plenty of other rinseless washes, including Optimum.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Since you seem to be a Duragloss guy, I'd switch to the DG rinseless wash, which has AquaWax in it already. It will take you a bit to develop your technique, but you should be able to wash much faster and will less waterspotting issues. The kicker is the wheels/tires, because I have a ton of conventional wash, I haven't forced myself yet to perfect a rinseless regimen for wheels, but it can be done.

Or, if you're not wedded to DG products, there are plenty of other rinseless washes, including Optimum.
    When you say you haven't perfected your technique what exactly do you mean? Haven't perfected as in you're trying to make your technique more effective, or as in it leaves water spots or something? I have black painted rims that show water spots really easily.

I'm not tied to any specific brand, I just happened to pick up those two at a car care shop on a recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Hydro Blue or Hydro2o. Wash, rinse ,spray with Hydro, rinse, dry, your done and protected for a month or two.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Try Hydro Blue or Hydro2o. Wash, rinse ,spray with Hydro, dry, your done and protected for a month or two.
    How is the gloss with those?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFunnyman View Post
    When you say you haven't perfected your technique what exactly do you mean? Haven't perfected as in you're trying to make your technique more effective, or as in it leaves water spots or something? I have black painted rims that show water spots really easily.
    No, no water spots, just wheels and tires have different kinds of soil, usually, than the rest of the car, you frequently use harsh cleaners on them, it's just different with rinseless, different things to think about, different products perhaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Fastest would be duragloss rinseless with the aquawax already in it. Or the optimum rinseless wash and wax.

Both are rinseless products with protection some say ample enough if used on a regular basis

Let’s face it a multi bucket hose wash takes time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Washing your car weekly doesn’t count as lazy. LOL

The Rinseless Wash and Wax option might be the best. And use some version of the Garry Dean multiple wash towels in one bucket with your “soap” method so you are not spending time rinsing your towels.

You get a fresh towel that’s been soaking in your rinseless wash, fold it so you have several sides. Apply the wash to your car and use a drying towel to wipe it off. Flip your wash towel to a clean side and repeat. When all sides are dirty, put that towel aside and get a new one, etc etc etc...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast