autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I accidentally posted this in the non detailing section earlier. I decided to try the new Gloss Coat that was recently reformulated a few months ago. Truck was prepped with Hyper Polish and OPT Pain Prep. I applied 2 coats, an hour apart. It rained 24 hours later and I grabbed a beading shot. I drove the truck shortly after to dry it. Shower was brief. Application was simple, however I didn`t use quite enough product. Only 8cc`s were used so I`m not expecting the longevity to hit 2 years. I probably should have used at least 10cc's.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_3842-1-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_3844-1-jpg

2. Likes opie, Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I accidentally posted this in the non detailing section earlier. I decided to try the new Gloss Coat that was recently reformulated a few months ago. Truck was prepped with Hyper Polish and OPT Pain Prep. I applied 2 coats, an hour apart. It rained 24 hours later and I grabbed a beading shot. I drove the truck shortly after to dry it. Shower was brief. Application was simple, however I didn`t use quite enough product. Only 8cc`s were used so I`m not expecting the longevity to hit 2 years. I probably should have used at least 10cc's.

Just do another coat What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Just do another coat What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I think the time frame is within the first two hours and that initial coat is likely most important.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post

If you got it spread out and even coverage you will be fine. Laying it on thicker doeasn’t increase durability. Doing a second coat might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't happy with the patchy results from my last application of 303 on my tyres, and there was still some mud hiding in some nooks and crannies. I also noticed I got some over spray on the upwind side, all the way up to the roof. So I cleaned the tyres with some Carpro Eraser and a scrubbing brush. Then reapplied the 303 in the garage, let it soak in for an hour, then removed the excess. Then wiped the whole car over with Bowden's Boss Gloss, to remove any more over spray.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211026_153148-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211026_153305-jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

9. Likes Uncbrs, dgage, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed the XR8 and Ranger today. The weather was perfection today, sunny skies and 22 deg C / 72 deg F.

This is beading is after applying Gyeon Q2 Wax -

I also continued to trail P&S Dream Maker on the Ranger.

11. Likes Big Dave, chilly, dgage, Tasmania, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I wasn't happy with the patchy results from my last application of 303 on my tyres, and there was still some mud hiding in some nooks and crannies. I also noticed I got some over spray on the upwind side, all the way up to the roof. So I cleaned the tyres with some Carpro Eraser and a scrubbing brush. Then reapplied the 303 in the garage, let it soak in for an hour, then removed the excess. Then wiped the whole car over with Bowden's Boss Gloss, to remove any more over spray.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211026_153148-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211026_153305-jpg

How long does 303 last on the tyres? I'm useing BO tyre sheen and get about 2 week's
    But if i use Anglewax elixir more of a rubber sealant i can get 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    How long does 303 last on the tyres? I'm useing BO tyre sheen and get about 2 week's
    But if i use Anglewax elixir more of a rubber sealant i can get 3
    If we don't get too much rain, I can get 3 - 4 weeks on the FJ. On the Qashqai, which lives in the garage, and only gets driven once a week, 2 months easy, except for the front passenger tyre, which gets rubbed on the gutter almost every time it's driven.

14. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't washed the ES since last Sat, weather has been horrible but the ES didn't look as bad as you'd think after storms and TEN DAYSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I used my lunch hour, which I take at the end of the day (I can explain if need be) to do a WW. I used DG RW for the majority of the wash and finished up with Feynlab because I used up the DG WW. I also used the Feynlab WW to clean the tires and wheel faces, also sprayed some up in the wheelwells and let it dwell.

It came out great and only needed 4 plush, edgeless microfiber towels for the body/glass, that 75th Anniversary graphene and ceramic paste wax from TW has some incredible self-cleaning abilitiesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Our parts department moved next door into an old HD dealership, so atleast the pics look different this timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? The tires had a natrual look when I was done but when I got home I applied a fresh coat of Adam's graphene tire dressing to complete the FRESHNESSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes PaulMys, Big Dave, Jayfro, DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed some microfibers...
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Page 674 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1745746246646656666676686696706716726736746756766776786796806816826836847247741174 ... LastLast