autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I might have to go back outside and do another no contact foaming as it POURED earlier today. Cars and coffee is tomorrow and Madmerc asked if I was coming outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Yup… can’t show up dirty.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Hey I hear you, I look ridiculous myself out there, but I don’t care as long as it help keep the sweat out of my eyes because that’s the absolute worst. Lol.
    I could never wear a headband, but I don't seem to have the issue with sweat running into my eyes, could be my Neanderthal like brow ridges.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ES carwash #2 for the dayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This time I reached for Griot's Garage Brillant Shine carwash in the CG's foam gun. I filled it almost to the line, then some AMMO winter booster and P&S Pearl. I foamed everything, including the tires/wheels, rinsed off and dried the car with a new Adam's drying towel I was gifted. I then used the mini Master Blaster to dry the tires/wheels, grills and other nooks. I finished up with a light coat of Adam's graphene tire dressing, engine bay wipedown with DG RW and leather interior scent.

Now the ES is looking good for C&C tomorrow morning What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes Big Dave, dgage, DFB, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ES carwash #2 for the dayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This time I reached for Griot's Garage Brillant Shine carwash in the CG's foam gun. I filled it almost to the line, then some AMMO winter booster and P&S Pearl. I foamed everything, including the tires/wheels, rinsed off and dried the car with a new Adam's drying towel I was gifted. I then used the mini Master Blaster to dry the tires/wheels, grills and other nooks. I finished up with a light coat of Adam's graphene tire dressing, engine bay wipedown with DG RW and leather interior scent.

Now the ES is looking good for C&C tomorrow morning What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    I don’t know if there is another car in the world that gets cleaned as often as yours. I’m jealous. Been working too much the last 2 weeks to get the car clean. Hopefully tomorrow if I can get my computer to cooperate with the tasks I’m working on.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey I hear you, I look ridiculous myself out there, but I don’t care as long as it help keep the sweat out of my eyes because that’s the absolute worst. Lol.
    Ima order some head bands tonight. Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Ima order some head bands tonight. Great idea.

If we could at least change 1 life for the better, I’m glad it was you. Lol.
    But seriously, you’ll thank me later… You can get a 10pk. of terry cotton headbands for like $6 on ebay and those work. I geeked out and did some research and almost bought a headband that costs $25-$30 each until I really read through the reviews and decided it wasn’t all that. But I’m getting myself some nice ones soon.

12. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we could at least change 1 life for the better, I’m glad it was you. Lol.
    But seriously, you’ll thank me later… You can get a 10pk. of terry cotton headbands for like $6 on ebay and those work. I geeked out and did some research and almost bought a headband that costs $25-$30 each until I really read through the reviews and decided it wasn’t all that. But I’m getting myself some nice ones soon.
    I sweat ALOT and got a shaved head.... not a good combo. I’ll get some good ones

Post Thanks / Like

In honor of DFB's work truck being dirty, I went out and washed the ES, maybe you'll feel better DFBWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It actually rained on it yesterday and hadn't been washed in a couple days anyways so it was due! For this wash I simply added 4 oz of Adam's carwash soap into my CG's foam gun, foamed down and let dwell and rinsed away. Now even though I added Adam's H20 Guard and Gloss to the last wash I decided to use Adam's Slick and Slide as a drying aid. I previously used this product earlier in the week on a dry ES, today I wanted to try it on a wet ES. This is a great product that produces Gloss AND SlicknessWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the wheels I foamed them with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, let all 4 dwell while I got the soap ready for the wash. I didn't touch the tires other than foam them with the Adam's carwash soap and wiped them dry.

Right now I'm running a load of mf towels using TRC Rags to Riches and when done they will air dry.

Your up next DFB, I'm sure you'll find the CLEAN "down under" all that work dirtWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Feeling much, much better now!

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While @C&C this morning I had to clean my windows because there was Dew on them from overnight...that turned into reaching for something to "freshen up" with. The product I used was something I've had for years, a sample of TAC system Shinee wax. It's a small 3 oz bottle, if that and I used 2/3 of it. Jon from Forensic Detailing reviewed it and liked it, I believe Brian from Apex Detailing checked it out too.

Wiped down my rims and added some Adam's graphene tire dressing to Madmercs tires tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

17. Likes DFB, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On a long weekend at friend's cabins next to one another. 4 cars needing some love. Early morning I knocked out the Silverado and Mustang convert. That evening after floating on a pontoon and eating a large dinner, I tackled an Audi A4 & Highlander before dusk, sorry I forgot to snap the evening subjects.

This was a strictly "buff and go" program. No washing, just a wet towel wipe down before hand by the owners (dust only) and tire foam as a finishing touch to make the tires shine.

The Cordless Flex was a hit and BF One Step made the cars gleam! Not one owner uses a brush wash so the finishes were all in great shape to begin with. Average buff time per vehicle was 45-50 minutes, the Silverado was an hour+.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_9121-1-jpg

19. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
Page 608 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 1085085585985996006016026036046056066076086096106116126136146156166176186587081108 ... LastLast