autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Tried some of the American Detailer Garage Fuzion Hybrid Wash.
    Wanted a foaming rinseless/washless product to prespray for some reason.

Wife told me "Thats going to be a huge mess!" and she was right.
    Wouldn't be good for a washless solution, but really good for a rinseless or traditional wash pre-soak.
    Foams up real good in an IK sprayer. Smells pretty good, very neutral which I like.
    Have no idea if it actually helps things get cleaner, but it makes me feel better

2. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've entered into a new detailing challenge. Once I started getting back into this rabbit hole habit I thought I'd go back to a white car eventually...well, family needs dictated moving on from the Genesis but I found this blue X3 M40i in a blue that reminded me of my all time favorite Jeep Cherokee in Patriot Blue. (I actually sanded and prepped my '92 Cherokee ahead of the Patriot Blue repaint way back in the day 20yrs ago).

So the new adventure begins with a Phytonic Blue Metallic BMW paint. I'm pleasantly surprised with the dealer detail but just picked it up tonight so I'm guessing once I dive in to do it my way I'll find nit picky things to stress over...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

4. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, SWETM, Jayfro, dgage and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Explorer got the 'works.'
    Wash, Griots 3-in-1 on the paint and wheels, wiped down the interior (just damp microfiber), also rotated tires. Not the best pic.

First wash of the season for my 'hog.'
    Got a coat of Griots 3-in-1 ceramic as well.
    Still looks good for a 16yr old bike if you ask me.

Edge got a hose off at the DIY wash to blast off the heavy pollen water spots and then a rinseless.

Might be hard to see, but 3 hrs later, stupid pollen already collecting on the roof.

6. Likes Big Dave, dgage, SNP209, oneheadlite, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Normal maintenance wash on the ZR2. In the sun Did the door weatherstripping with gummi pfldge. Another coat of wolfstiens tonneau cover protectant.

More thoughts on the TWHS Graphene tire shine....

It is the real deal! Just looks like i applied it after one week. And it has gone thru rain storms unaffected. 0% sling off. In real world testing, i would say you could go 3-4 weeks just using soap & water to clean the tires. If you have OCD it's so easy to just freshen it with a quick application.

Been having slight wiper judder. So stripped clean with Stoners glass stripper. Then i still had some DP glass coating. So coated the windshield with that. Tested. Seems fine now. I believe DP & Mc Kees 37 were both noted not to cause the wiper judder.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

8. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After 3 days of pollen raining on the EN I HAD to wash it, it looked used and abused, horrible! The combo of pollen and small, glistening dots of sap were too much to take anymoreWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to use my Griot's Garage foam gun w/ 32 oz of water and 3 oz of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam, I went all in here, don't know the PIR ratio and don't care! I will say I went through that full bottle pretty quickly but still got it done, a short dwell time and rinsed away, water beading nicelyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up were the tires and wheels and for this I used TWHS Hyper Foam Tire and Wheel cleaner and as always it didn't disappoint! I used 3 of 4 brushes and rinsed them clean. I dried the EN w/ the Sucker drying towel and designated mf towel for the tires and wheels. Ofcoarse the jams were dried out tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finishing up I applied a light coat of 303 Tire Balm to tires and finished up trying a new product...3D Bead it UpWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?I've gotta say this was a dream to use, so EASY to apply and wipe in! Do I need more protection, he'll yeah with this damn pollen, I'm not even playin' around hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now the EN is ready for the drive across town tomorrow morning to Fuel Fed C&C in Hinsdale where my daughter, g/f and I look forward to a good time and see some people I haven't seen in a while, oh yeah the cars too! I'll be taking some good pics tomorrow morning, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes Uncbrs, dgage, Jayfro, SWETM, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Wouldn't be good for a washless solution,

Washless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I applied meguiar's hybrid paint coating last week and conducted the first wash earlier today.

Foamed with hyper wash and did a multiple mitt wash as well.

The hydrophobics of meg's hpc are impressive and so far it feels slick to the touch. We had a light drizzle a few days ago that left a mess on the paint and thankfully there wasn't any etching. So far so good!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

13. Likes Big Dave, SWETM, DFB, dgage, Uncbrs and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to wash the mud off the FJ from last weekend, well, the mud that didn't fall off with the rain last week.

Foamed it with Carpro Lift.

2B wash with Carpro Reset.

Dried with Super Cell drying towel, love how absorbent and soft this thing is, just flick it out and pull it back, no pressure on the paint.

Took the dogs for their morning walk.

Applied another coat of 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating, why not.

Qashqai came back from an overnight run down the freeway with a present. Gave it an ONR wipe down, soaked the contaminated areas for a few minutes before wiping.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

15. Likes Tasmania, SNP209, SWETM, DFB, dgage and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some maintance washes. The Hyundai i40 and Kia cee'd got some deserved care. BH Auto-Foam and Carpro Reset for the bucket wash with multible wash mitts/pads. BH Auto-Wheel and only agitations on the barrels is needed. And BH Surfex HD 1:10 on the tires and wheel houses. Checked for any tar spots and iron particals and yeay not a spot. Freshed up the LSP with Gyeon Wet Coat.

Pollen beading after a rainy night LOL

After BH Auto-Wheel and Surfex HD I don't rinse it off. Just foam over it What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Some beading from Gyeon Wet Coat

Noticed that the i40 is needed to be polished. I have just tested some spots. And you see that the LSP fails way faster than the others does. The Kia cee'd got a 2-step polish last year and it where in a bad shape from swirl-o-matic washes. Finished with Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Polish & Wax and used Ceramic Spray Coating on it. Then various toppers during the little over a year. I've decided on Carpro Essence and SiC that I have at home. The i40 I'm not sure on yet. Depends how I like Essence and some other things. Can Coat EVO is one that is high on the list. But it's going to be interesting to see how Ultracoat Carbon behaves during the first wash. It where so easy to work with and I liked it a lot and it's quite cheap as well for around $45 30ml.

Skickat frĺn min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

17. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, DFB, dgage, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maintenance wash yesterday. The first wheel was tough to get clean due to sprayer issues. I have a bottle of Griot's wheel cleaner that I refilled (just once so far) with Meg D143. I had just replaced the sprayer because it wouldn't draw any liquid out of the bottle to spray. The replacement sprayer broke and the replacement to that had the same issue as the first. So I had to find another bottle and got a Griot's compact sprayer for it.

19. Likes DFB, Big Dave, Uncbrs, SWETM, opie liked this post
Page 842 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 342742792832833834835836837838839840841842843844845846847848849850851852892942 ... LastLast