autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone using anti-vibration gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    IMO:
    They’re very helpful for those that
    suffer from Peripheral Neuropathy,
    Vibration White Finger, and/or other
    dibilitating nerve-affecting diseases.

Hope you are never impacted
    in such a way.

Bob
    I can say from long experience that having nerve issues is not fun. I've got nerve damage in both of my arms and tend to wear gloves whenever working with anything that vibrates, including holding on to a steering wheel when driving. I can't click on a computer mouse (at all) or type on a physical keyboard (for very long) and instead have to use a Microsoft Surface tablet for work. Using smartphones and tablets (instead of a conventional computer) has helped me significantly.

Last year I remember not having gloves when I drove a Nissan Altima rental car from my home in Texas to Missouri and then back again in one day. I think it was over 700 miles in less than 24 hours and feeling the vibration of the steering wheel was more than uncomfortable.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone using anti-vibration gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by osiapstndp View Post
    I can say from long experience that having nerve issues is not fun. I've got nerve damage in both of my arms and tend to wear gloves whenever working with anything that vibrates, including holding on to a steering wheel when driving. I can't click on a computer mouse (at all) or type on a physical keyboard (for very long) and instead have to use a Microsoft Surface tablet for work. Using smartphones and tablets (instead of a conventional computer) has helped me significantly.

Last year I remember not having gloves when I drove a Nissan Altima rental car from my home in Texas to Missouri and then back again in one day. I think it was over 700 miles in less than 24 hours and feeling the vibration of the steering wheel was more than uncomfortable.
    I wish you well, man. That has to be a really hard condition to deal with on a daily basis, let alone while using a machine like a polisher.

I do not use gloves while using any tool(s). But, I do own the Griot's gloves. Why, you ask? Because they put me over the limit for free shipping on their site. Lol

They are really nice gloves. Not "Pre-curved" as mentioned above, or anything astronomically better than standard, but very well made. Padding on the palms in the places you need it, soft insides, and comfortable.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Thanks Maxreed241, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes osiapstndp liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12