autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Gave her older Escape some much needed love this morning. Had some minor paint work done about a month ago. Interior was already done.

Good wash.
    Cleaned & dressed engine.
    Used Blackfire Hydroseal on all exterior surfaces.
    Dressed all exterior trim.
    DP tire shine on tires.

For 2 hours of my time, it turned out fantastic! DONE.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Sold more Mach Es in June than they did the regular Mustang.

Everything I've read is that it's a perfectly fine vehicle. I thought it was a bit silly using the Mustang name at first but quite honestly at this point I could care less. It's just a name.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Well when a name means something else you don't tarnish it. I mean seriously, is it really that hard to come up with a nameWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? The people who buy stuff like that don't wanna be connected (pun unintended but makes sense) to us. They're doing the same thing with the Lightning and I've heard rumors of Thunderbrid going on "something", nothing is sacred anymore...change for the sake of changeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well when a name means something else you don't tarnish it. I mean seriously, is it really that hard to come up with a nameWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? The people who buy stuff like that don't wanna be connected (pun unintended but makes sense) to us. They're doing the same thing with the Lightning and I've heard rumors of Thunderbrid going on "something", nothing is sacred anymore...change for the sake of changeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I thought Galaxy would have been a better name for the Mach E. I was stunned when Ford named it a Mustang.

In actual fact, Ford naming the Mach E a Mustang was a brilliant marketing move as without the catchy name, I do wonder how well it would be selling.

5. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bugger!

Knocked this bottle of the bench, landed head first on the floor snapped the trigger off.

7. Dislikes DetailKitty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Boooo 4 door electric Camaro.
    This just popped into my news feed.

Is this the long-awaited spiritual successor to Holden Commodore SS? Chevrolet to replace Camaro with new electric sports sedan: report - Car News | CarsGuide

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. Dislikes DetailKitty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...and boom boom goes the Dynamite What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

It seriously annoys me that everything has to be made into a 4-door
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Charger is now a 4 door and they sell a boat load of them. A name is a name. Ford and everyone else is in the business of selling cars.

I don't know why people get upset about cars like the Mach E and other electric cars. Same with boring crossovers. I know I've seen you say that you want a Veloster N, if Hyundai doesn't sell a boat load of CUVs like the Santa Fe and the Palisade that means that can't afford to continue making the Veloster N.

Me being a VW guy it's the same thing. If they don't sell a ton of Tiguans and Atlas then that means I don't get to enjoy the GTI and Golf R in the future.

Ford is no different, they need to sell a lot of Mach Es and Escapes to be able to continue to sell Mustangs. Like it or not that's the way it is right now.

We can all that the Cayenne for Porsche still existing too.

I know I went on a tangent that wasn't just about naming issues but in regards to the Mach E and Mustang name it's all about branding. If you can make the soccer mom and dad think they're cool because their electric CUV says Mustang on it then it was a success.

14. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I thought Galaxy would have been a better name for the Mach E. I was stunned when Ford named it a Mustang.

In actual fact, Ford naming the Mach E a Mustang was a brilliant marketing move as without the catchy name, I do wonder how well it would be selling.
    Exactly right. I didn't find actual sales numbers but car and driver has an article published on June 7th saying that in 2021 they have PRODUCED not sold 27,816 Mach Es and 26,089 Mustangs year to date.

16. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Charger is now a 4 door and they sell a boat load of them. A name is a name. Ford and everyone else is in the business of selling cars.

I don't know why people get upset about cars like the Mach E and other electric cars. Same with boring crossovers. I know I've seen you say that you want a Veloster N, if Hyundai doesn't sell a boat load of CUVs like the Santa Fe and the Palisade that means that can't afford to continue making the Veloster N.

Me being a VW guy it's the same thing. If they don't sell a ton of Tiguans and Atlas then that means I don't get to enjoy the GTI and Golf R in the future.

Ford is no different, they need to sell a lot of Mach Es and Escapes to be able to continue to sell Mustangs. Like it or not that's the way it is right now.

We can all that the Cayenne for Porsche still existing too.

I know I went on a tangent that wasn't just about naming issues but in regards to the Mach E and Mustang name it's all about branding. If you can make the soccer mom and dad think they're cool because their electric CUV says Mustang on it then it was a success.

It's all good, one Detroiter talking to a native Detroiter. The Veloster has been reduced to just the N now and I'm sure it's not long for this world. When the time comes hopefully I find one in my color and if not, it's MIATA timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

18. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
Page 614 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 1145145646046056066076086096106116126136146156166176186196206216226236246647141114 ... LastLast