autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I busted out the Meg's UWWW to take care of a little grime at the bottom of the rocker panels. I always forget how delicious this stuff smells

On another note, I noticed a bit of the shine on my greasy Endurance Gel had faded away, and I was thinking of just applying another layer of goop over it. Is that ill-advised? I don't feel like scrubbing the old stuff off since that'll take more effort than I'm willing to put in today.
    You can certainly continue adding layers of Endurance. The tradeoff is that Endurance tends to trap dirt and dust over time, adding more product will allow more dirt and dust to build up. The result will be a muddy appearance. I would after cleaning the tires, apply the product, reapply after the next wash, then re-clean and start over.

2. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

NEVER FAILS! LOL. Did the maintenance wash on the ZR2. As soon as i finished drying it and ready to dress the tires, you guessed it, we had a downpour. Perfect timing. Just redried it, dressed the tires, done! On to grass cutting now...

I am 0 for 2 today. Started the grass and before i could finish, yet another pop-up storm. Waited till it passed and finished. Just one of those days...
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes dgage, Big Dave, DFB, seabiscut88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You’re better than me. I’m 0 for 0 because it is 94 out. Need to go out and give my new tires their first thorough cleaning and also need to polish the headlights.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, 94 is way too hot! I did not wipe the truck down again! It dried spot free. And the RAIN REPEL in the Duragloss #253 did its job. Tires did not spot or streak.

85 and humid here.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

A neighbor wants his Grand Cherokee done up right. And he wanted to learn as well as get his hands dirty. We washed, iron deconed, and clayed it together. This team effort was WAAAAAAAY better than a solo job, especially in today's heat. Phase 2 will be a light polish (he never drives anywhere and never does a conact wash) followed by CQUK 3.0. He's going to love it.

8. Likes Big Dave, MisterSnoop, dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I busted out the Meg's UWWW to take care of a little grime at the bottom of the rocker panels. I always forget how delicious this stuff smells

On another note, I noticed a bit of the shine on my greasy Endurance Gel had faded away, and I was thinking of just applying another layer of goop over it. Is that ill-advised? I don't feel like scrubbing the old stuff off since that'll take more effort than I'm willing to put in today.
    I don’t clean tires everytime I apply a dressing. Long as your not going months between cleanings you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the EN hasn't been washed in almost a week, so this morning was the dayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started out with 4.5 oz of Griot's Garage foaming surface prep and 1 oz of Koch Chemie GsF in my Griot's Garage foam gun. The EN was gritty and has some sap spray on it, I heard it when I put the wipers into "service mode"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While the pre-wash was breakin' it down I addressed the tires and wheels. I coated the tires a week ago w/ Feynlab Black Velvet Tire Coating and haven't touched them. All 4 brushes got used to clean everything very well. While the wheels were wet I sprayed them down liberally with my 4:1 Meg's HCW mix. I then rinsed down the EN and moved to the next stepWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to add a layer of TWHS Wet Wax to everything and 2 yrs in this product still impresses me to this day. I used 2 plush towels to apply and a larger drying towel for the final buff, soooo easy and satifiyingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Up next was a vac to the interior, wipe the pedals and floormat plate and a wipdown of all interior vinyl/plastic w/TWHS Inside Job. This product leaves the right sheen and scent, awesome! I then applied Gyeon Leather to the seat trim and steering wheel. Finished up w/ 3D Wango Mango interior spray.

Now I can enjoy the 4th of July parade coming past our place in about an hour What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So this was a sap maintence/regain some sanity RW today, Happy 4th of July What did you do today, in regards to detailing? to everyone!

I used Feynlab RW for this and because it's sunny and hot out right now, 1 panel at a time and dried it immediately. The specs of sap didn't have a chance with Feynlab RW, pre-treating as always and used 350 GSM purple Eagle edgeless mf towels, 5 of them.

I used one of my designated tire/wheel mf towels to clean the tires and wheel faces and spokes, no barrels this time because it's "supposed to" rain this week and like I said earlier, had to regain some sanity from these sap specs.

As you can see the single layer of Feynlab Black Velvet Tire Coating is doing well after 3 washes of different types. I'm not saying it's the best but it's not bad either What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes opie, PaulMys, Big Dave, mattmann, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fired up the G8 & removed about 25 years of paint damage from the ZX11

*before*

After polishing, but before wax... this pic just doesn't do it justice.

Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

15. Likes dgage, Big Dave, mattmann, Tasmania, vaca22 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week...quick half-assed clean up. Will get the proper clean up when I have all the fairings off..

Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

17. Likes dgage, Big Dave, mattmann liked this post
Page 874 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 374774824864865866867868869870871872873874875876877878879880881882883884924974 ... LastLast