autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This weekend I used BH Touch-less for the first time. I was too lazy to dilute it as recommended(using PIR) so I just did what I always do, start with 1oz in about 28oz of water and adjust going forward as needed. May try a little less today and make sure to keep it wet, I think it dried in a couple spots as I had some dull splotchy staining on my exterior trim pieces in a few areas. Nothing 303 Aerospace couldn't quickly erase.

Other than the light splotching on trim it worked as advertised. The day before I killed thousands of NE Ohio bugs with my car and the Touch-less, for the most part, broke all the bug guts down. If I get to it today it will be quick for sure, just a days worth of road film from wet roads. BH Touch-less. Rinse. Wipe-down with Optimum ID&GE. Good til Thursday's rain.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

2. Likes CleanIT, MisterSnoop, Uncbrs, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    This weekend I used BH Touch-less for the first time. I was too lazy to dilute it as recommended(using PIR) so I just did what I always do, start with 1oz in about 28oz of water and adjust going forward as needed. May try a little less today and make sure to keep it wet, I think it dried in a couple spots as I had some dull splotchy staining on my exterior trim pieces in a few areas. Nothing 303 Aerospace couldn't quickly erase.

Other than the light splotching on trim it worked as advertised. The day before I killed thousands of NE Ohio bugs with my car and the Touch-less, for the most part, broke all the bug guts down. If I get to it today it will be quick for sure, just a days worth of road film from wet roads. BH Touch-less. Rinse. Wipe-down with Optimum ID&GE. Good til Thursday's rain.
    That touchless is a nice product. Im almost outta my first mix which i have in a 2 gallon pump sprayer(not a foamer). It works awesome. I think i put about 9 oz of touchless in, It's a little less than the recommended 4% CIR

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post

Was that in a pump up foamer?

Post Thanks / Like

I was sent some Glaco Soft 99 to try out by a friend, he knows I'm a bit obsessive about clean glass. I watched some videos, found some translated instructions, and thought, why not. So I tried it on the Qashqai tonight.

I gave the glass a thorough cleaning with Carpro Eraser, first with a glass cloth then again with a magic eraser. Applied Glaco with it's own built in applicator, let it haze for about 10 mins, then buffed it off with a lint free cloth. Overall very similar to application to RainX, but alot harder to buff off, could be because I didn't let it sit long enough, or too long, or just because it's only about 10C tonight.

I didn't mind the extra effort required, it actually feels like a hard coating, if you know what I mean. I really want to try it on the FJ now, but I'll have to wait till the weekend. Meanwhile the garage smells like Carpro Eraser, and that's not a bad thing.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

6. Likes SNP209, dgage, Uncbrs, Tasmania, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If I’m using a touchless wash I’ll foam with BHAF and hit the wheels with full strength BB before running through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I plan on doing just that come winter time, once a week, the other days will be just running it through. This touch-free wash will keep my EN clean...top side and bottom side What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I see you got sucked onto the TRC hype train for this What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    I take it your not a fan GuzWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I take it your not a fan GuzWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Nope. TRC hypes too many things in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I think I fell into another rabbit hole!

My roof rails haven’t looked very good in a long time as well as some of the window trim, I’ve tried apc diluted and at full strength, wax remover all with a toothbrush with very little success.

It all started last night watching a YouTube video from a very reputable detailer out of New York working on a Porsche in CA, one of his fellow detailers working on the car was trying to cleanup the oxidized trim with little success as well, he then switched to using a compound/polish using a MF towel and worked like a champ too!

Well this afternoon I said let’s give this a try, I whipped out Pinnacle Compound then switched to 3D Speed for a little better cleaning abilities. First thing I noticed this is very tedious and time consuming and the tip of your finger gets a little sore to say the least but the results are very gratifying.

I think I have about 90-120 minutes invested into this rabbit hole so far and I’ve only completed the drivers side roof rail trim, drivers door black trim, and a piece of the back door corner!

At this pace, I think I may finish it by 2024, but damn it looks good! Unfortunately the nighttime pics aren’t as dramatic compared to daytime but…enjoy!
    Drivers side:

Passenger side still untouched:

Back window trim

Front door edge

Trim by windshield with blackfire tire and trim sealant

And now I get to clean up the residue…I’ll be finished when my daughter graduates Ole Miss in three years unless they put me in a “home”!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I think I fell into another rabbit hole!

My roof rails haven’t looked very good in a long time as well as some of the window trim, I’ve tried apc diluted and at full strength, wax remover all with a toothbrush with very little success.

It all started last night watching a YouTube video from a very reputable detailer out of New York working on a Porsche in CA, one of his fellow detailers working on the car was trying to cleanup the oxidized trim with little success as well, he then switched to using a compound/polish using a MF towel and worked like a champ too!

Well this afternoon I said let’s give this a try, I whipped out Pinnacle Compound then switched to 3D Speed for a little better cleaning abilities. First thing I noticed this is very tedious and time consuming and the tip of your finger gets a little sore to say the least but the results are very gratifying.

I think I have about 90-120 minutes invested into this rabbit hole so far and I’ve only completed the drivers side roof rail trim, drivers door black trim, and a piece of the back door corner!

At this pace, I think I may finish it by 2024, but damn it looks good! Unfortunately the nighttime pics aren’t as dramatic compared to daytime but…enjoy!
    Drivers side:

Passenger side still untouched:

Back window trim

Front door edge

Trim by windshield with blackfire tire and trim sealant

And now I get to clean up the residue…I’ll be finished when my daughter graduates Ole Miss in three years unless they put me in a “home”!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    The roof rails on the Qashqai are a bit rough looking to, never thought of using a compound though. Oh well, I'll put it on the list.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wet magic eraser

15. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
Page 886 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 386786836876877878879880881882883884885886887888889890891892893894895896936986 ... LastLast