autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

What's going on with the pictures lately?

Is this AGO trying to tell everyone to leave and find a new place... we're taking too much bandwidth?!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've seen that from time to time as wellWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

doing a '14 Triumph Rocket for my nephew, this is the first time i've done a free job for someone and had them come and help, i was glad for the hand, but he actually just kinda slowed me down, I enjoyed the visit though and I think he may have gotten the detailing bug

he really enjoyed the process and I had him polish his side panels, taught him the right technique, showed him how to do it first, then had him repeat the steps on the parts he was working on....we spent some time talking machines, pads, abrasives, etc

was really enjoyable introducing someone to the basics

4. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the initial water behavior. 3 parts
    DIY 8 YEAR CERAMIC NON CONTACT/NO CHEMS WASH/WATER BEHAVIOR - YouTube

6. Likes SNP209, DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Initial water behavior looks good

8. Thanks DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While my Dad is away on vacation in Fiji for two weeks I'm going to do a full wash, decon, polish, and apply Gyeon Mohs EVO to his 2015 Merc C300 as a Father's Day surprise.

The paint is in really rough shape. Some damage left by a hack job of a body shop/detailer who repaired the front passenger front fender after a wheelbarrow hung on the wall above the car in the garage fell onto it. They left a combination of unfinished sanding, truly awful rotary polisher holograms over large sections of the car, and burn through on some edges. Likely the majority of the damage though has been caused by a rough bristle broom being used a snow brush for a couple of years until I implored him to use a Snow Joe snow broom instead. He did buy the car lightly used before I got into detailing so I have no idea what the condition of the car was when he bought it.

Tonight after work I did a thorough wash, but ran out of sunlight to go any further. Tomorrow I'll be doing the chemical decontamination and clay towel and/or clay bar if the towel isn't enough.

I have two weeks to get this done so once the washing and decontamination is done I'll be polishing a panel or two each evening. Plan is to do a one step with Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Microfiber Pads and Scholl S20 Black. I'm not looking for perfection but to get rid of near 75% of the swirls, scratches, and holograms. At this point any improvement is going to make a massive difference in how the car looks. I also have Rupes Yellow pads and Sonax Perfect Finish and NV Finesse, but I thought I'd need something a bit stronger than either of those.

My new Harbor Freight Hercules Forced Rotation polisher will finally see some use, so I'll also be able to give my impressions of it in the thread about it. Though my only point of comparison is my Rupes Duetto.

10. Likes Big Dave, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm cleaning the roof of the FJ today, unlike the rest of the paint, the white roof is single stage. I'm using Carpro Essence with my Shinemate RO and their yellow diamond pads and a white foam puck for the tighter areas. It was coated with 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating quite a while back, and that brought a darkness to the paint which the Essence is removing, also probably a layer of contamination, but it was still very glossy. You can see it in the first pic, right side done, left side is next.

The question is what to put on top to protect it, I'm partial to the Collinite 845 as that's what's on the rest of the car already, but I'm open to opinions, what I have available is in the last pic, the Dodo Juice pot on the right is Light Fantastic, it's a soft wax. The Iron Gloss I doubt I'd use, I don't want to put something dark on it again.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

12. Likes SNP209, DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sandro tests Jet and Lustre and Jet performed about as good. But no cigar. I guess I would just pay the extra $8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Sandro tests Jet and Lustre and Jet performed about as good. But no cigar. I guess I would just pay the extra $8
    Compared to Lustre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

YES LUSTERE JUST BEAT IT SLIGHTLY BUT ENOUGH TO ME TO JUSTIFY THE ADDITIONAL COSTS.

Page 1026 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 2652692697610161017101810191020102110221023102410251026102710281029103010311032103310341035103610761126 ... LastLast