autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultra High Gloss recommendations please

I think I saw somewhere a poster talking about a really high gloss wet look wax.
    At the time I thought thats a waste of time ... Collinite 476S looks Fabulous, why would anyone need more??

However, Having jewelled most of the car with 3M Ultrafina SE and an Ultrafina pad, I was really really pleased, it really added a sort of “POP” to the glossy look.

However after applying my 3 coats of pre winter Collinite 476S protection, yes its lovely and greasy, and shines very well. But It seemed to have muted down the “uber pop” like shine the Ultrafina left.

its still a great finish ... just a shame not to maintain the amazing shiny look I got just after jewelling it with Ultrafina SE.
    after applying the 3 coatings of Collinite, its still a good finish but just about better than it was before machine polishing it.(note the S Class paint was previously in an excellent and a waxed condition)

At first I assumed, applying the wax with a Rupes white ultrafine soft pad, this had slightly hazed off the Ultrafina finish. So tried 2 panels applying the wax manually, with very soft microfibre foam pads. and got the Same effect!

So I am ideally looking for a wax or sealant that buffs off to deliver that glossy wet look shine, and then apply Collinite on top!
    Or even a sort of sacrificial layer one waxes over the Collinite, as long as it doesnt degrade the staying power of the Collinite! ( the latter being the most important over the Winter .... as she lives outside!

I wont compromise the Collinite barrier, as tbh imo nothing lasts nearly as well.
    I just wondered if there was a product that puts back the amazing ultra glossy shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultra High Gloss recommendations please

You should look into the collinite No. 915 its there high carnuba show wax, I believe it provides the most gloss of all there waxes/sealants. I have used it on my black vehicles with great durability for what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try toppers on the Collinite, versus Collinite on top (in which case I believe Collinite will dominate the look). Depending on paint color, substituting to 915 or 845 instead may help.

Toppers that could change the paints’ look to more glossy include: Pinnacle Souveran spray wax, PA High Gloss, PA Gold Zircon, Fuzion Spray wax, Optimum Car Wax, Duragloss Aquawax, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I would try toppers on the Collinite, versus Collinite on top (in which case I believe Collinite will dominate the look). Depending on paint color, substituting to 915 or 845 instead may help.

Toppers that could change the paints’ look to more glossy include: Pinnacle Souveran spray wax, PA High Gloss, PA Gold Zircon, Fuzion Spray wax, Optimum Car Wax, Duragloss Aquawax, etc.
    Thanks would these toppers damage the Collinites longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by infosponge View Post
    You should look into the collinite No. 915 its there high carnuba show wax, I believe it provides the most gloss of all there waxes/sealants. I have used it on my black vehicles with great durability for what it is.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Thanks would these toppers damage the Collinites longevity?
    Nope. Not in my experience.

I top 476 with DG Aquawax. Makes my metallic pop like crazy. Gloss is very nice.

As for longevity, I did a full decon, clay, polish and coat of 476 on June 7th. Beading is still incredible.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultrafina is oily and has some filling effect. Did you do an IPA wipe down before applying Collinite? If not, Collinite might have muted the finish by removing the oils in the polish. Hope that makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nope. Not in my experience.

I top 476 with DG Aquawax. Makes my metallic pop like crazy. Gloss is very nice.

As for longevity, I did a full decon, clay, polish and coat of 476 on June 7th. Beading is still incredible.
    Agreed. These toppers won’t hurt your Collinite.

Post Thanks / Like

Oils don’t really last from the 3m finishing stuff. Looks great initially though

The durable stuff doesn’t typically have an overly wet oily look so it will actually tone down the gloss. Usually the highest point of gloss on your paint (as read by a gloss meter) is when it’s freshly polished. Once you top it, it will decrease

I think DG111 or 105 look better than 476 and last longer for me too especially if you mix with DG 601

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, Rollo, Rsurfer, Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle souveran waxes are awesome gloss products. Use the paste or liquid and refresh with Souveran spray and or crystal mist QD. Easy products to use and the results are beautiful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast