autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That is a Mustang II, one of the most pathetic cars ever made, based off of a Ford Pinto of all thingsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The only Mustang II I want… lots of motor city roots here.

Restored! That Infamous Ruggirello-Roush Mustang II
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

2. Likes Big Dave, dragan75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a somewhat senior moment...

I have a Griots 3in surface prep pad. It's used on a polisher with QD as lube to clean paint without the ballache of claying it by hand. It says to break it in on glass at first before using it on paint. Decided to do so on the Camaro windshield.
    Get the G8 out & set up all ready to go... then I move the box the G8 came in it feels too heavy for an empty box...
    Pulled out the molded plastic piece in the bottom of the box & found an extension cord... Odd, the G8/G9 kit I bought came with a 25ft extension cord in a separate box. It fits both the G8 & the G9.
    Pulled the G9 box off the shelf, removed polisher & plastic doodad & found ANOTHER extension cord... They're both 12footers.

I've used both polishers a few times since they arrived several days ago, guess I hadn't moved an *empty* box until this afternoon.

& the windshield of the Camaro is probably the cleanest/smoothest it's ever been.

Surface prep pad is supposed to good for 21 vehicles. Never going to use clay by hand ever again.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

4. Likes dgage, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you watched those Yvan LaCriox videos yet as penanceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? One you do the shots will endWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I have not, but the more I hear about him, the more I want to watch. Sounds like a bad car wreck, you know you should stop watching, but you can't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odrapnew View Post
    I have not, but the more I hear about him, the more I want to watch. Sounds like a bad car wreck, you know you should stop watching, but you can't.
    When you see that video on Apex Detailing just remember this...HE NOW RUNS A BUSINESS SHOWING DETAILING SHOPS HOW TO MAKE MORE MONEY! Just don't forget this when you see THE BRUSHWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes dgage, dragan75, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Had a somewhat senior moment...

I have a Griots 3in surface prep pad. It's used on a polisher with QD as lube to clean paint without the ballache of claying it by hand. It says to break it in on glass at first before using it on paint. Decided to do so on the Camaro windshield.
    Get the G8 out & set up all ready to go... then I move the box the G8 came in it feels too heavy for an empty box...
    Pulled out the molded plastic piece in the bottom of the box & found an extension cord... Odd, the G8/G9 kit I bought came with a 25ft extension cord in a separate box. It fits both the G8 & the G9.
    Pulled the G9 box off the shelf, removed polisher & plastic doodad & found ANOTHER extension cord... They're both 12footers.

I've used both polishers a few times since they arrived several days ago, guess I hadn't moved an *empty* box until this afternoon.

& the windshield of the Camaro is probably the cleanest/smoothest it's ever been.

Surface prep pad is supposed to good for 21 vehicles. Never going to use clay by hand ever again.
    The 25 ft cord is also heavier gauge that can be used with the G15/21 if you ever pick those up.

9. Thanks ZRX61 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This guy is really "a piece of work". Because I'm sub'd to Mckee's this infiltrated my email. Growing up a couple houses south of the world famous 8 mile road the working girls out there have NOTHING on this guyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

After days of rain and surely pollen the EN got its FNWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did this a little differently tonight, let me explain. I started by spraying the tires & wheels with TWHS Hyper Foam and let dwell, then rinsed away. I then foamed down the EN using my Griot's Garage foam gun filled w/ 3 oz of Koch Chemie GsF, let dwell and then rinsed away. At this point it looked great but I was already planning a contact wash, but which oneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I added 3 oz of Adam's RW and 3 gallons of water in a single bucket w/grit guard, grabbed my trusty Aqua sponge and got after it. I decided a single bucket and no pre-wash was perfectly fine due to how good a job the Koch Chemie GsF did as a pre-wash AND the car was still wet. I went around the EN quickly and efficiently, saving the wheel face and spokes for last because I didn't use a brush on the rims at all. The rims cleaned up good and I dried them as it was getting dark, we'll see how it goes tomorrow when it's light outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I like changing things up and I'll be running the EN through my favorite Touchless wash Sunday morning and heading to the good monthly C&C hosted by Fuel Fed in Winnetka ILL, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes Uncbrs, dgage, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After days of rain and surely pollen the EN got its FNWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did this a little differently tonight, let me explain. I started by spraying the tires & wheels with TWHS Hyper Foam and let dwell, then rinsed away. I then foamed down the EN using my Griot's Garage foam gun filled w/ 3 oz of Koch Chemie GsF, let dwell and then rinsed away. At this point it looked great but I was already planning a contact wash, but which oneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I liked GSF a lot when I used it last. I have an unwashed white car (over a month now) that was in snow as recently as last week. I'm thinking I'll try the Green Star added to GSF tomorrow and see how it goes. Probably won't have a dirtier opportunity for awhile.

Overall I like a lot of the Koch Chemie offerings.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Notice he never visits Esoteric? Imagine Ivan and Todd together. Oil and water.
    MI would pay to have him visit Todd or Larry from Ammo… both would be a good watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah I know, just wanted to give you a brief history lessonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This guy tried…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes vaca22 liked this post
Page 853 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 353753803843844845846847848849850851852853854855856857858859860861862863903953 ... LastLast