autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modern Alternative to Klasse AIO + SG?

I used to use the Klasse twins, but I've since switched to Collinite 845. There's a really good thread on here that compared the two over the course of a winter, and they both performed about the same. For me, that sealed the deal.

However, in the name of the hobby and trying new things, I'd like to try Menzera Power Lock next.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I'm testing several of these products now for automatic touch free wash durability and contributing this info to Rippy's excellent longevity study. My posts start at page 34, but Rippy has compiled data like a research scientist complete with a spreadsheet

Cliff notes on my experiment:

• The protective qualities of several popular AIOs, including Klasse, failed in only three washes. Duragloss 501 is the most durable AIO Ive tested and provides excellent chemical cleaning- no need to top IMO
    • IMO, no way UFF is not going to get you through six months. It might work for a monthly application though. Sonax PNS might get you through the season.
    • Jescar powerlock is an awesome sealant. Supposedly it has been formulated to laster longer than it's Menzerna "parent".
    • Collonite 845 is a durability legend for a reason and at this point I predict will last longer than all.

Sealant comparison

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregpack View Post
    Guys, I'm testing several of these products now for automatic touch free wash durability and contributing this info to Rippy's excellent longevity study. My posts start at page 34, but Rippy has compiled data like a research scientist complete with a spreadsheet

Cliff notes on my experiment:

• The protective qualities of several popular AIOs, including Klasse, failed in only three washes. Duragloss 501 is the most durable AIO Ive tested and provides excellent chemical cleaning- no need to top IMO
    • IMO, no way UFF is not going to get you through six months. It might work for a monthly application though. Sonax PNS might get you through the season.
    • Jescar powerlock is an awesome sealant. Supposedly it has been formulated to laster longer than it's Menzerna "parent".
    • Collonite 845 is a durability legend for a reason and at this point I predict will last longer than all.

Sealant comparison
    Wow, great stuff. I'll dig into this some more, but it looks like Power Lock is a strong contender. I'll give that a whirl and see how it compares.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll add another endorsement for 845, though it is far from being a modern alternative if I understand the history of the company and the product correctly.

There are quite a few quality sealants sold here like 845 which will give you the same (or better) 6 month durability without having to go through the "prep" step of using AIO. I think that alone lead me to branch out after using the Klasse twins for nearly 10 years. If I was in the hunt for a sealant today and looking to try something new, I'd give Powerlock, Sonax PNS, or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant a try.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123