autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Used some Poor Boys Strip down to remove stubborn sap and followed up with Tec582.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Jayfro, Big Dave, Klasse Act, opie, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While vacuuming out the EN a little bit ago I decided to clean the d/s mat real good. I've had the new Griot's Garage foaming carpet cleaner sitting there doing nothing and figured it was time.

I brought it inside and foamed it down and let it dwell. Then a What did you do today, in regards to detailing?went off..."check and see if the old WeatherTechs from the ES fit"What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I grabbed the d/s WeatherTech and put it in, PERFECT FITWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?️I then test fitted the rear one that goes all the way across...PERFECT FITWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's amazing that a car that got a complete make over for the 2021 model year would have the previous generation parts fit, I mean it's a little bigger in all dimensions...thank you HyundaiWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I came back inside and used my Mother's tire and wheel brush to scrub the mat and now it's outside drying in the sun. I'll vac it right before it's reinstalled. I also sprayed Adam's leather scent in the interior and spot cleaned the area around the gas pedal as wellWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm glad I didn't sell off my old WeatherTechs, it's like getting $200 w/o actually getting $200What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes MadMerc, dgage, Uncbrs, Big Dave, SWETM and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got a chance to reverse whatever the dealer did in their "detail". I'm really liking the blue on this car. Pictures aren't great but I was too lazy to pull it back out in the sunlight. Ironically, most of the products I used were also new. The surface is very slick and shinee What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Griot's Surface Prep
    Decon
    Poorboy's Pre-soak foam
    Poorboy's Black Hole
    American Garage Valor Sealant
    Tac Shinee Wax

Griot's Wheel Cleaner
    Adam's Tire Cleaner
    303 Touchless for the wheels
    Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire gel

DP 20/20 Glass Cleaner

I was planning to actually just do Natty's Blue Wax on top of the glaze but the glaze covered enough of the "dealer provided" swirls that I decided to try that new sealant. Went on easy so we'll see how it lasts...or, how long until I add something else at least. Ended up a 5hr endeavor when all said and done. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

6. Likes Klasse Act, dgage, Jayfro, Big Dave, SWETM and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    While vacuuming out the EN a little bit ago I decided to clean the d/s mat real good. I've had the new Griot's Garage foaming carpet cleaner sitting there doing nothing and figured it was time.

I brought it inside and foamed it down and let it dwell. Then a What did you do today, in regards to detailing?went off..."check and see if the old WeatherTechs from the ES fit"What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I grabbed the d/s WeatherTech and put it in, PERFECT FITWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?️I then test fitted the rear one that goes all the way across...PERFECT FITWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's amazing that a car that got a complete make over for the 2021 model year would have the previous generation parts fit, I mean it's a little bigger in all dimensions...thank you HyundaiWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I came back inside and used my Mother's tire and wheel brush to scrub the mat and now it's outside drying in the sun. I'll vac it right before it's reinstalled. I also sprayed Adam's leather scent in the interior and spot cleaned the area around the gas pedal as wellWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm glad I didn't sell off my old WeatherTechs, it's like getting $200 w/o actually getting $200What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I put a brand new Genesis cut trunk mat from WeatherTech in the new X3... fits too well to not keep it. It actually rolls up a little against the back of the rear seats and I can see that being extremely helpful when a muddy stroller gets thrown in there.

Now my spotless TuxMat set (thanks to this OCD cleaning forum) was an easy sell in a Genesis group online. Ended up costing me only $50 to use them a year.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

8. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tux mats look awesome! Derek0609 has them and loves them! He's had nothing but bad luck w/ WeatherTechs, even the warrantied ones curled up.

I've had good luck with mine but they're only used during the winter monthes anywaysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes Uncbrs, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my new wash setup mounted.
    No fancy hard plumbing but not a single leak!
    Hose reel is a game changer!

12. Likes Uncbrs, Klasse Act, Jayfro, opie, Big Dave and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Usual maintenance wash, foamed with hyper wash and did a contact wash also via bucket o' mitts method. Dried with the Ego wiped down with a 16x16 PFM and some spritzes of a homebrew qd. LSP is meguiar's hybrid paint coating.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

14. Likes Big Dave, opie, SWETM, DFB, Uncbrs and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out what my test spot revealed. This should be fun. Lol.

16. Likes Big Dave, Uncbrs, SNP209, SWETM, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Check out what my test spot revealed. This should be fun. Lol.

But very “rewarding “!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

18. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    But very “rewarding “!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I wasn’t expecting this. It was dropped off last night so I never got a chance to look at the paint only felt it. My 1st thought was clearcoat failure, interior job.

But as I got a closer look at it today I thought hey maybe there’s a chance for an extreme makeover here. I hadn’t even started on the outside but couldn’t wait and pulled out the polisher for a test spot.

The owners having the car detailed for his gf. They’re going to be thrilled with the results.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

20. Likes DFB, SWETM liked this post
Page 847 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 347747797837838839840841842843844845846847848849850851852853854855856857897947 ... LastLast