autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    Winter/Fall mode engaged. Installed my new TuxMats as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Those are some badass winter mats. Never heard of them. I just emailed them to see if them can custom make ones for our buick as they don't list them. weathertech doesn't make them for the buick either.

Nice car btw

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Likes derek0609, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter/Fall mode engaged. A quick rinseless wash and on go the stock rims with the Michelin A/S tires. Installed my new TuxMats as well. The boat is ready for the cold and snow.

When does the ice cutter go on the front of that boat...how about the dingyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter/Fall mode engaged. A quick rinseless wash and on go the stock rims with the Michelin A/S tires. Installed my new TuxMats as well. The boat is ready for the cold and snow.

Are those soft and pliable or hard like weatherTechs?

I have husky Xact Contours and they are awesome. Molded but soft material. More like a foam rubber. My only problem is the btanded plaque on the matts are blue and clash with the red interior theme.

Sure noone notices but I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Are those soft and pliable or hard like weatherTechs?

I have husky Xact Contours and they are awesome. Molded but soft material. More like a foam rubber. My only problem is the btanded plaque on the matts are blue and clash with the red interior theme.

Sure noone notices but I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Soft and pliable, part of the reason why I bought them. These only have the little nameplates as you could see. We’ve had Weathertech in my wife’s last 2 cars and both had issues with the edges curling. Her last set did it in under a year and had them replaced under warranty.

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Soft and pliable, part of the reason why I bought them. These only have the little nameplates as you could see. We’ve had Weathertech in my wife’s last 2 cars and both had issues with the edges curling. Her last set did it in under a year and had them replaced under warranty.

Those look pretty good Derek! How's the price compared to WeatherTechs? It looks like a shorter lip and I'm thinking that's going to NOT curl up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Those look pretty good Derek! How's the price compared to WeatherTechs? It looks like a shorter lip and I'm thinking that's going to NOT curl up.

Outside lips go all the way up to the trim and inside lip goes the entire tunnel height

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I started actually using the build-up of products in my garage that I keep buying... gave Sonax Liquid Wax NPT a try. I admit this was applied on top of Collinite 845 (2 months old) but I'm only messing around with my own vehicles and both are garage kept.

This car pictured is wax products and the white one gets the Si02 products. If the layering wipes everything away tomorrow, guess I'll just start again. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20211023_155732-2-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20211023_155703-jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I needed to wash the mud from last week's trip off. So I foamed it with Mother's California Gold, all I had on hand, but I've ordered some Carpro Lift and Reset, hoping for delivery this week. Then rinsed under the wheel arches with a hose extension sprayer I've had for years, and forgot I had. Next was a 2B wash with Mother's California Gold. It's a little windy with sunny periods, so even though I was trying to keep it wet, I could see the water spots appearing after only a couple of minutes. I moved it into the garage to dry it, my normal drying aid wasn't doing much for the water spots, so tried some ONR in a QD dilution, worked well. Then buffed it with a clean soft MF. I also sprayed some 303 Aerospace Protectant on the tyres. Last step was cleaning the glass with Angelwax Vision.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211019_185023-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211024_154641-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211024_154942-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211024_154421-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

11. Likes DFB, Tasmania, Uncbrs, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a load of mf towels todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The ES is a weeks dirty but it's going to rain all day and into tomorrow, maybe Tuesday it gets washedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I needed to wash the mud from last week's trip off. So I foamed it with Mother's California Gold, all I had on hand, but I've ordered some Carpro Lift and Reset, hoping for delivery this week. Then rinsed under the wheel arches with a hose extension sprayer I've had for years, and forgot I had. Next was a 2B wash with Mother's California Gold. It's a little windy with sunny periods, so even though I was trying to keep it wet, I could see the water spots appearing after only a couple of minutes. I moved it into the garage to dry it, my normal drying aid wasn't doing much for the water spots, so tried some ONR in a QD dilution, worked well. Then buffed it with a clean soft MF. I also sprayed some 303 Aerospace Protectant on the tyres. Last step was cleaning the glass with Angelwax Vision.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211019_185023-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211024_154641-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211024_154942-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20211024_154421-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Maintaining balance between the need for dirt and the want of clean What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes Jayfro, Big Dave liked this post
Page 673 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 1735736236636646656666676686696706716726736746756766776786796806816826837237731173 ... LastLast