autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I should really do the doors on the old man's Ford ute but bloody Tasmania weather it's always going to get wet, what's the products name and does it live upto the hype
    So far I'm very happy with it, the FJs door interiors are all plastic, and they've been rained on a few times, absolutely no streaking, and it's lasted 2 months or so. I previously used 303 Aerospace Protectant, its slightly easier to apply, might look marginally better, but streaks when wet and doesn't last as long.

It's called Hybrid Solutions Graphene +Ceramic Inside Job. I'm guessing it's from Turtle Wax as it has a picture of a turtle on it. I got it at Autobarn, I can't remember how much, but it was on one of there 20% off days.

On the bat flu, I've now lost most of my sense of smell, most things are odourless, although I can still smell the Krystal Klean Bubblegum Blitz, but it doesn't smell like bubblegum anymore. At least I can still taste things though, so that's ok.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB, Tasmania, CleanIT, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Monthly feeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's $9.99 a month for the 1st 2 monthes, once a day usage and after that it's $35.00. This is for the top wash too, $16.00 a pop and I'm not sure how they come out ahead but that's on themWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Most people will only go 2-3 times a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wiped down the plastic GM interior with Ech20. Leaves a nice matte look that darkens the plastic.

5. Likes DFB, Big Dave, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i lost taste and smell plus hearing i'm assuming from sinus infection
    I'm trying AutoGlanz Moonshine glass cleaner i think it's just Vodka.

Might even try to see if it will run the ride on...think back to future part lll
    where Marty and the doc try to start the car because they ran out of fuel

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vacuumed the carpets, mats and seats in the Qashqai, picked up enough lolly wrappers and drink bottle seals off the back floor to know I'll have to have a quiet word with the nephew, no more hot wheels if it keeps happening.

Also vacuumed the FJ again, didn't need it though, and to redo the doors with TWHS Inside Job, says it's good for leather too, so I tried it on the steering wheel, only thing that's leather in the FJ. Feels good, less slip, more grip.

Can you tell I'm getting bored?

9. Likes Tasmania, dgage, DFB, CleanIT, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed, inspected, and folded another order of my new "wash mitts". I tried the method of using 1 mf towel per panel instead of a single wash mitt after noticing a very very light maring on the entire surface of the buick. Its black so i personally notice it plain as day. I have since stopped using a wash mitt on all 3 of our vehicles, and now towels only and really enjoy this method.

Loving these 3D 400gsm mf towels.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

11. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Prepped this yesterday for a polish and coat.

13. Likes opie, oneheadlite, Big Dave, SNP209, DFB and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gave the FJ a 2B wash with Reset. Very windy today, half the water ended up on me when I was trying to rinse it off. So I moved it into the garage to dry it. Thought I'd do the black trim while I had it inside, but what to use. Decided on Mother's CMX Ceramic Trim Restore & Coat, even took the spare off to access all the trim on the back door. Still early in the afternoon so I coated the painted surfaces with NV Lustre.

15. Likes opie, Tasmania, DFB, dgage, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Most people will only go 2-3 times a month.

While that is true people like us are not most people, lolWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I usually go every day and if I don't I will run my workman through it or take my girlfriend's car through it so I'm making out like a bandit! This has more to do with trying to stay on top of that stupid sap tree behind my house.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Got to work on this 1959 Volvo this morning. He was looking for paint enhancement for the most part but had some tape lines on it too. I was going to pre-wash/2BM the car but his hose didn't work, no problem I always have enough WW and mf towels in the EN to do an emergency wash, always preparedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? The owner had never seen a WW and was impressed and said thr car looked better already, LOL. I then clayed it using a Griot's Garage aggressive clay MIT. It's really not too bad but my clay lube has WGU infused in it...NO PROBLEM What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It was then time for the polishing and since this was enhancement it was a perfect time for 3D Speed and once again it killed itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I did half of the trunk and asked the owner to come over and look...he was VERY happy! I used both of Griot's Garage machines, orange flat pads speed setting @5 for both machines.

When I was done the owner asked me what do I owe you and I said pay me what you think it's worth. I came back in and he handed me $350 and I said that's $100 more than I was expecting and I gave him $100 back and instead he took the $50, so $300 it was. The owner is a very nice guy, originally from Sweden and retired, has 4 of these Volvos, plus a new to him S40 wagon that needs some attention, so I'll probably get more work from himWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

18. Likes Eldorado2k, dgage, Big Dave, opie, Jayfro and 4 others liked this post
Page 889 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 389789839879880881882883884885886887888889890891892893894895896897898899939989 ... LastLast