autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I didn’t know P&S Express had an additive that turned purple when iron was present. Always learning something new.
    It's the brake dust on the center console that has me worried...

2. Likes dgage, opie, Coatingsarecrack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Thankyou!! I will give some credit to the owner as he does keep his stuff clean inside and out...so its never thrashed but it was dirty. its always hand washed through out the year but thats all the more it gets...so i wanted to give it some protection that will last hopefully till next year

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    What did you think of CC application? How’d it look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Would you say it’s better than meg’s?

Oooo, that's a tough one.

I like using both, but I like using InnerQD more.

InnerQD has a more noticeable lemon scent and feels better on the towel (sorry, that is hard to describe so you will have to take my word for it).

Price between the two in retail sizes (500ml for InnerQD, 473ml for QID) is not as far apart as you guys in the USA, InnerQD is $28.95 and QID is $22 - $28 depending on sales.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Oooo, that's a tough one.

I like using both, but I like using InnerQD more.

InnerQD has a more noticeable lemon scent and feels better on the towel (sorry, that is hard to describe so you will have to take my word for it).

Price between the two in retail sizes (500ml for InnerQD, 473ml for QID) is not as far apart as you guys in the USA, InnerQD is $28.95 and QID is $22 - $28 depending on sales.
    Yikes! I hope that’s not USD.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! I hope that’s not USD.

Australian dollar. We get screwed on everything here.

7. Likes Big Dave, opie, SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you think of CC application? How’d it look?

It did add gloss for sure but I was expecting more gloss/glass look than i actually got. But that could be due to the fact that my application process was the same as if i was applying a full on ceramic coating, So in my head im watching the product go on the panel and expecting the usual deep soaking wet candy gloss look and slick surface. Thats my own fault there.

Now dont get me wrong i will certainly be using/puchasing more of this product in the future.

It was super easy to apply. Just wait a few seconds after appling and wipe off.

I did not however feel any added slickness to the surface during and after application.
    Maybe that comes later after it cures? I have no idea.

Cant wait to try it out as a topper and a stand alone on our own vehicles to i can rate everything its said it can do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Worked on a truly special car for a friend. A beautiful 1983 Porsche 911 CS with just about 100k miles on it. This is a really nicely kept car with it's original 40 year old single stage paint still showing through all it's glory. I normally don't do mid-week details but my friend is taking this car to his new home in Irvine and it is leaving on a trailer Monday. Believe it or not, this will be his daily driver out there as his weekend car is his red Ferrari Testarossa. Tonight is the last night I'll have it thus the GYEON Pure Evo Coating will be applied today.

Thus far it's been washed, decontaminated and prepped for the Preservation Work I'm doing to it. Paint was nourished with Meg's #7 for 24hrs then wiped down in prep for the polish. As shown, it's my Flex XCE and Orange LC Pads paired with GYEON Primer doing the work. This is a full swirl removal polish but my approach in these vintage "paint preservation" packages is just that. Prepped for a coating to help lock in a preserve the finish. There will be remaining RIDS that I did not recommend be chased down.

Black metal window trim was polished and all seals were treated with BrightMax Rubber conditioner. Black trim was restored with Cquartz Dlux. Wheels have been coated with GYEON Q2 RIM. Windows were all cleaned with 0000 steel wool, stripped with 3D Eraser Gel and sealed up with Rust Oleum's Neverwet for Glass. Last remaining steps will be the paint coating. Stay tuned for more.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Ferrari owners....THIS ^^^^ is how a classic CAN look when driven! Another Porsche classic w/ miles on it, what a concept What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ferrari owners....THIS ^^^^ is how a classic CAN look when driven! Another Porsche classic w/ miles on it, what a concept What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Most of my friends and fellow racing enthusiasts DRIVE their cars. Notice his car is lowered and has studs......think AutoCross. He tracks the car too and runs a new suspension wheels and brakes, etc. This car is enjoyed.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Worked on a truly special car for a friend. A beautiful 1983 Porsche 911 CS with just about 100k miles on it. This is a really nicely kept car with it's original 40 year old single stage paint still showing through all it's glory. ...
    Looking fantastic as always!

Love me a 930 911. A while back when I was looking to add a fun car back to the stable (cleared car inventory to buy a house), 930's were on the list. In the end, an E30 M3 followed me home (later joined by an E36 M3 to relieve it from track/Auto X duty).

Seems like you don't see a lot of old 911's running around any more! Happy to hear he's out there using his!

14. Likes TTQ B4U, SWETM liked this post
Page 802 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 302702752792793794795796797798799800801802803804805806807808809810811812852902 ... LastLast