autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    If I remember correctly when I got my DWS06’s it took a long time for them to bloom everything out....let me know if you need more Optimum tire coating I have plenty!

I did “briefly” think out trying it on my wife’s X3 but she has Goodyear run flats that have a trillion ribs (for no ones pleasure) on the sidewalls, I passed and threw some WETS on them.

Jay
    My experience as well. Initial tire coating after a few weeks didn’t last long. Coating a few weeks later stayed for months.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The +'s are the new model of the DWS06's...new are DWS06+.

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm going to do a small section of the tire and see what happens with the Optimum tire coating, stay tuned (file pic usedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    The +'s are the new model of the DWS06's...new are DWS06+.
    Total brain fart but in my defense it's spelled out PLUS...plus I just got them...plusWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After abusing the ES for a while a wash was in order. More importantly a real tire cleaning of the new shoes so I can test Optimum tire coating one more timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started out foaming the ES w/ Gyeon Restart...everything, including the tires and wheels. I let it dwell and then rinsed and this product is named properly...RESTART because it beads up immediately, thus RESTARTING your surfaceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next I added 2 ounces of Auto-Fanatic snow foam in the CG's foam gun and foamed everything, including the tires and wheels, let dwell and rinsedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next was Brake Buster for the tires and wheels, all 4 brushes to make them clean again. I left the tire scrub for last and scrubbed hard. Rinsed everything away. I then dried the ES and finally dried the tires and wheels.

To leave time for additional air drying I vac'd out the interior and then came back to the p/s front tire. I dispensed some Optimum tire coating to a new applicator and applied a single coat to the tire. This product has that bluish hue when applying. After the 1st coat it had a slight sheen, so I followed up with a 2nd coat, working it in real good which brought it up to a true sheen. I showed the coated tire and an uncoated tire for reference. This is all I'm doing right now, that one tire because if it acts up like it has for me previously I've only gotta strip ONE tire...stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes dgage, Big Dave, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse - I don’t expect the coating to stay on due to them being so new but also because I don’t think you’ve cleaned them enough. You should be using a tire cleaner like Tuf Shine or 303 TR and making multiple passes until no more brown is produced. But as you know, even if you had done that, the new tires are still off gassing and releasing chemicals to the surface so this tire will get the double whammy and isn’t really a fair test of the coating.

11. Likes keylewm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Klasse - I don’t expect the coating to stay on due to them being so new but also because I don’t think you’ve cleaned them enough. You should be using a tire cleaner like Tuf Shine or 303 TR and making multiple passes until no more brown is produced. But as you know, even if you had done that, the new tires are still off gassing and releasing chemicals to the surface so this tire will get the double whammy and isn’t really a fair test of the coating.
    Well the out gasing is true but the tires are a couple months old since being made and although not mounted I'm hoping that helps. As far as scrubbing I did 3 rounds and there was NO brown at all. I did multiple wipes yesterday as well. I guess we'll see how it goes as it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, not sure when it will be washed next but I can wash that coated tire and report back to the groupWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Qashqai's new tyres were put on about 6 weeks ago, I put some 303 Aerospace Protectant on that day, when I checked the next day, it looked like I hadn't put anything on them. The second and third coats have lasted longer. I can still smell the new rubber every time I go into the garage, so definitely still off-gassing.

I do know there are better products, but I don't like the super glossy look. And it seems every time my Mum drives it, she scrapes it against the gutter. One of the reasons I put wider tyres on it. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210806_115139-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

15. Likes Jayfro, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well the out gasing is true but the tires are a couple months old since being made and although not mounted I'm hoping that helps. As far as scrubbing I did 3 rounds and there was NO brown at all. I did multiple wipes yesterday as well. I guess we'll see how it goes as it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, not sure when it will be washed next but I can wash that coated tire and report back to the groupWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Brake buster not strong enough. If still browning cleaning will be culprit. If it looks good your all good.

I used a drill brush to get my tires clean with 303 T&R. If doesn’t last long try a drill brush and if you don’t have a stronger wheel cleaner (tuff shine, 303 or Adams) try OPC maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So, I'm back in lock down again.

This lockdown, the 6th in the sate I live in, came out of the blue and as I'm sure can understand, is extremely frustrating. I spent the day detailing in an attempt distract myself and calm down a bit.

At the last wash of this Ranger Wildtrack, I noted the lack of beading on the lower panels, indicating the Jescar Power Lock I applied in January had began to fail. About 7 months durability is not too bad considering this vehicle spends it life parked outdoors. So time for a new coating.

Time for an old favorite, Collinite 845.

I also decided to try out Poorboy's Natural look on the exterior trims, leather and tires.

All done and protected again.

18. Likes Big Dave, MisterSnoop, Tasmania, dgage, PaulMys liked this post
Page 617 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 1175175676076086096106116126136146156166176186196206216226236246256266276677171117 ... LastLast